Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Full Super Blue or Sandwich Super Blue ?

Spyderco Forum Registered User einstein2001's Avatar
    I'd like to point out how 'Caly like' the new Kiwi is with its pinned construction, back lock and G10 scales. Could this be a contender for a future full SB sprint?
    Cruwear Military, CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule
    Southard, Techno, Sage 2, Gayle Bradley
    Super Blue Caly 3, Caly 3.5, Endura and G10 Ladybug
    ZDP-189 G10 Dragonfly, ZDP-189 Nishijin Dragonfly

-Brandon

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein2001 View Post
    I'd like to point out how 'Caly like' the new Kiwi is with its pinned construction, back lock and G10 scales. Could this be a contender for a future full SB sprint?
    I like the way you are thinking Brandon!
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User dgebler's Avatar
    Can't say for sure, but the picture at KW for the SB dragonfly looks like full Super blue. I know it could be photoshop, but the description does not mention a sandwich. Any confirmation?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dgebler View Post
    Can't say for sure, but the picture at KW for the SB dragonfly looks like full Super blue. I know it could be photoshop, but the description does not mention a sandwich. Any confirmation?
    All the Seki-made FRN SB sprints are laminated. That's how the maker felt most comfortable working with the steel, or Spyderco requested, or something like that.
    Blake

Listing of Blade-Length Laws by State/County (Not My Website)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf