View Poll Results: What do you carry the most?

Voters
288. You may not vote on this poll
  • Military

34 11.81%
  • Paramilitary 1 or 2

69 23.96%
  • Caly series

57 19.79%
  • Sage series

32 11.11%
  • Chaparral series

17 5.90%
  • Native series

33 11.46%
  • Delica/Endura series

69 23.96%
  • Dragonfly 1 or 2

39 13.54%
  • Stretch

27 9.38%
  • Manix series

27 9.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Most popular EDC

Spyderco Forum Registered User Cheddarnut's Avatar
    I hate to build a case for the pm2s as i voted for my 1. Me thinks the millies and paras get lumped together as they are they same fam, and...ahh forget it, too many choices
    I collect knives, my knives collect dust.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Please, good sir...You have to add all the models of Spydies to the poll, not just some few selected knives, in order for us to accurately answer the question posed.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Grejs76's Avatar
    None of them legal in Denmark.

Mikael.

Spyderco Forum Registered User kbuzbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    I tried to pick knives i thought were the most popular, but post if i did not include yours
    I voted Caly as I do like them, especially the SB models. But my most carried and most used is the Balance.

Ken
    玉鋼

Techno almost always...an immensely versatile folder, so much better than the specs would dictate.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwdriver View Post
    I am the first vote on the Delica/Endura? Where the hell am I???.....I thought this was a Spyderco forum.....
    From the short time I've been around here it does seem that most here that regularly contribute carry something more expensive than the endura and delica. Just an observation. I could be way off. Obviously the delica picture thread shows how many are out there.

Also, they are obvious outstanding knives, maybe just not people favorites. I carry my endura quite a lot but it's not my "favorite". But im not worried about it getting hard use.
    Next Spyderco: Worker Sprint, Lightweight Manix 2 S110V

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Wish I could add all the models, but you can only add 10 options unfortunately
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jazz's Avatar
    I always have an Endura in my back pocket, but switch out for the smaller one in front, and it could be any small Spyderco knife. At work, though, Salt 1 PE rules - every day.
    - best wishes, Jazz.

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    Good thread,
    With all insanity around various flavors of Para2 I am surprised to see Caly family outperform Paras and Military. And Natives performs as good as Military. Probably this is too early to tell. My votes went to Natives and Calys.
    No Persians in the poll ?????????????
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Excellent poll and thread Spencer. I think with another 40 or so entries, you should have a good sampling of what's being carried.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User Syncharmony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bh49 View Post
    Good thread,
    With all insanity around various flavors of Para2 I am surprised to see Caly family outperform Paras and Military. And Natives performs as good as Military. Probably this is too early to tell. My votes went to Natives and Calys.
    No Persians in the poll ?????????????
    I'm not too surprised, I'm pretty new to the forums but since I joined up I've seen a LOT of praise and discussion about the Caly 3 and 3.5. It almost makes me a little nervous to buy one, because it sounds like it dominates a collection for pocket time and is practically perfect! I will though, eventually.

Spyderco Forum Registered User wrdwrght's Avatar
    Fun poll, Spencer.

My sigline spells out my vote on these mostly biggish Spydies.

But along with one of the three I rotate, I am now keeping a recently acquired Air in my pocket.

Which has me wondering off-topic. What are the favorite "delicate" Spydies (tinier than the DFs and Chaps of the current poll) that people actually carry. And how many carry a delicate one along with a beefier one? Care to add a poll on this subject?
    Marc

USUAL CARRY: Air/Techno plus one from Manix/Native/Para/Caly/Stretch series. RECENT ARRIVAL: Cruwear Manix2. ON MY RADAR: CF S110V Native5 (pre-ordered); VG10 Caly 3.5. HOLY GRAILS: Superhawk; Manix (C95 FFG PE); S90V Manix2 (C101 "Mini" or 80mm). DREAMS: Tatanka (the long-awaited Bison!); Sage5.

Thumbs up

At work (office environment) - chaparral
    Casual wear - delica 4
    Main chore knife around the home and farm and in the field - PM2 (S90V CF)

Quote Originally Posted by dogrunner View Post
    At work (office environment) - chaparral
    Casual wear - delica 4
    Main chore knife around the home and farm and in the field - PM2 (S90V CF)
    pretty solid rotation right there
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User phillipsted's Avatar
    For the purposes of this poll, I defined "EDC" as the knife that I carry most days. I carry my PM2 most weekends... But in my case, it means in the office wearing a suit on weekdays. In this case, the PM2 is out - but of the ones on the list, the ZDP-189 DFly2 is my go-to.

TedP

Quote Originally Posted by phillipsted View Post
    For the purposes of this poll, I defined "EDC" as the knife that I carry most days. I carry my PM2 most weekends... But in my case, it means in the office wearing a suit on weekdays. In this case, the PM2 is out - but of the ones on the list, the ZDP-189 DFly2 is my go-to.

TedP
    could have picked both Ted

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User gull wing's Avatar
    Suprised to see the Caly series leading now, I guessed the Para to lead.
    Waiting for....Calypso Jr.,

SCARAMOUCHE!

Caly 3, Para 2 and Delica are in my top 5 favorites. I rotate through all though so hard to say what is carried the most. I voted Delica. My other top five are Gayle Bradley and Domino.

Spyderco Forum Registered User razorsharp's Avatar
    Can't vote tuff I'll vote millie
    -Travis
    Come chat with us on IRC

Visit the knife picture site http://sharpthings.net/
    Super-steel Nut

To the sharpening junkies: SHOW THOSE EDGES!
    Spyderco Knives- Tuff- Southard- Resilience
    Others- Dalibor Sirius- Strider SnG DGG- Ozark Tradition DC Slicer- Curtiss Nano- Strider SMF Lego
    Inbound: Zero Tolerance 0777 - Zero Tolerance 0801cf - Benchmade 940-1

Spyderco Forum Registered User VWTattoo's Avatar
    I voted for the Caly since I like to carry the Calypso Jr. ZDP more than the other choices available. Second on that list of EDC would be the Sage (1) family. But I tend to rotate my EDCs among ~12 knives. Lately, the Terzuola Slipit is getting a lot of pocket time.
    2004 VW R32
    Got GIN-1?