Thread: PM2-Amazon Reputible Seller Confirmation

Spyderco Forum Registered User

PM2-Amazon Reputible Seller Confirmation

This is my first post. Also a newcomer to the world of EDC folding knife carry.

My first purchase a few months ago was the Persistance.

On Thanksgiving Day, I noticed the satin/black PM2 was available from a seller named "The Perfect Aim Sports". So I quickly pulled the trigger. I've yet to recieve a shipping confirmation, but I understand this is also a holiday weekend.

Can anyone confirm that this is a reputable seller and that it's highly unlikely that ill recieve a fake knife?

Did you check the reviews at Amazon? How many people have reviewed this seller and what was their overall rating? I try to stay away from sellers without thousands of people rating them as favorable (90+ rating).

-remnar

Spyderco Forum Registered User jabba359's Avatar
    They've averaged 92% positive ratings (from over 1300 reviews) over the last 12 months. Seems like a lot of the recent complaints have been about shipping times, but a few about wrong items and canceled orders. I'd guess that if you ordered Thanksgiving Day, then it's understandable that there is a delay in shipping confirmation. Besides the holiday, it's now the weekend, so I wouldn't worry too much if you don't hear from them for a few more days.

Good luck on the Para2 and welcome to the forum!
    -Kyle

On the Fence: Tuff, Techno
    Latest arrivals: Des Horn, Dialex Junior, Super Blue Manbug

Thanks fellas! I noticed most complaints were focused on shipping and/or separating items into different shipments. Those things don't bother me too badly. I supposed I just let myself get paranoid with the possibility of getting a fake. Probably unlikely but these are so hard to locate and purchase.

If you receive it and have any doubts, post up some pictures here and we'll do our best to help you determine if it's fake. Amazon has your back if there's issues.
    -Kyle

You're too kind. I'll definitely do that as soon as it arrives. Likely in this same thread.

Thanks again!

I placed an order from this outfit on some knives that were priced too good to be true. After several days of no shipping confirmation, I emailed to inquire about the status. They replied that the price was in error and subsequently cancelled my order (money never exchanged hands since Amazon only transfers on shipping). I somewhat expected this due to the excellent prices. It all ended fine, in my opinion, since I never expected to get the knives at that price and I didn't lose my money. It still would have been nice if they had honored the price or contacted me on their own. YMMV.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Officer Gigglez's Avatar
    Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.
    I have used Amazon for a long time, and I have yet to receive anything that is fake, even when ordering from private sellers. Amazon has a reputation to keep and they won't allow any fools to smear it. And even if you do get something fake or it isn't what you ordered, then inform Amazon and they'll refund you and investigate the seller. They have the best customer service I have ever dealt with.
    Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
    -Tenacious G-10, Combo edge
    -Tasman Salt, PE
    -Persistence Limited Edition Blue G-10, PE
    -Pacific Salt, Black, PE
    -Delica 4, Grey FRN, Emerson Wave, PE
    -Karahawk collector's club #015, Custom Scales, Emerson Wave, PE
    -DiAlex Junior, G10, PE
    -Byrd SS Crossbill, PE, Custom Engraved

Capt'n Boatsalot,

Looks like I just had a similar experience with this particular seller. I made contact with the seller this morning only to get a "sorry, no longer in stock. The posting was made by inventory mistake" response. I have cancelled my order with hopes that the matter will be cleared up ASAP.

Since I have found a somewhat local seller (about 1.5 hrs drive) from me willing to ship the very same PM2 knife. He has 3 of the four styles available online. I'll make another forum post sharing his web address. I like to keep things clean and simple so I purchased the satin/black version. Should be at my doorstep tomorrow if all goes well.

Looks like my $84 G-10 Khalsa shipped today (from the same seller), so I'll keep you posted on how it turns out. I thought my order would surely get canceled at that price, but it looks like it went through!
    -Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by jabba359 View Post
    Looks like my $84 G-10 Khalsa shipped today (from the same seller), so I'll keep you posted on how it turns out. I thought my order would surely get canceled at that price, but it looks like it went through!
    My "G-10 Khalsa" ended up being an FRN Native. So it's getting returned of course.
    -Kyle

Sounds like this seller has a tremendously hard time keeping their inventory up to date. Very unfortunate. Hopefully everyone gets full refunds without any fuss or the orders are cancelled outright.

I'm expecting my $84 Khalsa from this seller, tomorrow. Assuming I will get an FRN Native. Hope the seller makes good on fixing!

A buddy of mine recently purchased a benchmade from this seller. He wound up getting a Spyderco Native shipped to him by mistake. This seller needs to get stuff together.

Received my $84 Jot Sing Khalsa today, and.....it was an FRN Native. Knew it was too good to be true!

It is complete nonsense for a seller to continually make mistakes such as shipping the WRONG items. Glad I cancelled before shipment. Jeez.

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    I wonder what you'd get if you actually ordered an FRN Native from this seller?
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat