Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CPM Cru-Wear What do we know so far ?

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Cobra View Post
    Blood seems to do the trick eh?
    Yeah, blood is a powerful corrosion agent. I was wondering how that worked after cooking, though, presuming that he was talking about cooked meat.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    People must eat some interesting mustard for it to need spreading.
    I have had some fu fu mustard come in jars like mayo. Knife (butter or otherwise) required.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawks, D'fly (H1,G-10), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V[2],XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleaf, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Caly (JR's,3,3.5-SB), D3, Para-2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescue, Dyad Jr, Pingo, Southard, AIR, Jess Horn, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II
    Mules> MT05,08,09,12,15,16,17, 18

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DM11 View Post
    Mine has a little patina from cutting a steak. I just wiped the blade off and forgot to wash it from a couple hours. When I remembered to wash the blade I had a nice little patina going on.
    Not on my Cruwear (haven't used it in kitchen yet), but on almost all other carbons I own, blood and red meat changes color the fastest. Potatos, onions, apples, pears, and bananas have also worked. The color of the patina will vary depending on your choice of item being cut.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawks, D'fly (H1,G-10), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V[2],XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleaf, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Caly (JR's,3,3.5-SB), D3, Para-2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescue, Dyad Jr, Pingo, Southard, AIR, Jess Horn, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II
    Mules> MT05,08,09,12,15,16,17, 18

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User DM11's Avatar
    @ JNewell, the meat was cooked.
    Hold Fast

David

Spyderco Forum Registered User nccole's Avatar
    It did very well with drywall. The edge stayed un-rolled, un-chipped, and looked perfect. It was dull (slicing copy paper, but not biting into it well), but took less than a minute to get back to shaving sharp. Still loving it!

Last edited by nccole; 12-07-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User salmonkiller's Avatar
    I wash mine with soap and water after use and then a light coating of Froglube.The knife is good as new and this steel is a winner in my book.I re-profiled from the get go and will experiment with the geometry and grit finish as time passes to find my sweet spot.I would love to see some production knives in Cruwear...

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by salmonkiller View Post
    I wash mine with soap and water after use and then a light coating of Froglube.The knife is good as new and this steel is a winner in my book.I re-profiled from the get go and will experiment with the geometry and grit finish as time passes to find my sweet spot.I would love to see some production knives in Cruwear...
    Do you use the Froglube paste or liquid? (I don't think it matters much.) I just got some Froglube paste and some 10wt Nanno oil and plan to use the former on knives I use at times for food prep. Just testing them both really. I think, if you wash a blade with dish soap before use, there probably not much danger of contaminating food.
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List, new stuff: 4V Mule; Midnight Blue Lt Wt Manix2 S110V sprint; Caly 3.5 new Japanese supersteel sprint, pref in Foliage Green G-10; New Stretch prototype CF slab/ZDP test sprint! (or super blue if any happens to be left over and lying around!); an alternative, 2nd default G-10 regular production color, such as FG, coyote, tan, etc, to be introduced gradually on some knives
    Old stuff: FG Millie D2 & Manix2 CTS-XHP

Spyderco Forum Registered User salmonkiller's Avatar
    I wash after food prep then Froglube with liquid.I have the paste, but prefer the liquid on my blades.When I first acquire a knife I Froglube using a blow dryer.The blow dryer will heat the steel and will allow the Froglube to penetrate the steel(theoretically) and spread into any hard to reach crevices if desired.It's working really well for my blades and other tools and can use my knives for food prep or dressing game without having to wash the knife first.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by salmonkiller View Post
    I wash after food prep then Froglube with liquid.I have the paste, but prefer the liquid on my blades.When I first acquire a knife I Froglube using a blow dryer.The blow dryer will heat the steel and will allow the Froglube to penetrate the steel(theoretically) and spread into any hard to reach crevices if desired.It's working really well for my blades and other tools and can use my knives for food prep or dressing game without having to wash the knife first.
    Sounds like a good procedure. I'm looking forward to testing it against Nano-Oil, but, either way, will probably use the Froglube at least on any I use often for food prep.
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List, new stuff: 4V Mule; Midnight Blue Lt Wt Manix2 S110V sprint; Caly 3.5 new Japanese supersteel sprint, pref in Foliage Green G-10; New Stretch prototype CF slab/ZDP test sprint! (or super blue if any happens to be left over and lying around!); an alternative, 2nd default G-10 regular production color, such as FG, coyote, tan, etc, to be introduced gradually on some knives
    Old stuff: FG Millie D2 & Manix2 CTS-XHP