View Poll Results: What do you carry the most?

Voters
286. You may not vote on this poll
  • Military

34 11.89%
  • Paramilitary 1 or 2

68 23.78%
  • Caly series

57 19.93%
  • Sage series

31 10.84%
  • Chaparral series

17 5.94%
  • Native series

33 11.54%
  • Delica/Endura series

68 23.78%
  • Dragonfly 1 or 2

39 13.64%
  • Stretch

26 9.09%
  • Manix series

26 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Most popular EDC

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Lately I have been carrying a DFLY 2 the most and I always have a ladybug on my key chain. Outside of work it depends on the tasks I expect but a millie/para and a stretch/delica

I voted PM2.

I'm surprised at the number of people that selected knives that aren't one-hand operation. I'm going to have to ask about that in a separate thread.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bdblue View Post
    I voted PM2.

I'm surprised at the number of people that selected knives that aren't one-hand operation. I'm going to have to ask about that in a separate thread.
    What knives do u consider not one hand operational? I can operate all of those with one hand
    Top Picks: Chaparral 2, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2, Ladybug 3

-----Dreaming of: M4 Bird & Trout collaboration with Phil Wilson-----

-Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    What knives do u consider not one hand operational? I can operate all of those with one hand
    +1

Yeah, everything on the list can be opened and closed one handed.

Stretch combo-edge! Native FRN close 2ND!!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    Same here.
    Para-Military 2 satin camo, P'kal, Matriarch 2, Squeak, Endura 4, Delica 4, Jason Breeden Rescue, Orange Dodo, Dragonfly 2, Yojimbo 2, Manix 2 DLC Black, UKPK, Ulize, Lum Tanto Folder Grey, Caly 3.5, Swick 3, Bug, Grey G10 Jester, Military CPM Cru-Wear, Karahawk, Ladybug, Caly 3 Super Blue, Bradley Folder, Starmate, Ladybug Super Blue, Urban, Para-Military 2 CPM 154/S90V, Caly 3.5 Super Blue, Para-Military 2 CTS-204P

Bring back the A.T.R!

I really expected the Manix models to get more love, I'm most surprised by that...
    Next Spyderco: Worker Sprint, Lightweight Manix 2 S110V

Manix 2 XL DLC, Endura 4 FFG Grey FRN, Pacific Salt SE Yellow FRN, Sage 1, Paramilitary 2 Black & Satin, Gayle Bradley, Stretch SB, Caly 3.5 Black VG-10

Quote Originally Posted by swigert View Post
    I really expected the Manix models to get more love, I'm most surprised by that...
    Poll is still young im surprised by the low number of chaparrals myself
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

There's the Caly 3.5 and then there's all the other Spydrrco's..

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    I'm not at all surprised about the Caly results. There was a time when the Caly 3 was the epitome of EDC perfection. If I weren't so biased towards compression locks, I would probably agree. I would have to say right now my favorite EDC is my Yojimbo 2, but that's constantly changing. As always with these kinds of questions, I'll just post the same pic I always post and say "one of these".

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Pockets's Avatar
    D'fly for sure.
    The Sage 1 kicked my Stretch SE out of rotation (sort of, it also needs a new backspacer, I just have no incentive to replace it , but my Para 2 only barely failed to best the Sage. So I voted for them all!
    Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5

Centofante 4 gets the most pocket time ...

Gordo

Spyderco Forum Registered User jmh58's Avatar
    WOW!! I chose Delica as that seems to be (pingo too) my most carried.. Looks like there are more Caly folks out there.. I will have to add one to the mix some time to see what its all about!! John
    A great rabbit chase ends with a.. BANG!!!

Never too old to relive your youth!!

Life is to short to carry a cheap knife!!!

Lockbacks were never intended to be operated one-handed. Yes you can do it but it is very dangerous. The worst cut I've ever gotten with one of my knives was while trying to close a lockback with one hand.

I'm surprised that more people didn't go for the Manix 2. It is probably overshadowed by the PM2 but the Manix 2 has its good points and it can be bought for less than the PM2. I have both and there are things I like better about the PM2 and other things that I like better about the Manix 2

Spyderco Forum Registered User Syncharmony's Avatar
    Lockbacks were never intended to be operated one-handed. Yes you can do it but it is very dangerous. The worst cut I've ever gotten with one of my knives was while trying to close a lockback with one hand.
    If you have a 50/50 choil, like a good amount of Spyderco's do, one handed closing of a lockback isn't that bad. It provides a safety guard of sorts to help prevent chopped fingers. That being said, accidents can definitely still happen.

The finger choil of every one of my lockbacks enables you to flip the blade halfway closed (roughly 90 degrees rotation), and the choil stops it at your index finger (There's even enough unsharpened blade on my Ladybug and Jester to flip it closed into my index finger without hitting blade). The only exception is my Caly3.5...by the time the blade has rotated 90 degrees the sharpened bit will hit your hand. The 50/50 choil on the Caly 3.5 is a little "stretched" or "elongated"...if you pull your index finger to the back half of the choil, you can flip the blade into your index finger (Or let it drop if it's loose enough to drop with the lock engaged) and there's plenty of blade choil to interact with your finger so you don't cut yourself. It's all in the technique. Every Spyderco in my signature can be operated by myself easily with one hand.
    Last edited by 3rdGenRigger; 11-20-2013 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam), Jester (Grey G10), Caly3/3.5 (CF ZDP-189/420J2), Domino (Blue weave)
    Ladybug (H1), Native FRN (Black S30V), Dragonfly Salt, Swick3, Techno, Military (CruWear)
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule Team (K390), Manix2 LW Black, Ulize, Chokwe
    Saver Salt, Lava (Blue G-10), 2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Titanium Damascus)

-> Branden

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    The handle was only able to cut the hemp when 10,000 metric tons of force was applied

Spyderco Forum Registered User Buendia518's Avatar
    I voted Dragonfly. There are other more useful and enjoyable knives for me to carry but my favorite in the watch pocket is the Dragonfly 2; thin, light, usefull and any bigger I'm worried will show . I prefer they don't peak out the top for fear of losing them. I'm leaning towards non pocket clip carry, basically just self conscious.

Lately my dialex junior is the one I keep in my backpack which makes it my most carried technically, it doesn't rotate at all but I supplement occasionally.
    Greath thread.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Buendia518's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncharmony View Post
    If you have a 50/50 choil, like a good amount of Spyderco's do, one handed closing of a lockback isn't that bad. It provides a safety guard of sorts to help prevent chopped fingers. That being said, accidents can definitely still happen.
    Very often I minorly cut the joint on my right index finger closing lockbacks. It's a matter of being careful, even not being careful it's not too serious so I consider just about all of them one handed closers.

I'm surprised that more people didn't go for the Manix 2. It is probably overshadowed by the PM2 but the Manix 2 has its good points and it can be bought for less than the PM2. I have both and there are things I like better about the PM2 and other things that I like better about the Manix 2
    its funny cause the only knife ive cut myself with while closing was the Manix2 flicked it closed and the tip clipped my palm at the bottom

-Spencer