Thread: Time for another dedicated left hand Spyderco ?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Manix Guy 2's Avatar

Time for another dedicated left hand Spyderco ?

It has been awhile since the left hand Military has been discontinued and wonder if there is any interest to ask for another lefty ? What knife would the south paws have a wish list for to ponder and dream ? Mine would have to be the Bradley or the Tuff . Regards MG2

Spyderco Forum Registered User Ignaz's Avatar
    I think that's a great idea. I almost bought a left hand military but decided not to get one because it's just too big for my needs. Maybe the chinese folder by Bob Lum or a Sage could be interesting. What do the other lefties and the Spydercrew think about another lefty knife?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    As unfair as it is, left-handed oriented knives are targeting a very small amount of people. Sadly, I think toxic green knives have more of a sales urgency.

Spyderco frequently listens to its fans often resulting in slow sellers. A reason why they are great people . You might convert this to a poll if you have some ideas or post one later.
    Blake

Listing of Blade-Length Laws by State/County (Not My Website)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I just created an account to say, I really hope they make a left-handed Southard. I would certainly snap one up. I believe Sal said they would need to sell 1200 of them for it to be economical to manufacture. Perhaps raise the money on Kickstarter? There has got to be 1199 other lefties out there willing to buy a Southard.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    welcome to the forums Kubix!
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    welcome to the forums Kubix!
    Thanks!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kubix View Post
    I just created an account to say, I really hope they make a left-handed Southard. I would certainly snap one up. I believe Sal said they would need to sell 1200 of them for it to be economical to manufacture. Perhaps raise the money on Kickstarter? There has got to be 1199 other lefties out there willing to buy a Southard.
    Welcome to the forums !

Unfortunately Kickstarter won't approve knife projects.
    Blake

Listing of Blade-Length Laws by State/County (Not My Website)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Blerv View Post
    Welcome to the forums !
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Blerv View Post
    Unfortunately Kickstarter won't approve knife projects.
    Huh, I wasn't aware. What a silly restriction. It looks like Indiegogo is OK with it, though. A quick search found two knife projects: one for a ceramic kitchen knife and the other some sort of utility knife. There is also a Karambit trainer.

Lefty Domino would be perfect

Spyderco Forum Registered User M80's Avatar
    I dream about a lefty Southard any dedicated left handed folder would be amazing

Spyderco Forum Registered User Manix Guy 2's Avatar
    All of us need to remember the chase for a lefty Military did not happen over night . The same thing could happen if there would be a concentrated choice of a folder over a period of time . Economics is of course a big factor that is a given , that is why a focus of one knife must be a remaining factor . Nothing wrong with having a dream come true and watch it develop into a reality . Regards MG2

I would love to see a lefty in one of the frame lock models. Lefties are the only minority or under-served group of people that have no legal special privileged, and the only claim I have to being a minority or disadvantaged person.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Lockbacks.

Also I really don't think being a lefty makes you a minority any more than having poor eye sight makes me one. We all have to adapt to something in life.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

So many spydies are ambidextrous that I can't see being too disadvantaged if I were left handed. In fact I don't own and handed spydies except a cricket.
    All God's critters have knives.

A lefthanded sage for me please!
    The domino works pretty well for me as a lefty !

I'd love to see a left-handed cricket. I got one a couple years ago and ended up giving it to my sister. I just couldn't get it to open comfortably in my left hand. Every time I see a new catalogue come out I'm always hoping against hope, but no joy yet. Most Spydie knives I want are more-or-less ambidextrous (which is more than I can say of offerings from many other makers), but that cricket is one that really makes me wish I was a righty.

Spyderco Forum Registered User willc's Avatar
    I think a left hand PM2 would be great.
    My LH Millie gets lots of pocket time but my PM2 does not and that is because of the lock.

I like the liner lock better but a LH compression lock would be pretty great.
    LH Millie/ PM2 digi/ Tenacious/ Dragonfly/ Persian2/ Endura Super Blue
    Cruwear Millie/ Manix2 XL/ Manix2/ Swick3/Gayle Bradley/ Delica SB/ Sage3