Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sage 3 Revamp and Some Thoughts

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Janich View Post
    provides a feel similar to a caged Ball Bearing Lock or Axis Lock.
    ...which is a great training asset (though no one needs to point that out to you ).

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Hi Arugess, Derrelw,

Welcome to our forum.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User RadioactiveSpyder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eric m. View Post
    So are you going to get the new sage3 CF?
    Hi Eric, not sure if you were referring to my post just before yours, but I will for sure have the new Sage 3 on the 2014 must-buy list. What a very long list it's becoming, ballooned up quite a bit with the release of the 2014 catalog! Also can't wait to see what the Sage 5 will look like! Cheers, Paul
    It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King

Hi Paul, that would be a definite yes! I have alot of other knives on my list for 2014, but this will be an early 2014 purchase for sure! I love the Sage series along with the Native! If you love one you love the other. I can't see otherwise!

I was wondering what the Sage5 might have... How about a Sage 1 but with a compression lock instead of the liner lock. I think the Sage line could celibrate that, don't you?

I also would like to see a Sage5 compression lock, but I think Sal and Eric are too humble and people would condemn them for honoring themselves! Many unbiased individuals would look at the popularity of their compression lock models and say GO FOR IT!

RadioactiveSpyder, just pulled the trigger on the Sage4 to complete the Sage series so, apart from the knives on pre-order, I'm finished buying in 2013 with Christmas around the corner. My list for 2014 distresses me, an ever-growing list with an ever-shrinking wallet! Priorities and Favorites First!!!

I hear you on that one, I feel very guilty looking at more knives versus looking at presents for the kids! Congrats Eric on completing the series, I still have two (well I guess now three) Sages left on my list. It is really quite remarkable how close the N5 and Sage handles are, save for some minor differences... I have the Sage 2 with me on vacation now as my EDC, it's such a clean design. Sort of a Domino lite. Didn't dare bring my Domino on the plane (checked luggage) for fears that a TSA agent would snag my precious! Ahh, there are just too many favorites! We'll see how you do Eric not buying any more this calendar year, there are still five or so weeks left, and you reading/posting to this forum a lot will not help you resist another one for long! Cheers!
    It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King

Just completed my sage series with the Sage 4 I got in the mail today! What a great knife this is! The fit and finish have to be felt to be appreciated. The titanium bolsters are mated to the Liners and ironwood scales perfectly! Now for the new Sage 3CF and the upcoming Sage 5!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Just completed my sage series with the Sage 4 I got in the mail today! What a great knife this is! The fit and finish have to be felt to be appreciated. The titanium bolsters are mated to the Liners and ironwood scales perfectly! Now for the new Sage 3CF and the upcoming Sage 5!
    congrats! I think this thread needs a picture of your series
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

I don't have a cell phone and haven't got a clue as far as posting pictures on the forum! I just got a computer 4 years ago because my son absolutely needed one for school! Now I have to go back to school to figure these things out, and that is not one of my priorities right now!

I also would like to see a Sage5 compression lock, but I think Sal and Eric are too humble and people would condemn them for honoring themselves! Many unbiased individuals would look at the popularity of their compression lock models and say GO FOR IT!
    The CBBL and the Compression Lock are my favorite locks on any folder (and I own way too many folders at this point).

I'd definitely buy a Sage with a compression lock, but a CBBL sage would be a dream knife for me.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Revival's Avatar
    The new Sage 3 was definitely the knife that caught my eye in the new catalog. It looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    congrats! I think this thread needs a picture of your series
    +1, let's go Eric, pony up those pics! Which one do you prefer, if any, over the others and why?

Radioactivespyder, I would love to post pics of them all, but like I said, I don't have a clue#1, and I don't have a cellphone #2! Maybe when my stepson is over the house I will ask him to explain it, and use his cellphone! I really don't prefer any of them over each other. I love all of them for their own individual characteristics! That's why I think the Sage Series is so fantastic! It's an amazing idea by Spyderco!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Syncharmony's Avatar
    I was watching some videos the other day and saw the "Bolster Lock". Could this be a potential lock design for a Sage series? It's pretty similar to a frame lock, not sure if it's too similar, but I saw some Southard customs with it and it looks pretty cool. A button lock could be cool too.

Could the sage 5 have the new lock that was announced in the catalog. It's name is slipping my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by swigert View Post
    Could the sage 5 have the new lock that was announced in the catalog. It's name is slipping my mind.
    Power-lock.

I doubt it will be in the Sage 5, for the same reasons we likely won't see a compression lock Sage anytime soon...

Hey guys! New member here! I have the Sages 1, 2, and 3. I'm considering getting the 4, but honestly, I hate lockbacks, and I don't really like wood, but just for the sake of completing the collection. The Sage 1 is my favorite in the looks department, but the 3 is my favorite to use. The bolt action lock on mine has been really smooth since the day I got it. It is a bit stiffer than the Axis lock on my Griptilian, but I'm fine with that. And do agree with what some people are saying, the studs are a bit small, but I have pretty small hands so it works fine for me, but some more surface area to work with would be great. I've already preordered the Sage 3 on knifecenter and I can't wait until it's released!

On a semi-unlrelated note, I've been eyeballing the Chaparral series and I really wish that the Sage 2 had come with the polished/textured handle of the Chaparral 2 instead of the flat titanium.

TehBentai, I did the same thing, saving the Sage 4 for last! I ordered it to complete the sage collection because I absolutely love Sages! I got my Sage 4 2 weeks ago, and when I got it in hand I asked myself why I waited so long? The fit and finish on the knife is absolutely excellent and the desert ironwood scales are very pleasing! I don't think you will regret buying it!