Thread: Ronin 2

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Ronin 2

Mike/Sal - how about another Ronin? Maybe a fixed blade version of the Yo2 ?
    Anyone else want one?

64 views and no takers. That does not make it seem very marketable to Sal and Co
    Just think how handy a small fixed blade wharncliffe would be! And if it was made in a premium steel with top-of-the-line edge retention (I'm voting for S90V) think what an awesome cutting tool it will be!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    It would be cool. I guess I'm just used to folders. I'd probably buy the Ronin 2
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!!, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Lava, Para-Military 2 CPM-S35VN, Domino CTS-204P, Bob Lum Tanto Folder Black on Black, Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 204P
    Grail: A.T.R.

Hi Dogrunner,

We're working on one.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User billy blade's Avatar
    I was able to pick up a used Ronin about a year ago. I carry it and use it quite a bit. I like Wharncliffe blades for certain tasks and the size of the Ronin suits me well. I would be in for a Yo 2 inspired fixed blade.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    Hi Dogrunner,

We're working on one.

sal
    Very cool
    Blake

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    not my cup of tea, but great news none the less!
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Manix 2 LW, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    Hang on dogrunner--I'm definitely interested. I've always admired the original Ronin's, but never had the opportunity to see one in person. A second run Ronin is a great idea. Any clue what steel would be used? (I'd suspect VG-10, if made in Seki).
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Hi Dogrunner,

We're working on one.

sal
    That is great news! I still regret not picking up the first edition. I really like the changes from the yojimbo to the yo2 and I'm sure whatever you do with the Ronin (keep it the same, make it more like a fixed blade Yo2, something else) it will be a must-have. I won't even ask when we might see one (plenty of other spydies to work with), but sooner would be better than later and I was serious about the upgraded steel too - I like both the upgraded PM2s I have (S90V and M390).

please be flat ground. please be flat ground

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3Speedyfish3's Avatar
    I would definitely buy a Ronin 2. I love my Yo and Yo 2's. More, please, Sal. Can I see a proto at SHOT?

Randall

This sounds excellent however it's made. I'm in.

-Zach

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    We're working on one.

sal
    It is a good news. I like the original. The knife was discontinued, when I just got into Spydercos. It was to early in my spydernut carrier to appreciate it. Hopefully Ronin 2 will be Golden made. I do not think that I need any exotic steel on this one. S30V will be fine for intended use.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

Administrator
    Thank you all for your interest in a Ronin2. After the Yo2 was released, my friend Mickey Yurco made me a fixed-blade version of it that absolutely rocks. Sal and Eric liked it and added one to their prototype/concept model display to gauge interest from folks at shows. The feedback has been good, so it looks promising.

With Spyderco's permission, Mickey has also been making a limited number of "old school' Ronins with his improved handle design, which uses shorter scales and a slightly more pronounced finger groove/guard that serves as the sheath lock point. These are very slick and are available through Stay Safe Media.

Stay safe,

Mike
    Michael Janich
    Spyderco Special Projects Coordinator
    Founder and Lead Instructor, Martial Blade Concepts

Hi Dogrunner,

We're working on one.

sal
    SWEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for yelling
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Janich View Post
    Thank you all for your interest in a Ronin2. After the Yo2 was released, my friend Mickey Yurco made me a fixed-blade version of it that absolutely rocks. Sal and Eric liked it and added one to their prototype/concept model display to gauge interest from folks at shows. The feedback has been good, so it looks promising.

Mike
    Thanks for the info Mike. I am excited to hear you have something in the works. Either another Ronin or a fb version of the Yo2 would be great news!