Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sage 3 Revamp and Some Thoughts

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TehBentai View Post
    On a semi-unlrelated note, I've been eyeballing the Chaparral series and I really wish that the Sage 2 had come with the polished/textured handle of the Chaparral 2 instead of the flat titanium.
    Welcome! The Sage 2 is a tribute to the Chris Reeve integral lock, so a Chaparral-like treatment probably wouldn't fit that idea as well as the Sebenza-like finish it has now.

The Sage 4 is a beautiful piece of functional art, and definitely worth adding to complete a Sage collection.
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Spyderco Forum Registered User RadioactiveSpyder's Avatar
    These are now listed as "Coming Soon" in the New Knives section of the Spyderco website. Hopefully very soon!
    It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioactiveSpyder View Post
    These are now listed as "Coming Soon" in the New Knives section of the Spyderco website. Hopefully very soon!
    That's good to hear! This will complete the Sage series for me, until the Sage 5 is released!

And now this juicy tidbit from the December Spyderco Byte newsletter:

"What does the future hold for the Sage Series? Well, in addition to continuing to recognize the contributions of other designers, based on popular demand we plan to showcase our own lock innovations, including our patented Compression Lock and Ball Bearing Lock. These locks have definitely stood the test of time and earned their rightful place alongside the other notable mechanisms in the series."

A compression lock Sage?!?!? Awesome!
    It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King

Well the Sage series is about to get a whole lot more interesting!

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    And not before time...that's good news.

"What does the future hold for the Sage Series? Well, in addition to continuing to recognize the contributions of other designers, based on popular demand we plan to showcase our own lock innovations, including our patented Compression Lock and Ball Bearing Lock. These locks have definitely stood the test of time and earned their rightful place alongside the other notable mechanisms in the series."

Got that byte today! Which will they release first, compression or ball lock!? They're already having trouble keeping up with Para2's so my bet is a ball lock for now! Very good news for Sage fans indeed!!! I will have to get a 2nd job soon!

Spyderco Forum Registered User wrdwrght's Avatar
    I'd love to see the Sage5 with a compression lock.
    Marc

USUAL CARRY: Air/Techno plus one from Manix/Native/Para/Caly/Stretch series. RECENT ARRIVAL: Cruwear Manix2. ON MY RADAR: CF S110V Native5 (pre-ordered); VG10 Caly 3.5. HOLY GRAILS: Superhawk; Manix (C95 FFG PE); S90V Manix2 (C101 "Mini" or 80mm). DREAMS: Tatanka (the long-awaited Bison!); Sage5.

The Sage line is made in Taichung, so Para 2 production shouldn't have any impact on any new Sage models.

Quote Originally Posted by gbelleh View Post
    The Sage line is made in Taichung, so Para 2 production shouldn't have any impact on any new Sage models.
    Thanks for that! Well then, seeing the popularity, the compression lock will probably be first!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Chris_H's Avatar
    The Taichung manufacturer already has experience with the compression lock but the BBL/CBBL will have to be introduced over there first before production. I think the compression lock has the lead in this case to be put into the Sage design first.
    "All your are belong to us."
    ** WTC # 1032 1533 **

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    In related news:

Quote Originally Posted by RamZar View Post
    A Sage with a Button Lock would be nice. Love it on the William Henry folders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Glesser View Post
    In the plan.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User A-Ro's Avatar
    Is there any info on an ETA for the new Sage 3? I'm going to pull the trigger on one them but, am very tempted to hold off if it's coming soon.

So folks, these no longer say they are "Coming Soon" on the Spyderco website, their purchase link is now ACTIVE (i.e., you can buy them direct from the SFO now)! Any dealers have them yet? Game on!

Yes!

I'm ready to immediately buy 2 BBL Sages.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    Yes!

I'm ready to immediately buy 2 BBL Sages.
    At least 2 more Sages in my future! Glad to see the Sage3 CF coming out soon!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Tdog's Avatar
    Can't speak for others, but my Sage 3 was absolutely the smoothest opening out-of-the-box Spyderco I've purchased....like glass. It doesn't get carried but occasionally handled. The new version would definitely vie for carry time. Wish the Sage 4 was as smooth.

So I also have the complete sage series minus the new sage 3. I have to admit I was bummed and confused to see the sage 3 rereleased. The sage 4 came out 2 years ago? I was really hoping for the 5 to come out. being that I already own the blue sage 3 I hope it will increase in value one day. SAGE 5 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nav195 View Post
    So I also have the complete sage series minus the new sage 3. I have to admit I was bummed and confused to see the sage 3 rereleased. The sage 4 came out 2 years ago? I was really hoping for the 5 to come out. being that I already own the blue sage 3 I hope it will increase in value one day. SAGE 5 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks.
    The new Sage 3CF is really nice, just like the blue. I think someone called it the 3.1! 2014 just started and look at all the new models they've released already! They must be swamped, but they know the Sage Series is very popular!

Spyderco Forum Registered User 1965ford's Avatar
    Just picked up the Sage 3 in blue. Great knife, have to get the others now. I had other knives that I wanted to get first, but once I saw that it might get hard to find over time I had to act.