Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruwear Military ETA

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck_roxas45 View Post
    Except for the 1 percenters, I'm.sure there are enough data points from.people who don't get everything they want.
    Yep, I'm sure you're right. So, from my personal observations, the 1%ers among knife collectors on this forum -- people who seem to get all the knives they want (I won't call any names) seem to be pretty engaged and interested... and so do those of us who have to scrabble a bit to get the ones we want. So I'd say the old adage (if we get everything we want, it would be boring) probably doesn't apply to us Spydophiles
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: New Stretch prototype Coyote G-10 slab/ZDP test sprint!

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    Id just beg to disagree. If I could get a cutting edge knife factory(pun?), with the spydercrew designing for me, boredom would not be an issue.
    I always heard that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, but then you catch even more flies with poop

http://sharpthings.net/chat

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45696

I'm sure that's true. I doubt that Sal ever has time to be bored... and I'm sure the Eastern Hemisphere wishes it had your Cutting Edge Knife Factory, but you'll have a tough time Shanghaiing the Spydercrew

Well, it's close to 1:00AM here, so its time to turn in and dream of my Cruwear Millie

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DougC-3 View Post
    I'm sure that's true. I doubt that Sal ever has time to be bored... and I'm sure the Eastern Hemisphere wishes it had your Cutting Edge Knife Factory, but you'll have a tough time Shanghaiing the Spydercrew

Well, it's close to 1:00AM here, so its time to turn in and dream of my Cruwear Millie
    Well, if I could get anything I want?
    I always heard that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, but then you catch even more flies with poop

http://sharpthings.net/chat

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45696

Quote Originally Posted by nccole View Post
    I have a Super Blue Delica in my pocket right now because GP sent me an email notification and I logged in and bought it. It was sold out fast, but I have it so my phone alerts me to emails, so I logged on my phone and bought it within an hour of the notification. I like GP, so what I will do a lot of times is pre-order KC and if I can get it from GP cancel KC.
    I don't see anywhere on this site you can have them notify you by email when it comes in stock, do you? Maybe I'm missing something.

http://www.gpknives.com/spydercomilitarygraysprint.html

Quote Originally Posted by jalcon View Post
    I don't see anywhere on this site you can have them notify you by email when it comes in stock, do you? Maybe I'm missing something.

I just emailed them at the "contact" link to get onto the waiting list. I think they email as many people from the top of the list as they have knives, when they come in.

Spyderco Forum Registered User senorsquare's Avatar

Capture by senorsquare, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by senorsquare View Post

Capture by senorsquare, on Flickr
    Well I emailed them this morning and got this.

"Hello and thank you for contacting us! I have signed you up for the automated e-mail notification on this item which will send you a one-time e-mail when this product becomes available on the website. It appears our webmaster made a few changes to our notification system over the weekend as normally the 'Sign Up to Be Notified' link is found on the product page. I apologize for any inconvenience! Please let us know if you have any further questions we can help with!"

Looks like they fixed it since then.

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    Unless they've changed the rules, eBay allows sellers to sell things they don't actually have, as long as they can fill the order within a specified timeframe. So, this dealer may have 5 Collectors Club accounts, or they may have ordered 5 non-CC ones and received notification that they had shipped/would be shipping on a specific date, or they may just be gambling that they'll get 5 to fill the orders.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Quote Originally Posted by The Deacon View Post
    Unless they've changed the rules, eBay allows sellers to sell things they don't actually have, as long as they can fill the order within a specified timeframe. So, this dealer may have 5 Collectors Club accounts, or they may have ordered 5 non-CC ones and received notification that they had shipped/would be shipping on a specific date, or they may just be gambling that they'll get 5 to fill the orders.
    Interesting. Seems like that price isn't that bad on ebay, considering it will probably be alot more than this time in 2 weeks, no?

Well I emailed them this morning and got this.

"Hello and thank you for contacting us! I have signed you up for the automated e-mail notification on this item which will send you a one-time e-mail when this product becomes available on the website. It appears our webmaster made a few changes to our notification system over the weekend as normally the 'Sign Up to Be Notified' link is found on the product page. I apologize for any inconvenience! Please let us know if you have any further questions we can help with!"

Looks like they fixed it since then.
    Right now, it appears that you get the notification option if you find the Cruwear via their menus, but if you use their search it doesn't turn up. Also, when I first signed up for notifications, I don't think there was any option for preorder. And now, when I go to my account, I don't see any list of things I've signed to be notified about.

https://www.tactical-store.com/ts-9q-kn-89moi.html

You can add to cart...but it is $183.99.

I sold my sprint runs like a dummy. Oh well. I'm stoked for whatever sal puts out in the para series!

https://www.tactical-store.com/ts-9q-kn-89moi.html

You can add to cart...but it is $183.99.
    haha that may be the extra knife from the order I cancelled with them yesterday, after ordering one from Dvor, another Optics Planet store, last Thursday for $127 after $10 discount code (+9.99 S&H)
    When I ordered from Tactical-Store, there was a $5 coupon code (c789xctyweru) to get it down to $178,99,,, wheee !

I ordered the one from T-S as a backup in case I couldn't get a better deal. I figured if I wound up with two, I could easily pass it along to another forum member at cost.

Hi BigWill,

welcome to our forum.

sal

Saw sal was the latest poster in the Cruwear thread....got a little excited.

Just saw this interesting post on the "Cruwear Military Questions" thread in the other forum:

Quote Originally Posted by distorted View Post
    Just received the Cruwear millie I ordered from the Ebay seller last week. Definitely legit and surprisingly not a CC version.

I dont wanna start a thread just to ask a question , so here goes.
    Is there such a thing as a Military deep pocket carry clip ??
    and if so ........ where can I get one or more.?
    Thanks dj
    Steel Snob M-4

Quote Originally Posted by chuck_roxas45 View Post
    Well, if I could get anything I want?
    Quote Originally Posted by DougC-3 View Post
    Just saw this interesting post on the "Cruwear Military Questions" thread in the other forum:
    Yep...posted some pics too. Looks sweet.