Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Curious What Fellow Spydie Fans Have Tastes In Guns/ Carry

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I'm with you on that Jason. I had owned several snubbies over the years and could never hit the broad side of a barn with one. The first time I picked up a Glock which was a model 19 that I bought from my Son I was amazed. I now own a 17, 19 and 26 and all are extremely accurate

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Has anyone handled a G41 yet? I like the idea of the thinner frame and closed top slide. Waiting for my local shop to get one so I can handle it.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

No I haven't but I would like to because it sounds like the perfect concealed carry pistol. I wouldn't be surprised either if Glock didn't have a single stack 9mm in the works.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RanCoWeAla View Post
    No I haven't but I would like to because it sounds like the perfect concealed carry pistol. I wouldn't be surprised either if Glock didn't have a single stack 9mm in the works.
    I mean the 41 (long slide 45ACP) not the 42 (380 concealed)
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

New stock on my AR to keep my rifle compliant with recent local law changes, it was either this or reclassify the gun, upgrade my security, and not use it for hunting. Under the new law, free standing pistol grips were added to the list of parts that are restricted, some local manufacturers have come up with some nice solutions, joining the grip to the stock technically a "thumb hole" stock while not looking like balls, this one from servo industries. Made of alloy, overall its lighter than my magpul furniture, partly from the integration of the buffer tube into the stock itself, that's just a foam sleeve on the tube. The irony is I now have an A2 style grip, which previously were the only pattern of PG restricted.

Spyderco Forum Registered User eitenbuffalo34's Avatar
    Just got out and shot my new M1. Best. Rifle. Ever.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Psi of Phi Kappa Tau. Hoorah Phi Tau. Psi or Die.

's: Paramilitary 2 Satin Camo, Caly 3.5 Carbon Fiber, Translucent Blue Manix, Pacific Salt SE, Tenacious, and Paramilitary 2 M390 Blue

's Awaiting: Gayle Bradley, Native 4, Military, Endura, Delica

Spyderco Forum Registered User Officer Gigglez's Avatar
    Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.
    Quote Originally Posted by w3tnz View Post
    New stock on my AR to keep my rifle compliant with recent local law changes, it was either this or reclassify the gun, upgrade my security, and not use it for hunting. Under the new law, free standing pistol grips were added to the list of parts that are restricted, some local manufacturers have come up with some nice solutions, joining the grip to the stock technically a "thumb hole" stock while not looking like balls, this one from servo industries. Made of alloy, overall its lighter than my magpul furniture, partly from the integration of the buffer tube into the stock itself, that's just a foam sleeve on the tube. The irony is I now have an A2 style grip, which previously were the only pattern of PG restricted.

I actually kind of like that stock.
    Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
    -Tenacious G-10, Combo edge
    -Tasman Salt, PE
    -Persistence Limited Edition Blue G-10, PE
    -Pacific Salt, Black, PE
    -Delica 4, Grey FRN, Emerson Wave, PE
    -Karahawk collector's club #015, Custom Scales, Emerson Wave, PE
    -DiAlex Junior, G10, PE
    -Byrd SS Crossbill, PE, Custom Engraved

Do any of you have some cool sporterized mosin nagants?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

's: Paramilitary 2 Satin Camo, Caly 3.5 Carbon Fiber, Translucent Blue Manix, Pacific Salt SE, Tenacious, and Paramilitary 2 M390 Blue

Quote Originally Posted by eitenbuffalo34 View Post
    Do any of you have some cool sporterized mosin nagants?

I do. It isn't all tacticooled out, it is just wearing a synthetic stock that has been Cerakoted, a bipod, a sling, and a scope.
    -Tasman Salt, PE
    -Pacific Salt, Black, PE
    -DiAlex Junior, G10, PE

-Tasman Salt, PE
    -Pacific Salt, Black, PE
    -DiAlex Junior, G10, PE

WOW! I am extremely jealous I want an M1A next, its such a beautiful gun! What kind is that, I have never seen one with that large screw on the side below the bolt???

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Gigglez View Post
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by w3tnz View Post

This is just awesome. Good for you man, keep fighting the good fight.
    Which state?
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!! X 2, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 2
    Grail: A.T.R.

Spyderco Forum Registered User i am travvy's Avatar
    not gonna lie, i kinda dig the stock on that AR

my carry piece, m&p shield 40

top right was my lc9, sold it to a friend. top to bottom, rem 870 express compact in 20 ga, marlin .22, and marlin 336 30-30

rem 770 in 30-06. i free floated the barrel, put a metal swivel stud on the front for the bi pod, polished the bolt, and epoxied some fishing weights into the stock to make it heavier. oh yeah, painted it OD green

Current EDC is a Glock 30S in a FIST Hybrid IWB holster. My Sunday going to church IWB is a Kahr PM9, and when I am out on my property with my dogs, it is a Glock 20 in a Serpa OWB holster. Have a number of others, but those are the main three currently...
    NRA Lifetime Member
    NRA Certified Instructor - Basic Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection In The Home
    GOA Lifetime Member
    Knife Rights Charter Member

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    I'm Canadian which means we can't carry guns. It doesn't mean we can't take em to the range for some fun every once in a while.

Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!! X 2, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 2
    Grail: A.T.R.

Quote Originally Posted by eitenbuffalo34 View Post
    WOW! I am extremely jealous I want an M1A next, its such a beautiful gun! What kind is that, I have never seen one with that large screw on the side below the bolt???
    I wish it was an M1A. That is a pre 2005 Ruger Mini 14, ranch rifle. great rifle, so long as you don't expect long range accuracy or expose it to the elements too bad, like dropping it in mud.
    -Tasman Salt, PE
    -Pacific Salt, Black, PE
    -DiAlex Junior, G10, PE

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Cobra View Post
    I'm Canadian which means we can't carry guns. It doesn't mean we can't take em to the range for some fun every once in a while.

Nothing quite like the good ol' Beretta 90 series.
    -Tasman Salt, PE
    -Pacific Salt, Black, PE
    -DiAlex Junior, G10, PE

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JBE View Post
    I used to carry a snubbie...a little 2-1/2" 5-shot .38 Special until I decided that I'd be better served by something that was about the same size, just as reliable and held 5 extra rounds (Glock 26)
    Different strokes for different folks. I've never handled a "double stack" auto that felt "right" in my hand and I'd rather know that, in the admittedly unlikely event of a misfire, all I need do is pull the trigger again than to be ready for what I see as the equally unlikely need for more than 5 shots.

Quote Originally Posted by RanCoWeAla View Post
    I'm with you on that Jason. I had owned several snubbies over the years and could never hit the broad side of a barn with one. The first time I picked up a Glock which was a model 19 that I bought from my Son I was amazed. I now own a 17, 19 and 26 and all are extremely accurate
    Glad you found something that works for you. I'll agree that snubbies aren't tack drivers, but "back in the day", when I was scoring 260-270 consistently on the NRA Short Course with my 6" Officers Model Match, I shot a 228 on it with the Detective Special. Not terribly impressive, but not too shabby either. Today, I can consistently draw, point, shoot, and hit a 5" circle at 5 yards with my snubbies. Again, nothing to write home about, but I'm satisfied.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

My Dad always carried a snub nose Colt .38 Special Cobra six gun. He never warmed up to semi-autos. That said, things have changed quite a bit, and while I love my Glock 23, I sure wish still had my Dad's too.

Spyderco Forum Registered User kbuzbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deacon View Post
    Today, I can consistently draw, point, shoot, and hit a 5" circle at 5 yards with my snubbies.
    Well, there's snubbies, and then there's snubbies

Ken
    玉鋼