Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Challenge

Spyderco Forum Registered User Knivesinedc's Avatar

Challenge

The challenge is to only carry a blade that Cost $30 or under for a week starting friday You may think it's stupid or cool, I don't know. If you wanna do it say "I'm in" and posts your comments about it too
    Our Freedom, you want it, Come and take it.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Does said blade have to be a Spydie?
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User M80's Avatar
    Only Spydies ?

Spyderco Forum Registered User DRKBC's Avatar
    The problem is I would need to own a knife that cost less than $30

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by DRKBC View Post
    This is my problem too. I can't think of any knives I have under $30 unless you count a CRKT M21 that I found (does this count? It was free to me! but retails for over $30) or my Vagabond. I can't see the Vagabond being a good EDC though. Or maybe this is a good opportunity to buy a new knife! Regardless, I'll try this out somehow! Might have to carry my cheapest knife which is my Spyderco Cat

Spyderco Forum Registered User Clip's Avatar
    Can we just add an extra zero to that number?
    Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly3, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, M390 Para2, Cruwear MT12, Techno, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, Manix2 Ltwt, Salt I, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Forum Native5, Squeak, Manix 83mm, 440V Military, Gayle Bradley, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, Cruwear Military, VG10 Jester, Terzuola SlipIt, XHP Native Ltwt, Domino, CPM154/S90V Para2, SB Stretch, D2 Para, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris

Spyderco Forum Registered User 78lilred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DRKBC View Post
    Ditto.
    M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.

I am left with one of my "Old Timer" or "Imperial" slipjoints. I could go back through my junk drawers and find a lesser brand..... but why is the question...... WHY?
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User Syncharmony's Avatar
    Other than the Bugs, are there even Spydercos under $30? I think a better idea for the challenge is just to pick your least expensive knife and carry that for the week. That way it scales automatically to people's collections.

I've been carrying this in my pocket for the last 2 weeks. I got it in trade with a few other things but I think these Beckers go for $10-12.

Spyderco Forum Registered User kbuzbee's Avatar
    My Opinel would count but I refuse to stop carrying my Balance. Sorry brother

Ken
    玉鋼

Spyderco Forum Registered User ginsuwarrior's Avatar
    A Mora would do nicely, BUT...I can't stop touching my Paramilitary 2!!!!
    Military // PM 2 // Endura // Delica // Stretch // SE Tasman // SE Hawkbill Ladybug

Spyderco Forum Registered User IG-88's Avatar
    I carry everyday a SAK compact, no challenge here
    Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE

Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    This is my problem too. I can't think of any knives I have under $30 unless you count a CRKT M21 that I found (does this count? It was free to me! but retails for over $30) or my Vagabond. I can't see the Vagabond being a good EDC though. Or maybe this is a good opportunity to buy a new knife! Regardless, I'll try this out somehow! Might have to carry my cheapest knife which is my Spyderco Cat
    You can carry your M21
    The blade you choose can be any brand, but it has to be 30 or under and if you dont have a knife $30 or under you could do your least expensive blade.
    I chose to carry my CRKT Drifter ss
    Last edited by Knivesinedc; 11-08-2013 at 11:30 AM.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"

Spyderco Forum Registered User Monocrom's Avatar
    Easy one for me.

Kabar/Dozier folding Hunter ~or~ Gerber medium Paraframe folder.

Not Spydies. But this is the Off-Topic sub-forum. Either would get the job done.

Also, a nice Byrd model could as well.
    "The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

-John Cleese-

Whoever decided to do the challenge can post here at the end of the week (next Friday) and tell about your time with your cheaper blades. Just post your short (or long) story on your week and the blade you carried.
    Last edited by Knivesinedc; 11-08-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knivesinedc View Post
    Whoever decided to do the challenge can post here at the end of the week (next Friday) and tell about your time with your cheaper blades.
    Challenge accepted.
    My 's:

*Landon*

Challenge accepted, Kiwi deployed....
    Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
    Transcend the illusion.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Kweb's Avatar
    Im in. Kershaw skyline or D-fly????
    My 's : Sage 1, Native 4, Cricket, Dragonfly 2, Tenacious, Persistence Blue, Jason Breeden Rescue, Cat, Delica 4 Grey FFG, Renegade, CF Dodo, Orange Endura 4 FFG, Lum Chinese Folder

Spyderco Forum Registered User M80's Avatar
    Ontario rat 1