Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruwear Military ETA

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddarnut View Post
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

CAUSE THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE TO DO WHILE WAITING FOR THE CRUWEAR MILITARY TO SHIP.

*pant pant pant*

Need soon. Pwease ;/
    Let's hope that they ship before it's cold enough (even in Ontario) to see a chicken cross the road with a capon...
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: 4V Mule; New Stretch prototype CF-slab/ZDP test sprint! (or left over super blue if any happens to be lying around!); Military 2

Ok, seriously, for those of you with experience waiting for a Sprint to come out, what's your best educated guess on the timeframe here? I'm guessing the fact that Sal has been carrying a prototype and tested the hardness is a positive sign, right?

RIGHT??

Spyderco Forum Registered User Popsickle's Avatar
    not sure if this has been reported before. but a certain box shop has it listed as "out of stock". I don't remember seeing this a few days ago

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    The only really reliable early warning is when the CC knives start showing up. In the absence of some kind of word from Spyderco, it's all just guessing.

I'm wondering if the recent floods in CO are having a effect on Spyderco? hope everyone's OK.

I would guess even if it's ready to go they might wait a bit for the two knives (both Sprints) that they just released to hit the street and get some sales going.

That way some of us will have time to at least make an attempt to recharge our wallets with some cash... But I could be wrong.

-Zach

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JNewell View Post
    The only really reliable early warning is when the CC knives start showing up. In the absence of some kind of word from Spyderco, it's all just guessing.
    Refresh my memory... do the CC knives count towards the total batch quantity of sprints and exclusives?
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawks, D'fly (H1,G-10), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V[2],XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleaf, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Caly (JR's,3,3.5-SB), D3, Para-2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescue, Dyad Jr, Pingo, Southard, AIR, Jess Horn, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II
    Mules> MT05,08,09,12,15,16,17, 18

*Landon*

Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    Refresh my memory... do the CC knives count towards the total batch quantity of sprints and exclusives?
    While we're waiting for somebody with first hand information: I think the numbers like 600, 1200, etc, refer to number of knives in the production run, so I've just been assuming that CC's are included. On the other hand, I've seen some forum menbers cite numbers that didn't seem to jive with that and wondered what was going on.
    (sorry if this is "feeling compelled to give an opinion with out any experience in the subject" )
    Want List: 4V Mule; New Stretch prototype CF-slab/ZDP test sprint! (or left over super blue if any happens to be lying around!); Military 2

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    Definitely yes for exclusives. I assume yes for sprints.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DougC-3 View Post
    While we're waiting for somebody with first hand information: I think the numbers like 600, 1200, etc, refer to number of knives in the production run, so I've just been assuming that CC's are included. On the other hand, I've seen some forum menbers cite numbers that didn't seem to jive with that and wondered what was going on.
    (sorry if this is "feeling compelled to give an opinion with out any experience in the subject" )
    No need for an explanation... we all are here to participate, even if it is sometimes just speculation.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawks, D'fly (H1,G-10), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V[2],XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleaf, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Caly (JR's,3,3.5-SB), D3, Para-2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescue, Dyad Jr, Pingo, Southard, AIR, Jess Horn, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II
    Mules> MT05,08,09,12,15,16,17, 18

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User Cheddarnut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Philo Beddoe View Post
    I'm wondering if the recent floods in CO are having a effect on Spyderco? hope everyone's OK.
    True, good to see things in perspective. I get caught up in the game of knife when the game of life takes priority.

*this post was not endorsed by milton bradley
    I collect knives, my knives collect dust.

Spyderco Forum Registered User nccole's Avatar
    Here, http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/list.php?filter=new and Howe's is where the earliest indicators are that I know of.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Senate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JNewell View Post
    Definitely yes for exclusives. I assume yes for sprints.
    every new models get their first 200 numbered and yes they count in the total.
    Alexandre.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Spyderco WTC#1978

If anybody's desperate to spend some of their Cruwear stash, Sierra Trading Post still has 7 Spydercos and a couple of Byrds for 35% off their regular price, if you sign up for their dealflyers and access the site through the flyer they email you. You can also get free shipping if you spend $100 or get their iphone app and access the site through it. (If you do the latter, you have to enter the dealflyer promocode, found at the bottom of the email, at checkout to get the 35% off.)

For example, UKPK titanium, $103.97 (do these scales fit a Caly 3?); Lum Chinese, $90.97; Byrd Wings, Kiwi, ~$20-25, etc.

I ordered a domino to ease the wait. I didn't really want it but had to see it in person.The bearing mechanism and the lock design are features I can throw dollars at.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry - get both View Post
    I ordered a domino to ease the wait. I didn't really want it but had to see it in person.The bearing mechanism and the lock design are features I can throw dollars at.
    Buying while waiting is something I fell into early on. Once I get buy-itis it seems to have to be assuaged, sort of like marriage on the rebound.

Or maybe somebody is putting subliminal suggestions in these forums about buying knives... that would be fine with me, but it would help my home life if they would also put in an occasional message about mowing the grass, cleaning out the gutters, etc

Spyderco Forum Registered User salmonkiller's Avatar
    I am waiting to pull the trigger on this one when I get one in my sights.I can't seem to find any live pre-orders, so I may have to keep scouting.Should be a sweet knife!!

Yeah you and me both...I have been looking for a live pre-order too. Even though I;m a lefty, I love the military...and I love D2 (which cruwear is like so I hear) so I really want one of these.
    On the hunt for...

I wonder what the odds are that it'll have the new type pivot like the one in the blue S90V millie from BBS.

Spyderco Forum Registered User salmonkiller's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathBySnooSnoo View Post
    Yeah you and me both...I have been looking for a live pre-order too. Even though I;m a lefty, I love the military...and I love D2 (which cruwear is like so I hear) so I really want one of these.
    I did see some Lefty Standard Military for sale at a few dealers.I would grab one if you don't already have one as I am pretty sure, but not positive they are disco.I wonder if you could blade swap a LH model from a RH if you chose and wanted?