Thread: Spyderco auto warranty service

Spyderco Forum Registered User Popsickle's Avatar

Spyderco auto warranty service

so the autonomy has caught my eye, and autos are legal in my area.... if it ever needed to go in for a service would spyderco work on the knife or do they hold firm to LEO/Fire/EMT or military?

not comparing the companies but I emailed protech about their warranty work on autos stating that they are legal here and they said "if its a protech, we will service it if needed". Really made me feel good that if I did indeed buy an auto that I could send it in if god forbid something broke :P

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    AFAIK, unless you live in California, Protech could have gotten in trouble with the Feds for returning the knife directly to you. Given Spyderco's past issues with ICE, I seriously doubt they would expose themselves to that risk. In fact, I'm fairly certain they won't even send parts for an auto directly to you unless you are in law enforcement or the military. The normal drill for getting a privately owned auto repaired by its manufacturer, assuming that doing so requires the knife to cross state lines, is to have a dealer return it and receive it after it is repaired.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Popsickle View Post
    so the autonomy has caught my eye, and autos are legal in my area.... if it ever needed to go in for a service would spyderco work on the knife or do they hold firm to LEO/Fire/EMT or military?

not comparing the companies but I emailed protech about their warranty work on autos stating that they are legal here and they said "if its a protech, we will service it if needed". Really made me feel good that if I did indeed buy an auto that I could send it in if god forbid something broke :P
    I have often wondered this myself. I have a BM Auto that has been without a tip for years because I couldn't send it in for a blade replacement.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    I have often wondered this myself. I have a BM Auto that has been without a tip for years because I couldn't send it in for a blade replacement.
    Heck, Microtech wouldn't even sell me a spare clip or "glass breaker" clip screw for my Ultratech.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deacon View Post
    Heck, Microtech wouldn't even sell me a spare clip or "glass breaker" clip screw for my Ultratech.
    That is ridiculous. I reground the tip of my 3500 to look like a Graham Razel now. It still cuts and the spring still fires hard. I am kinda glad I sold all my Microtechs. The side folders were the only ones I truly loved anyway. I found the OTFs to be fun, but the joy in use was much less that that of the presentation.

(5K posts mile marker)
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*