Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What was your first Spyderco

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    My first two Spydies were identical Snap Its bought at REI when I was in college around 1990 or 1991.

I took a 20 year break after that, and when I lost my cheap CRKT knife I bought a cheap Spyderco Tenacious to replace it. And now a year later I've got waaaay to many Spydies...

My first one was a Native Lightweight followed by a Delica all stainless both plain edge

My first a ser. 440 v millitary

Spyderco Forum Registered User jeru's Avatar
    A C36GPE S30V Spyderco Military. This was also my first one-hand opening folder and only my second knife (after a Victorinox Waiter) that I bought as an adult. It started my knife sickness. Unfortunately though no other knife bought after that could ever please me as much as a Millie, nor kick it out of my right back pocket. Sold most of my folders because of that.

Spyderco Forum Registered User salmonkiller's Avatar
    Delica 3

A Centofante 3
    Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Sully's Avatar
    Delica4. When I decided to send it in for sharpening.....well, my entire verbose story is in my "Thanks to YOU:....." post. This thread is fun reading/viewing, especially for someone just really starting out.
    “Damned infernal gizmo. My kingdom for a left-handed can opener!”
    Mr. Burns, The Simpsons
    Other Lefties: Da Vinci, Einstein, Franklin, Newton, Aristotle, Hendrix, Gates, 'The Babe,' 'The Great One' ... Mrs. Gail Glesser?!

Received my first Spyderco last week. Paramilitary 2, black/black!

The pivot is starting to break in nicely.
    Spent 4 days sharpening and polishing. I planned to do a 32 degree inclusive edge but accidentally did 38. Glad I made the mistake. It's razor sharp at 38 and likely quite a bit more durable than had I done 30 or 32.

Liking the para 2 more every time I pick it up.

Cut Test Video
    Click here

Spyderco Forum Registered User Cameron's Avatar
    My first was one of their knives that had a Spyder's web cut into the blade I have no recollection of how I got it or where it went...

Then I got:
    Endura stainless
    Yojimbo blue
    Ronin (present for father-in-law)
    Dodo blue (for wife)
    Yojimbo black (present for brother)
    Native lightweight (present for employee)
    Manix 2
    Yojimbo 2 (present for brother)
    Manix 2 XL (present for brother)
    Manix 2 XL DLC
    Native lightweight pink (for wife)
    Yojimbo 2

In the next two days I have arriving:
    Manix 2 XHP Sprint
    Manix 2 DLC FFG
    Manix 2 lightweight blue
    Para-military 2
    Assist
    Temperance 2

So I more than doubled my Spyders in two weeks....
    Assist VG-10 Dodo CPM S30V Endura4 VG-10 Manix2 CTS-XHP, CPM-Cruwear, CPM-M4, CPM-S110V, CPM-S30V, CTS-BD1, 154CM Manix2 XL CPM-S30V
    Native CPM-S30V Para-Military2 CTS-204P, CPM-S30V Sage3 CPM-S30V Tasman Salt H1 Temperance2 VG-10 Yojimbo CPM-S30V Yojimbo2 CPM-S30V

Spyderco Forum Registered User jabba359's Avatar
    My first was the Q. Bought it in 1997. It "disappeared" one day in '99 but I finally reacquired one a few years back.

-Kyle

On the Fence: Tuff, Techno
    Latest arrivals: MT19 PSF27 Mule, Des Horn, Dialex Junior

Black G 10 rookie with ats 55 steel.

My first spyderco ever was a yellow h1 ladybug that I lost withina month :/. After that I purchased a tenacious and the USn Catcherman. I still own the Catcherman.

~~~~ USn Catcherman ~~~~ Tasman Se ~~~~ Centofante 3 ~~~~ UKPK blue SE ~~~~ Goddard OD Sprint Pe ~~~~ Ambitious Pe blue~~~~ Zdp Ladybug ~~~~ Manix 2 lwt Pe ~~~~ Delica orange Pe ~~~~ Swick 3 fb ~~~~ Native brown xhp ~~~~ Persian 2 ~~~~ Tenacious green ps ~~~~ Drangonfly Sb ~~~~

Spyderco Forum Registered User JBE's Avatar
    My first was a SE Delica with an integral clip and an AUS-8 blade that I bought around '95-'96.
    Jason

Spyderco Forum Registered User tlo14290's Avatar
    Manix 2 XL last December, liked it so much I got the new FFG Manix 2 a few weeks later, then a purple Ladybug for my wife and a G10 Dragonfly for me, then a Centofante 3 and one of the new Spyderedge kitchen knives, then a purple Delica for her and a pm2 for me. Just ordered a super blue Delica.

My, it's only March! Have I been bitten by the Spyder Bug? (There was a Robin 2 in there somewhere).

Oh, yeah. Got a sharpmaker pretty quick, too. Also the diamond and uf rods. Got used to it real quick, and now have razor sharp knives everywhere.

Sure do like that PM2...

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Mastiff's Avatar
    1992 Endura lightweight serrated than PE. Still have the SE one and it's bearing surfaces are broken in like smooth glass.The FRN clip is loose but still there. The knife has many more years of life. Next was a Black bladed Delica about a year later.
    "A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"

Spyderco Forum Registered User Ookami's Avatar
    A full flat-ground G-10 Police in plain edge.

Ookami
    "Heavy is reliable." Boris the Blade

Spyderco Forum Registered User polyhexamethyl's Avatar
    a manix2 in 2008
    aogami super blue dragonfly!

Spyderco Forum Registered User demoncase's Avatar
    A good 12 years ago my first Spydie was actually 2 Delicas with the steel clip bought from a close-out deal from Sportsman's Gun Centre. They were £15 each, so I bought a part serrated and a PE VG10/FRN, in case the serrations sucked.

How wrong I was. Still both in the collection, and that part serrated Delica has been to hell and back a pile of times. Still locks up solid too.

After that, things kind of got away from me....
    Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Recently, Delica4. Knife has been my EDC ever since. Just ordered a Manix2 black blade as well.

My first was a C90CFPE Stretch CF ZDP-189 (almost sold, but glad I didn't.) Then a C90PBLE ZDP (later sold), followed by a Smurf blue C101GPBL2 Manix 2 (sold that one too)