Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Curious What Fellow Spydie Fans Have Tastes In Guns/ Carry

Hybrid View

Spyderco Forum Registered User eitenbuffalo34's Avatar

Smile Curious What Fellow Spydie Fans Have Tastes In Guns/ Carry

I along with I could only imagine a fair amount of you am an avid shooter. I have recently gotten into pistols and carrying and was curious to see what you guys fancy I grew up on shotgun, Remingtons are what I love and know and when it comes to rifle I have a love for the M1 Garand and its variants. What do you all love to shoot/ carry? (Pictures welcome!!!)
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Psi of Phi Kappa Tau. Hoorah Phi Tau. Psi or Die.

's: Paramilitary 2 Satin Camo, Caly 3.5 Carbon Fiber, Translucent Blue Manix, Pacific Salt SE, Tenacious, and Paramilitary 2 M390 Blue

's Awaiting: Gayle Bradley, Native 4, Military, Endura, Delica

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I like the Glocks and have owned every kind of pistol worth owning. I have a Glock 17 in bed with me every night, a Glock 19 for the car and a Glock 26 for pocket when there's no time for a holster. Just drop the 26 in your pocket with you shirt on the outside and it disappears.

Please stop doing that with a G26 RanCoWeAla, for yours and everyone else's safety. Glocks require a holster to prevent accidental discharge. Just my $.02

Gunslinger, you are going to love the 357 Sig conversion barrel for your Glock 23! Start picking up ammo for it now because the price is ridiculous, that's if you can find it!!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Officer Gigglez's Avatar
    Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.
    Quote Originally Posted by RanCoWeAla View Post
    I like the Glocks and have owned every kind of pistol worth owning. I have a Glock 17 in bed with me every night, a Glock 19 for the car and a Glock 26 for pocket when there's no time for a holster. Just drop the 26 in your pocket with you shirt on the outside and it disappears.
    "Owned every pistol worth owning"
    Doubt it.
    Last edited by Officer Gigglez; 02-15-2014 at 07:05 PM.
    Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
    -Tenacious G-10, Combo edge
    -Tasman Salt, PE
    -Persistence Limited Edition Blue G-10, PE
    -Pacific Salt, Black, PE
    -Delica 4, Grey FRN, Emerson Wave, PE
    -Karahawk collector's club #015, Custom Scales, Emerson Wave, PE
    -DiAlex Junior, G10, PE
    -Byrd SS Crossbill, PE, Custom Engraved

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Gigglez View Post
    "Owned every pistol worth owning" Doubt it.
    Officer Gigglez just made me giggle with that one.

-remnar

Remington 870, Kel-Tec PF9, and a Ruger 10/22.
    I don't "carry" the Kel-Tec much, but when I do I just clip it inside my waistband. That's right ClipIt!!! No holster needed. I keep it in the car most of the time.
    I don't get to shoot as much as I like anymore. Hard to find time and ammo(for a decent price)....
    Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
    Transcend the illusion.

Spyderco Forum Registered User SIGnificant's Avatar
    SIG, SIG and more SIG. The P229 is my all-time favorite.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Monocrom's Avatar
    Generally when it comes to guns, I prefer time-proven designs.
    "The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

-John Cleese-

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    I don't carry a gun as part of my EDC, or own a pistol, although once I'm done college and build a house it will become a priority (I'll likely buy a Kimber .45, or some kind of .357 revolver). I do have a Model 870 20-gauge with the long barrel option for magpies, and a couple .22's for coyote duty.
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench, SE SuperHawk
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench, Black ZDP Caly Jr.
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User jmh58's Avatar
    S&W MP .40 Compact... Carried Glocks for yrs but this is way more nicer!!! John
    A great rabbit chase ends with a.. BANG!!!

Never too old to relive your youth!!

Life is to short to carry a cheap knife!!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Knivesinedc's Avatar
    If I could Carry and was old enough I would carry a Glock 20 in a Black hawk Serpa holster and have a marlin papoose as a pack rifle, As well as a Smith and Wesson M&P40 at home.
    Our Freedom, you want it, Come and take it.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"

Spyderco Forum Registered User sarguy's Avatar
    I carry an XD-40 that I bought new 11 years ago. Runs like a top.
    "It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
    Officially corrupted by Sequimite
    Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
    My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.

I'm with those of you who like the Remington's. I have an 870 Wingmaster Lightweight in 20 ga. with 20" smoothbore and rifle sights. It shoots slugs like a rifle plus just as good with bird shot and #4 Buckshot. If you could own only one gun that would be the only way to go go.I also have a 552 BDL Deluxe. 22 that shoots shorts, longs and long rifles. I loaded the magazine one time staggered with a sht long and LR all the way and it fired all without a hitch but what was wild each one sounded totally different. I want a model 700 in 7mm08 and one of the 1100 Commemoratives that came out this year in 28 guage.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    I have and carry many guns. Currently my favorites are Ruger, Para-USA (Para-Ordnance), Winchester, S&W, and Kahr. I carry everyday and almost everywhere. If you see me in my yard getting the mail in my gym shorts, I'm carrying. Revolvers are still a weak point in my collection, but I will remedy that soon.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User MadRookie's Avatar
    .38 Special snubby 5 shot - nice & small, powerful.

Spyderco Forum Registered User kbuzbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadRookie View Post
    .38 Special snubby 5 shot - nice & small, powerful.

5 shot myself

.500 it's a little bigger than a .38 (no CCW with it ) but it's a blast to shoot.

Ken
    玉鋼

Spyderco Forum Registered User senorsquare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kbuzbee View Post
    5 shot myself
    Ken
    7 shot here:

686 by senorsquare, on Flickr

Spyderco Forum Registered User tonydahose's Avatar
    i have really gotten into fireamrs lately...hence I haven't been on here as much as I would like. I have a Ruger 1911 which i absolutely love to shoot. Barely any recoil and I am really accurate with it. I asked around and that is the norm i guess. I don't like the fact that you once you chamber a round that the trigger is half cocked. At the range it is fine but not for carry or even having next to your bed at nite....just seems a bit too dangerous to me even with the beaver tail safety....cleaning/disassembly is a bit of a pita too. Are there any models that are like the 1911 w/o having the trigger half cocked when a round is chambered? I also have a M&P shield in a 40, a glock 17, and I just picked up a Ruger 10-22 take down. I also have my oold service pistol a Beretta 92D Centurian which after shooting the other guns I think it is a complete POS. Not worth shooting just because I have to clean it after but it was my first so I am keeping it for sentimental reasons.
    WTC #1444 Always Remember
    Need info on a particular , just click here
    My knives
    Spydie count: a few

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    Back in October, after 2+ years of procrastination, I finally got around to taking the required course and putting in for my CWP. Decided I needed something a bit newer than my 50 year old Detective Special, so I bought this...

It's a S&W Model 637. From what I hear, it takes SC SLED 3-4 months to process a CWP application, so I still have a couple months to go before I can carry it.

Quote Originally Posted by tonydahose View Post
    i have really gotten into fireamrs lately...hence I haven't been on here as much as I would like. I have a Ruger 1911 which i absolutely love to shoot. Barely any recoil and I am really accurate with it. I asked around and that is the norm i guess. I don't like the fact that you once you chamber a round that the trigger is half cocked. At the range it is fine but not for carry or even having next to your bed at nite....just seems a bit too dangerous to me even with the beaver tail safety....cleaning/disassembly is a bit of a pita too. Are there any models that are like the 1911 w/o having the trigger half cocked when a round is chambered? I also have a M&P shield in a 40, a glock 17, and I just picked up a Ruger 10-22 take down. I also have my oold service pistol a Beretta 92D Centurian which after shooting the other guns I think it is a complete POS. Not worth shooting just because I have to clean it after but it was my first so I am keeping it for sentimental reasons.
    Tony, I can't speak for your Ruger, or any of the newer 1911's, but on any that are more than 30 years old releasing the slide leaves it fully cocked regardless of whether you chamber a round or just close the action with the clip out. There is a half-cock notch, but the only way to utilize it requires pulling the trigger. A few folks carried that way, but the normal carry mode for a 1911 was fully cocked and locked. Some folks relied on just the grip safety, some on that plus the side safety, some on one or both plus a holster with a retention strap that would prevent the hammer from hitting the firing pin.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!