Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Native 5 in XHP

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Spyderco Native in XHP

Knife center has them, assuming dealer special?

They are taking preoprders for a Native 5 in CF and S110V
    Last edited by mainaman; 11-21-2013 at 09:10 AM. Reason: typo

Mine is on pre-order for about a week now. I love the native family, and this knife will be a wonderful addition to my 2013 forum native, fluted titanium native, native moonglow, g10 native 5, and my frn native! Thanks for posting! PRICE:$205 including shipping.

I do not own a native, but the blade shape is a favorite of mine. My issue is the grind and how it cuts, I have Manix 2 and for some tasks it is not the best cutter, how is the Native 5?

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    I snagged one. Couldn't resist and a fair price if for nothing more than that awesome brown FRN.

My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    So, not a Native 5, just a regular Native Lightweight in XHP?
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Spyderco Forum Registered User wrdwrght's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mainaman View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up!
    Marc

USUAL CARRY: Air/Techno plus one from Manix/Native/Para/Caly/Stretch series. RECENT ARRIVAL: Cruwear Manix2. ON MY RADAR: CF S110V Native5 (pre-ordered); VG10 Caly 3.5. HOLY GRAILS: Superhawk; Manix (C95 FFG PE); S90V Manix2 (C101 "Mini" or 80mm). DREAMS: Tatanka (the long-awaited Bison!); Sage5.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deacon View Post
    So, not a Native 5, just a regular Native Lightweight in XHP?
    Now I realized the difference, I am new to Spyderko and am making rookie mistakes

So it is Native in XHP, and they have Native 5 on preorder in S110V.

Spyderco Forum Registered User senorsquare's Avatar
    This knife is tempting. I'm not a fan of that grind, but it might make a good X-mas present for my brother.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    That is interesting and odd. I am interested to see pictures of them once they arrive.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker. Waiting on a Squeak, Pingo, and Cliptools with a Split Spring!
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Is that native a exclusive or a normal production knife? A CF, S110V Spyderco production knife?!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jalcon View Post
    Is that native a exclusive or a normal production knife? A CF, S110V Spyderco production knife?!?
    The Brown XHP Native is a KC Exclusive and I believe the CF S110 is production.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    The Brown XHP Native is a KC Exclusive and I believe the CF S110 is production.
    Surprising, eh?

Just called Spyderco, and verified that the S110V CF Native5 is indeed production.

Spyderco Forum Registered User WireEdge Roger's Avatar
    I dislike the Native pattern, it doesn't fit my hand well. However, I like brown FRN and I really like XHP, so I'll have to try one out!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    I'm sure it will be limited production like the fluted military and native. Meaning they might as well be sprints so get them while you can haha
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User Mutt's Avatar
    Got myself one. Carpenters steel and brown. Had to

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mainaman View Post
    Knife center has them, assuming dealer special?

The brown FRN Native is listed as a KC exclusive, so, yes on the first point. Nice looking (I think).

Spyderco Forum Registered User FCM415's Avatar
    That came out of nowhere. Cool blade, too broke at this point though hehe. Looks great and is so affordable ahh killing me!

Good to hear the S110v CF is "production" (as in semi) This is the #1 release I'm looking forward to. I have it on pre order with GP which is now closed.

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FCM415 View Post
    That came out of nowhere. Cool blade, too broke at this point though hehe. Looks great and is so affordable ahh killing me!

Good to hear the S110v CF is "production" (as in semi) This is the #1 release I'm looking forward to. I have it on pre order with GP which is now closed.
    But it is a bargain - only a couple of bucks more than the regular black/S30V version.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    The title of KC's webpage says that it is a Knifecenter exclusive. There are a lot of interesting statements in the description.

It says that it is one of Spyderco's best models, the Native has never seemed to be terribly popular. I guess best is subjective.
    It says it has bi-directional texture, I don't believe this model has bi-directional texture.

Quote Originally Posted by eric m. View Post
    Mine is on pre-order for about a week now. I love the native family, and this knife will be a wonderful addition to my 2013 forum native, fluted titanium native, native moonglow, g10 native 5, and my frn native! Thanks for posting! PRICE:$205 including shipping.
    Eric, I can't tell from your post what costed $205 including shipping. Not very many of the items you listed cost in that range. One or two of the Brown FRN Natives are not likely to total that amount, either.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker. Waiting on a Squeak, Pingo, and Cliptools with a Split Spring!
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site