Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Native 5 in XHP

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    ^ ^ He's talking about the Native 5 CF S110V...$205.

Spyderco Forum Registered User RadioactiveSpyder's Avatar
    Wow, that brown XHP Native just kind of popped up there out of nowhere! Did this get mentioned in some other thread? I like to think I'm kind of on top of these things, just goes to show how much of an illusion that really is! Looks cool, but am patiently waiting for the much discussed Native 5 lightweight in FRCP!
    It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by RadioactiveSpyder View Post
    Wow, that brown XHP Native just kind of popped up there out of nowhere! Did this get mentioned in some other thread? I like to think I'm kind of on top of these things, just goes to show how much of an illusion that really is! Looks cool, but am patiently waiting for the much discussed Native 5 lightweight in FRCP!
    saw the link on another forum, the folks there browse the nets for new stuff constantly.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jalcon View Post
    ^ ^ He's talking about the Native 5 CF S110V...$205.
    That's kind of funny, that's about the only one he didn't list!
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

kind of want it!

Spyderco Forum Registered User dgebler's Avatar
    Darn. i was just wondering today why i have so many backlocks when this is my least favorite lock. Now another one i am tempted to pull the trigger on. i dont love the brown g10 but that frn looks fresh and i dont have any xhp yet.

The knife on pre-order from knifecenter is the native 5 cf sv110! I just got off their website and ordered the KC exclusive brown frn native!!! It looks beautiful!

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    The title of KC's webpage says that it is a Knifecenter exclusive. There are a lot of interesting statements in the description.

It says that it is one of Spyderco's best models, the Native has never seemed to be terribly popular. I guess best is subjective.
    It says it has bi-directional texture, I don't believe this model has bi-directional texture.

Eric, I can't tell from your post what costed $205 including shipping. Not very many of the items you listed cost in that range. One or two of the Brown FRN Natives are not likely to total that amount, either.
    The scales look the same as the regular FRN Natives and I'm sure they used the same mold, so it should be bi-directional - would have cost a fortune to do a new mold.

Hey DONUT, I'm new to the spyderco family. Just bought my first spyderco about 3 months ago, but I am a native nut!!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User FCM415's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JNewell View Post
    But it is a bargain - only a couple of bucks more than the regular black/S30V version.
    Yeah, great price on it - a bargain indeed. But between the Manix XL, Nishijin Stretch, Cruwear Millies, S90v Millie, and an XDM .45 just this month, I can't pull it off. Gotta do Xmas gift shopping this week also fo the fam! Wish We were warned so I could have been ready lol

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mainaman View Post
    saw the link on another forum, the folks there browse the nets for new stuff constantly.
    Can you go back and do an advanced edit on your first post and change the title?
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawks, D'fly (H1,G-10), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V[2],XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleaf, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Caly (JR's,3,3.5-SB), D3, Para-2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescue, Dyad Jr, Pingo, Southard, AIR, Jess Horn, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II
    Mules> MT05,08,09,12,15,16,17, 18

*Landon*

Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    Can you go back and do an advanced edit on your first post and change the title?
    Not possible, I am yet to see any forum software that allows a user to change title. Only a moderator/admin can edit titles AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by mainaman View Post
    Not possible, I am yet to see any forum software that allows a user to change title. Only a moderator/admin can edit titles AFAIK.
    You are correct. The advanced lets you edit it, but it only reflects the title in the first post, not the actual thread title. Oh well, I was just trying to minimize confustion for others.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawks, D'fly (H1,G-10), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V[2],XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleaf, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Caly (JR's,3,3.5-SB), D3, Para-2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescue, Dyad Jr, Pingo, Southard, AIR, Jess Horn, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II

*Landon*

Quote Originally Posted by FCM415 View Post
    Yeah, great price on it - a bargain indeed. But between the Manix XL, Nishijin Stretch, Cruwear Millies, S90v Millie, and an XDM .45 just this month, I can't pull it off. Gotta do Xmas gift shopping this week also fo the fam! Wish We were warned so I could have been ready lol
    Original S90V Millie or Bento Box?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    JNewell, I guess I never noticed that they were bi-directionally textured. It seems to not be very angled.

Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    You are correct. The advanced lets you edit it, but it only reflects the title in the first post, not the actual thread title. Oh well, I was just trying to minimize confustion for others.
    From what I've seen on several forums, there is a time limit for how long you can change the title of a thread you create. Most of the time it is set to a few days. I think I tried to do it here and the time was shorter than most.

To change the title, you edit the original post, then go to advanced, and change the title of the original post at the top. If you're within the time limit, the title of the thread will change.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    XHP sound interesting. Too bad that the blade is not FFG
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

JNewell, I guess I never noticed that they were bi-directionally textured. It seems to not be very angled.

From what I've seen on several forums, there is a time limit for how long you can change the title of a thread you create. Most of the time it is set to a few days. I think I tried to do it here and the time was shorter than most.

To change the title, you edit the original post, then go to advanced, and change the title of the original post at the top. If you're within the time limit, the title of the thread will change.
    Thanks for the tip. I could edit the title, but after saving the changes it does not seem to have made a difference so far.
    The only thing I could change was the title of the post only. Hopefully a moderator will help out and make the correction when they see that.
    Last edited by mainaman; 11-21-2013 at 09:15 AM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar

No biggie!

Quote Originally Posted by bh49 View Post
    XHP sound interesting. Too bad that the blade is not FFG
    A little time on the grinder and Travis can fix you right up!
    My 's:

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    Landon,
    I am not sure that this is easy. Current Native LW in addition to hollow grind has a huge swedge, so conversion to FFG can be difficult. just not enough material.
    Roman
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters