Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruwear Military ETA

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Mastiff's Avatar
    i thought you may have a zen waiting technique you'd perfected over the years
    I could lie I suppose.

Finn ( the real mastiff) has much more of a Zen thing going on than I do. I'm a cranky old guy yelling at kids to get off my lawn.

Joe
    "A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    Last edited by chuck_roxas45; 08-27-2013 at 04:50 AM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User RadioactiveSpyder's Avatar
    Chuck, your super powers tingling yet? I can see one of these bad boys in the Spyderco warehouse mysteriously aligning itself in your direction, ready to fly off the shelf right through the wall like a bullet, speeding across the world straight into your outstretched hand!
    It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioactiveSpyder View Post
    Chuck, your super powers tingling yet? I can see one of these bad boys in the Spyderco warehouse mysteriously aligning itself in your direction, ready to fly off the shelf right through the wall like a bullet, speeding across the world straight into your outstretched hand!
    Hahaha. I hope the pre order comes through alright.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Maybe you could project an image of a Millie onto the clouds to speed thing up

Edit: On second thought, maybe you could wait until after payday to do that
    Last edited by DougC-3; 08-27-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: 4V Mule; New Stretch prototype CF-slab/ZDP test sprint! (or left over super blue if any happens to be lying around!); Military 2

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mastiff View Post
    I'm a cranky old guy yelling at kids to get off my lawn.
    I'm sure that passes the time a little bit.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

I'm sure that passes the time a little bit.
    In between naps anyway. Then it's the daily "letters to the editor", clip some coupons and off to bed at 7:30 P.M.. 9:00PM on Saturdays. Sunday afternoons it's old Lawrence Welk reruns from the 60's. Ah. Good times!
    "A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

Now I'm thinking that the only actual sprint run knife I've bought (ie, not counting the forum knife) right as it was released was the Endura SB... and the Japan-made knives are released in small, repeated batches... so maybe waiting for dealers to email me is not a very safe strategy for a Golden-made knife, which may be released all at once and snapped up in a cloud of dust.

I'm wondering if most people get on one or more waiting lists and trust to luck to be able to cancel when they snag a knife. If anybody has any trade secrets they care to divulge, I'm all ears OO
    Want List: 4V Mule; New Stretch prototype CF-slab/ZDP test sprint! (or left over super blue if any happens to be lying around!); Military 2

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DougC-3 View Post
    I'm wondering if most people get on one or more waiting lists and trust to luck to be able to cancel when they snag a knife. If anybody has any trade secrets they care to divulge, I'm all ears OO
    I like to get on multiple maioing lists for availability, but the no pre-order way gives me the thrill of the chase. I realize this can bite me big time, but it's a calculated risk.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawks, D'fly (H1,G-10), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V[2],XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleaf, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Caly (JR's,3,3.5-SB), D3, Para-2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescue, Dyad Jr, Pingo, Southard, AIR, Jess Horn, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II
    Mules> MT05,08,09,12,15,16,17, 18

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User Clip's Avatar
    It's all about the hunt.

That being said, I'm tired of hunting and just want some Cruwear. Only wish it was lefty.
    Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly3, ZDP Caly Jr, Super Blue Caly3.5, M390 Para2, Cruwear MT12, Techno, XHP MT16, South Fork, Super Blue Caly3, Manix2 Ltwt, Yojimbo2, Salt I, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Forum Native5, Squeak, Manix 83mm, 440V Military, Gayle Bradley, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, Cruwear Military, VG10 Jester, Terzuola SlipIt, XHP Native Ltwt, Domino, CPM154/S90V Para2, Super Blue Stretch

Chris

I'm looking forward to a CTS-JOE Military.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post

LOL . . . I still think I'm going to refer to mine as Mastiffwear!
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawks, D'fly (H1,G-10), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V[2],XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleaf, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Caly (JR's,3,3.5-SB), D3, Para-2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescue, Dyad Jr, Pingo, Southard, AIR, Jess Horn, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II
    Mules> MT05,08,09,12,15,16,17, 18

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    Shouldn't that be CPM-JOE?
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Cheddarnut's Avatar
    I collect knives, my knives collect dust.

In case you didn't see it in another thread, Sal tested the hardness of the "Mastiffwear" blade he's been carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Glesser View Post
    Mine tested at 61.1

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User FCM415's Avatar
    CPM-Mastiffwear if you want to be technical
    Upcoming: N5 CF/S110v, N5 LWT, DragonFly SB, Marcin Slysz Bowie, Farid Mehr K2, Peter Carey Rubicon, Gayle Bradley Fixed Blade, Phil Wilson Sprig, Mule Team 4V

(Some) Wishes: Native5 CHIEF, Sub 4 inch versions of the Mehr K2 and Carey Rubicon, More M4 and Use CPM-154!

I used to have a picture of my last mastiff, Hunter. Somebody took one of me giving him his after walk treat. It really showed how large these guys mouths are. It looked like one of those great white shark pictures but in dog form. I'm used to them. I give Finn meds three times a day or more by putting the medicine down near his throat. My hand disappears in his mouth and his front teeth are about halfway up to my elbow. If he bit down my hand would end up in his stomach, no exaggeration. Fortunately he is not real inclined to hurt, or eat his family.

That is a cool picture though Cheddarnut. The Mastiff looks like he is smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deacon View Post
    Shouldn't that be CPM-JOE?
    I thought I saw where Joe suggested it would have a CTS prefix. I'm not sure which company is making the steel.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Clip's Avatar
    I thought I saw where Joe suggested it would have a CTS prefix. I'm not sure which company is making the steel.
    Cruwear - Cru = Crucible. Not sure it's a PM steel though, so no CPM.
    Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly3, ZDP Caly Jr, Super Blue Caly3.5, M390 Para2, Cruwear MT12, Techno, XHP MT16, South Fork, Super Blue Caly3, Manix2 Ltwt, Yojimbo2, Salt I, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Forum Native5, Squeak, Manix 83mm, 440V Military, Gayle Bradley, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, Cruwear Military, VG10 Jester, Terzuola SlipIt, XHP Native Ltwt, Domino, CPM154/S90V Para2, Super Blue Stretch

Chris

Spyderco Forum Registered User Ankerson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mastiff View Post
    I used to have a picture of my last mastiff, Hunter. Somebody took one of me giving him his after walk treat. It really showed how large these guys mouths are. It looked like one of those great white shark pictures but in dog form. I'm used to them. I give Finn meds three times a day or more by putting the medicine down near his throat. My hand disappears in his mouth and his front teeth are about halfway up to my elbow. If he bit down my hand would end up in his stomach, no exaggeration. Fortunately he is not real inclined to hurt, or eat his family.

That is a cool picture though Cheddarnut. The Mastiff looks like he is smiling.

Finn is smarter than most people, need to get over there again to see my buddy.