Thread: Another PM fake

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Another PM fake

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171171082262...84.m1423.l2649

How do sellers like this have 100% feedback!?

No where does it say that the knife is a paramilitary, and he even says the thing is made in China. Even admits the steel is different? Still shady, but..

Spyderco Forum Registered User M80's Avatar
    THESE ARE MADE IN CHINA. THESE KNIVES ARE NOT COUNTERFEIT. I CONTACTED SPYDERCO BEFORE I PURCHASED THESE. 1-800-828-1925 SPYDERCO IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.
    Last time i checked they were Made in Golden, Colorado U.S.A.

Spyderco Forum Registered User rycen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M80 View Post
    THESE ARE MADE IN CHINA. THESE KNIVES ARE NOT COUNTERFEIT. I CONTACTED SPYDERCO BEFORE I PURCHASED THESE. 1-800-828-1925 SPYDERCO IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.
    Last time i checked they were Made in Golden, Colorado U.S.A.
    What?

I see now you were referencing the auction description.
    We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    Well, either they're fake, or Spyderco has found a maker in China capable of working with VG-10, decided to have them make what appears to be a liner lock version of the PM2, and not bothered to announce it. They've surprised me before, but if I was a betting man, my money would still be on FAKE, despite what the seller says.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Just because the person does not call the knife "Spyderco" or "paramilitary" does not mean the knife is not fake. It is a fake Spyderco knife. Spyderco holds patents on who knows how many pieces and parts etc on the knife. The person has copied their design and is either passing it off as made by Spyderco or not... Either instance is a case of counterfeit.

I think you're deceiving yourself if you think otherwise...especially if it's only because the seller has omitted certain words from the posting.

-Zach

We're not surprising anyone. Those are indeed counterfeit. I can honestly say that no one here would tell anyone anything to the contrary. I just answered an e-mail about this auction this morning.
    There is nothing more important than this one day.

That email was from me and I also reported it to ebay and it looks like they removed the item