View Poll Results: What do you carry the most?

Voters
288. You may not vote on this poll
  • Military

34 11.81%
  • Paramilitary 1 or 2

69 23.96%
  • Caly series

57 19.79%
  • Sage series

32 11.11%
  • Chaparral series

17 5.90%
  • Native series

33 11.46%
  • Delica/Endura series

69 23.96%
  • Dragonfly 1 or 2

39 13.54%
  • Stretch

27 9.38%
  • Manix series

27 9.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Most popular EDC

Spyderco Forum Registered User Voltron's Avatar
    I thought the Manix series would be higher.
    Manix 2 all day

Spyderco Forum Registered User MarcusH's Avatar
    Most carried: Caly jr. or Caly 3/3.5 in FRN/CF/G-10 depending on my mood of the day.
    Celebrating special occasions the Calypso jr. in micarta and AUS-8.
    My small collection: http://www.araneomorphae.de
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and beautiful knives. The rest I just squandered."
    Slightly modified, R.I.P. George Best.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    The poll needs alot more input to give an accurate graphic picture. 163 votes so far, and some people voted more than once!

Well, I often edc the latest purchase but I almost always end up back at the Delica so I voted for that.
    Adam

Spyderco Forum Registered User jackknifeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eric m. View Post
    The poll needs alot more input to give an accurate graphic picture. 163 votes so far, and some people voted more than once!
    What would be interesting is for anyone who cares to write down every day what they carry. Most people who read this forum have more than one knife so the choices they make on a daily basis might be interesting. Example: MONDAY; Manbug, Chaparral, GB. TUESDAY; Chaparral. Etc. If a few people (the more the metter) would do this then post the choiced after 30 days that might be interesting to someone who is considering buying ONE NICE KNIFE and only one for a pocket knife. Of course the ONE NICE KNIFE may turn into several. Then when someone reads this forum looking for information to buy one nice knife that they will use every day the choices of EDC from people who have multiple options would be invaluable. My problem is I have traded or sold knives I didn't EDC much leaving me with a small "set" that get carried a lot. The set is this:
    Manbug
    Dragonfly2
    Sage4
    Chaparral
    Bradley Folder (GB)

I have a few other knives but these are the only constant EDC knives I own. But my "set" is so small no one could benifit from me writing down anything. But people with 10, 15 or more options in a drawer and only pick an EDC numbering at 5 or so specific knives would be helpful to someone else, maybe.

Just for grins if I chose only one from the above set it would be the Sage4. Legal in most places in the US. More than strong or big enough for any task I routinely come across for a pocket knife. My choice would be the GB except it is illegal (technically) in the state of FL I think. Where I live no one cares what pocket knife anyone carries if they use it properly. The reasons I wouldn't choose the others for "only one" is the Manbug and D'fly are too small for some tasks I have. So is the Chaparral. But the "most used" knife is the Chaparral. The perfect "set" to carry is the Manbug, Chaparral and GB.

Jack
    PS
    I still have a wish list of knives I'd like to get allthough I have no immediate plans to get one. Gotta get through Christmas and property taxes. But, thanks to this thread the Caly3 has just been added and very possibly added at the top of the list. If so many people with several choices pick the Caly(s) for EDC there must be something to the knife that isn't seen in a catalog.

My EDC for a while. Stretch with carbon fiber handle, Chaparral 2, Dragonfly 2 with kirinite MOP handle, Manbug with bolster/red bone handle. Super blue/420J1 blades on all three (except Chaparral).

Spyderco Forum Registered User Officer Gigglez's Avatar
    Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.
    Tasman Salt, PE
    Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
    -Tenacious G-10, Combo edge
    -Tasman Salt, PE
    -Persistence Limited Edition Blue G-10, PE
    -Pacific Salt, Black, PE
    -Delica 4, Grey FRN, Emerson Wave, PE
    -Karahawk collector's club #015, Custom Scales, Emerson Wave, PE
    -DiAlex Junior, G10, PE
    -Byrd SS Crossbill, PE, Custom Engraved

Spyderco Forum Registered User gastonian's Avatar
    IMO the clay series is the ultimate Spyderco edc combining all the best traits of Spyderco knives into one!

Quote Originally Posted by jackknifeh View Post
    Gayle Bradley

^this followed very closely by my southard. Distant third is pm2 m390...

Gayle Bradley.
    Para-Military 2 FG | Manix 2 LWT |Stretch BLE | Endura TA | Glock 78

I love the Endura. By leaps and bounds my favorite and most often carried pocket knife design.

If I wasn't a student who works at a grocery store and has ammo to buy, I'd probably own a Caly 3.5 and a Manix 2 as well.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Dodge's Avatar
    Value line (Tenacious) gets most of my pocket these days
    "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

1000 votes should give a reasonably accurate depiction!?

Difficult to call one favorite over another. Almost every one I have is a favorite. Lately, the Wayne Goddard Lightweight and Stretch ZDP 189 have been seeing the most pocket time (with a bit of the Cruwear Military thrown in). I'm liking thin, slicey, and lightweight lately. Mike

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    Great thread. We already have 200+ votes and I think that it will be pretty fair statement that tier 1 for afi is Caly family, Para and Endura/Delica family.
    I am pleased to see that my favorite Natives hold as good as entire Sage family or Military or Stretch. I thought that these knives would go higher. Probably Forum Native helped.

Sal, Eric,
    thank you again. This was the perfect choice of materials and model for the Forum knife.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

Caly series!!!! Perfect ergos
    Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
    Transcend the illusion.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bh49 View Post
    Great thread. We already have 200+ votes and I think that it will be pretty fair statement that tier 1 for afi is Caly family, Para and Endura/Delica family.
    I am pleased to see that my favorite Natives hold as good as entire Sage family or Military or Stretch. I thought that these knives would go higher. Probably Forum Native helped.

Sal, Eric,
    thank you again. This was the perfect choice of materials and model for the Forum knife.
    the forum native definitely caught my attention. if it weren't for the s110v blade i would have regretfully never gave the N5 a chance.
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User Axlis's Avatar
    So, does anyone carry a Dodo besides me? Long live the Dodo!
    When you've got a Delica and a Dodo, everything else is just eye-candy!

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    the forum native definitely caught my attention. if it weren't for the s110v blade i would have regretfully never gave the N5 a chance.
    THIS is exactly how I feel
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Kind of surprised the manix is bringing up the rear!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Axlis View Post
    So, does anyone carry a Dodo besides me? Long live the Dodo!
    i had a CF dodo for a while, ended up selling it. got weird looks whenever i would use it in public and im not a big fan of recurves. i have to say though, it has the most comfortable handle out of any spyderco ive ever had. even better than the caly's imo
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer