View Poll Results: What do you carry the most?

Voters
288. You may not vote on this poll
  • Military

34 11.81%
  • Paramilitary 1 or 2

69 23.96%
  • Caly series

57 19.79%
  • Sage series

32 11.11%
  • Chaparral series

17 5.90%
  • Native series

33 11.46%
  • Delica/Endura series

69 23.96%
  • Dragonfly 1 or 2

39 13.54%
  • Stretch

27 9.38%
  • Manix series

27 9.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Most popular EDC

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    kind of surprised how much more popular the Caly is over the Sage. Just can't get into lockbacks, though I love my g10 dfly

I carry my Sage 1 the most
    I would love to have a Caly 3, however

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbrokenchain33 View Post
    kind of surprised how much more popular the Caly is over the Sage. Just can't get into lockbacks, though I love my g10 dfly
    i spent 2 years hating lockbacks because of the potential blade play they can develop. The internal stop pin on the chaparral gave me the opportunity to cary a lock back and i would say its my favourite lock now if your like me, the slight vertical play will be less noticeable over time
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    Maybe I've just been fortunate, but not one of my Spyderco knives have any play at all vertically. The only one that has side to side play is my Ladybug H1, and even still it's minimal. If anything I'd expect it in my FRN Native, which has fallen 275 feet (Closed)...it's still performing flawlessly.
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    i spent 2 years hating lockbacks because of the potential blade play they can develop. The internal stop pin on the chaparral gave me the opportunity to cary a lock back and i would say its my favourite lock now if your like me, the slight vertical play will be less noticeable over time
    I don't know what it is, the lock back just doesn't feel natural/comfortable to me. Now if they re released some of the solid SB Caly's I'd probably pick one up

Quote Originally Posted by Unbrokenchain33 View Post
    I don't know what it is, the lock back just doesn't feel natural/comfortable to me. Now if they re released some of the solid SB Caly's I'd probably pick one up
    it took some getting used to for me after using liner and compression locks exclusively for 2 years but you miss out on a lot of awesome knives if u dont adapt to lockbacks
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User VeloWeave's Avatar
    It was the Chaparral series for me until this summer when I got a Caly 3 CF and I don't know if it's because it's new but it's always in my pocket and it sits on my desk right beside the Chaparral. I still think Chaparral carries better but there's something about Caly that makes it so good.

Most Carried: Caly 3 CF, Sebenza Insingo small, Chaparral, Southard Flipper, Delica 4, Ritter Mini-Grip, Techno, Injection 3.0
    Wishlist 2014: Dice, Mnandi, Strider PT CC
    Other's I own or have sold: Vallotton, Anso Zulu, Blur CF, Scallion, Leaf Storm, Sage 2
    Flashlight EDC: Preon 0, Peak Eiger AAA Oveready edition with QTC & momentary button Nichia 219 emitter
    Coming Soon Flashlight: MBI HF Copper 3 mode with Hi Cri emitter (arrived and it's awesome!)

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    I am shocked to see the Sage coming so close to the Military.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Wow do Manix 2 owners not know how to vote? I know there are a lot of those knives in the wild. Also surprised the Delica/Endura isn't the to of the heap. I don't care for them but they seem to be the default Spyderco knife.
    All God's critters have knives.

Sage 1
    Next Spyderco: Worker Sprint, Lightweight Manix 2 S110V

Spyderco Forum Registered User Syncharmony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdGenRigger View Post
    If anything I'd expect it in my FRN Native, which has fallen 275 feet (Closed)...it's still performing flawlessly.
    Your heart must have been in your throat when that fell, for a couple different reasons!

chaparral is falling even more behind! last place

-Spencer

It's probably because they've been around the longest in the spyderco line-up! These models introduced spyderco to the world, thus they have gained a very loyal following! A friend has a delica he bought over 20 years ago, and he still carries it, although the native5 has just recently been seeing more pocket time.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eric m. View Post
    It's probably because they've been around the longest in the spyderco line-up! These models introduced spyderco to the world, thus they have gained a very loyal following! A friend has a delica he bought over 20 years ago, and he still carries it, although the native5 has just recently been seeing more pocket time.
    Yes and no. The Para 2 is much younger than the Military, but you see who's winning that fight.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Xcellent's Avatar
    Of all the spydies I have I carry my Cricket the most. After that the Dragonfly, the equilibrium and now the (pink) Squeak . Mostly to insure my co-workers I'm not a crazy killer on the loose. I'm surprised to see that the Caly is so popular... maybe i should get one after all

Spyderco Forum Registered User Rwb1500's Avatar
    I think the poll needs a little big knife option. I almost always carry a Ladybug or Manbug or a Balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbcad View Post
    Change is the only constant...

...Quite enjoyable and satifsying to have the number of knives decrease but the sharpness of the edges increase. The eternal quest for least resistance

Enjoy your edges folks

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwb1500 View Post
    I think the poll needs a little big knife option. I almost always carry a Ladybug or Manbug or a Balance.
    Yeah, even though I very rarely go without a primary EDC, my most carried knife is without a doubt a Ladybug of one version or another.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User jackknifeh's Avatar
    Gayle Bradley

My EDC for a while. Stretch with carbon fiber handle, Chaparral 2, Dragonfly 2 with kirinite MOP handle, Manbug with bolster/red bone handle. Super blue/420J1 blades on all three (except Chaparral).

Even as a recent convert to the Caly 3.5, the results surprise me. I was really expecting the Para2 to surge way ahead of everything else.

I'm sure that this makes interesting reading for the Spyder Crew as well - this is "use" rather than "sales" even though it is a very small sample. If I was interpreting this data, I'd be looking at producing more Caly sprints rather than say Stretch or Manix sprints but again, you'd need to look at that against the sales figures as well.

I'm in two minds about adding the LBK catagory as I agree with the comments that these are probably the most carried (for me a Ladybug on my keys every day) but I'd hazard a guess that a lot of us carry another knife in addition to the LBK. If it were to go in the poll, it should maybe go in as "LBK as primary carry" so it doesn't skew the results?

None of the above, unless riding in the driver's door pocket of my Honda Civic counts, in which case it would be my clip-less Military, the clip being damaged so long ago, I have forgotten how it happened. (I used to be very rough on pocket clips!)

At work, I carry an Assist in one front pants pocket, and a Civilian concealed. My actual EDC, for the left front pocket, is a Tarani Masters Model folding Karambit, pre-5.11, made in the USA by Blade-Tech for Karambit.com.

Perhaps I will eventually buy another Military, and if this poll has not yet ended, will vote. Alternatively, I might resume carrying a Gunting in a kydex belt sheath, in which case "none of the above" will remain applicable. I am experimenting with changing my carry pistol placement, which puts my knife carry in a state of flux, until things are settled.
    Last edited by Rex G; 11-23-2013 at 10:57 PM.
    Civilians, Dodo, Guntings, Mili, P'kal, Rescues, Ronins, Temperance, others...

Have Colt, will travel.