Thread: Stretch Super Blue release soon?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar

Stretch Super Blue release soon?

I'm still in the hunt for a blade with super blue steel but in a knife I don't already own. I've been meaning to pick up a stretch so why not kill two birds with one stone?

Anyway, anybody know when it might be released. I swear I remember reading something but I'm unable to find the thread. Hmm...maybe it was on blade forums.
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!!, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Lava, Para-Military 2 CPM-S35VN, Domino CTS-204P, Bob Lum Tanto Folder Black on Black, Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 2
    Grail: A.T.R.

Nothing? No news and no interest?
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!!, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    Most recently acquired: Lava, Para-Military 2 CPM-S35VN, Domino CTS-204P, Bob Lum Tanto Folder Black on Black, Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 2

Spyderco Forum Registered User Cheddarnut's Avatar
    Im interested. Im also worried that the f & f will be as amateur as the endura superblue i returned. Gonna have to handle this one first.
    I collect knives, my knives collect dust.

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    I have one preordered...very anxiously awaiting it.
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench, SE SuperHawk
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench, Black ZDP Caly Jr.
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User TheChunk91's Avatar
    Mine has been on preorder for 3 months or so, but what can you do besides wait.

I almost bought a SuperBlue D4/E4 pair a few days ago (I've handled both, and gifted 2 Delicas in past, but never bought either for myself), but I left with a CF Caly 3.5 instead. One of my cousins has been carrying a Stretch (Black FRN) for at least 5 years), and I've held it and decided it would be my choice for FRN Spyderco, and the Dragonfly, though I don't have a FRN Dragonfly yet. I just prefer the ergos of the Stretch to the Delica or Endura.
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench, SE SuperHawk
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench, Black ZDP Caly Jr.
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdGenRigger View Post
    I almost bought a SuperBlue D4/E4 pair a few days ago (I've handled both, and gifted 2 Delicas in past, but never bought either for myself), but I left with a CF Caly 3.5 instead. One of my cousins has been carrying a Stretch (Black FRN) for at least 5 years), and I've held it and decided it would be my choice for FRN Spyderco, and the Dragonfly, though I don't have a FRN Dragonfly yet. I just prefer the ergos of the Stretch to the Delica or Endura.
    It would seem you are not alone in your preference. Every review I've watched on YouTube has nothing but great things to say about the Stretch. It is definitely on my must have list. The Super Blue is icing on the cake. Mmmm..cake.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I love the stretch and have the combo edge that I carry everywhere! Just pre-ordered a stretch super blue sprint from knifecenter! Time to pull the trigger on this one if you love the stretch! You should also get the racing green zdp-189 stretch! That's also a beautiful knife!

Spyderco Forum Registered User dgebler's Avatar
    Has anyone confirmed if this will be full sb or the laminated blade similar to the recent delica/endura? I know the 2014 cat. has sparked some questions.

Quote Originally Posted by dgebler View Post
    Has anyone confirmed if this will be full sb or the laminated blade similar to the recent delica/endura? I know the 2014 cat. has sparked some questions.
    It will be laminated

From the pictures in the catalog it looks like straight superblue!

Just 'superblue' stamped on the ones in the catalog. Fun!

I already asked that question in the Calendar Discussion thread...most people thought laminated, but it does look like straight SuperBlue in the photos. No official confirmation either way yet that I've seen, and I'm still curious.

-> Branden

I have wanted a Stretch for a while now, I wanted one in a color other than black or green though. I hope I can pick one of these up.