Thread: Getting my Meadowlark 2 today

Spyderco Forum Registered User GreatSyxsuke's Avatar

Getting my Meadowlark 2 today

It's going to be a long morning waiting for the Fedex delivery to bring the newest addition to my family: a FRN Meadowlark 2 PE. I am so excited about getting it. My only regret is that I'm afraid I should have bought the G10 version haha.
    Current carry: Spyderco Squeak or Spyderco Pingo (Back right pocket), Paramilitary 2 Black G10 (front right pocket)

Future wants: Karahawk

"It's far better to carry and never need than to not carry and desperately need."

Spyderco Forum Registered User araneae's Avatar
    Well, what are your initial thoughts on your purchase?
    So many knives, so few pockets...
    -Nick
    Light Modding and Wharnifying when time permits

Just got: Superblue D'fly

The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User GreatSyxsuke's Avatar
    I owned a Cara Cara 2 previously and loved it so I knew what to expect. I really love it, it has been in my EDC since Tuesday. I have used it at work to cut tape, zip ties and canvas and it still has a very usable edge.
    My biggest complaint is that the edges of the lock bar weren't filed down very well so they are a bit sharp when depressing the bar. I zip tie modded it and it works great. Definitely recommended to anyone on the fence about buying. If I had friends or family that were into knives, it would make an excellent gift. Sadly, I'm a lonely knife knut.
    Current carry: Spyderco Squeak or Spyderco Pingo (Back right pocket), Paramilitary 2 Black G10 (front right pocket)

Future wants: Karahawk

"It's far better to carry and never need than to not carry and desperately need."