Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruwear Military ETA

Spyderco Forum Registered User RadioactiveSpyder's Avatar
    Throwin' up the BladeHQ pics for appropriate drooling purposes:

Somewhat sad to see that they are not using the double pivot screw design of the blue S90V Millie, that's the smoothest opening Military I have by far.
    It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King

Spyderco Forum Registered User senorsquare's Avatar
    I like the gray. Looks like it'll dirty up real nice

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    So is the pivot not adjustable, or does that cap come off?

Spyderco Forum Registered User jabba359's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jalcon View Post
    So is the pivot not adjustable, or does that cap come off?
    The pivot has always been adjustable. Cap doesn't come off, but you adjust from the other side. The double sided one is just a newer pivot design that allows you to tighten it a lot more without binding up the blade.
    -Kyle

On the Fence: Tuff, Techno
    Latest arrivals: Super Blue Delica, G-10 BlackHawk, S110V Mule

I would like to get one but my funds are already stretched
    Something will have to go!

Think anyone else will randomly get these in stock or let you order them like Howes/blade hq did earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Cobra View Post
    That's half the fun.
    Gotta have to agree with this If we got everything we wanted right away it'd get boring. The wait just makes it that much better once you get it!

Spyderco Forum Registered User DRKBC's Avatar
    I have had one on pre-order for months that I probably shouldn't buy but definitely will.

This will go nicely with my m390 millie lol

UGH....neeeed one!!
    Seriously. I think that this is my most wanted Spyderco this year...even more than the forum or CF S110V Native.
    On the hunt for...

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Mastiff's Avatar
    Nice looking Millie. Nothing loud, or too colorful. Really looks great.
    "A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    That is a lot of gray! Of course, any color on a Military is a lot of that color...

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    Gotta have to agree with this If we got everything we wanted right away it'd get boring. The wait just makes it that much better once you get it!
    I always hear that if we get everything we want, it would be boring. I'd like to give it a try so I know its true or not.

Spyderco Forum Registered User DRKBC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck_roxas45 View Post
    I always hear that if we get everything we want, it would be boring. I'd like to give it a try so I know its true or not.
    Haha I'm with you buddy.

Think anyone else will randomly get these in stock or let you order them like Howes/blade hq did earlier?
    I don't think anybody actually has them in stock in the stores yet. This coming week the Collectors Club knives will be shipped out to the collectors, including some store owners who sell them, etc. I think Howes, for example, was notified of the shipment and went ahead and took orders for his CC knives. A little later, maybe the following week, the other thousand or whatever will start shipping. Knife Center took preorders and closed ordering weeks ago. But there are a few stores that aren't taking preorders, but say they will email you when the knives go on sale, including BladeHQ, GPKnives, Howe's Knife Shop, and New Graham Knives. So, if you give them your email address and indicate that you want the knife, you should be able to join in the fray and have just about as good a chance as anybody to snag one. There are a few other places that sell them that should turn up in a regular google shopping search that may do things a little differently. I ordered one from Dvor, which I'd never heard of before, but it's affiliated with Optics Planet, which has a good reputation, but at the moment, they're "back ordered" and not taking anymore orders. I would give the other places my email right away if I were you and check frequently for a response. Good luck!!

Edit: By the way, I meant to put in a good word for the Dvor store in Northbrook, IL, where I ordered my Cruwear Millie. When I placed the order, I didn't find the $10 off code for first time orderers but ordered quickly anyway because I was afraid they would sell out. Invective mentioned the code (10off) in a post, and today I brashly called up and asked them if they would give me credit for it. The man checked on his computer, went back to Thursday, ran the code and it worked. So he was glad to give me the $10 credit and was very friendly about it.
    Last edited by DougC-3; 10-05-2013 at 11:54 PM.
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: 4V Mule; New Stretch prototype CF-slab/ZDP test sprint! (or left over super blue if any happens to be lying around!); Military 2

Quote Originally Posted by chuck_roxas45 View Post
    + one for the scientific method -- nothing like experimentation to get more data. Anybody want to volunteer to not get everything they want?
    Want List: 4V Mule; New Stretch prototype CF-slab/ZDP test sprint! (or left over super blue if any happens to be lying around!); Military 2

Thanks, I will def try and throw my email on a few of those sites. Thing is, in last experience - hot items tend to go "in stock" and sell out before that automated system can even generate a notification email, lol. Threads like this might be the best bet, assuming folks want to share their valuable knowledge, haha.

Thanks, I will def try and throw my email on a few of those sites. Thing is, in last experience - hot items tend to go "in stock" and sell out before that automated system can even generate a notification email, lol. Threads like this might be the best bet, assuming folks want to share their valuable knowledge, haha.
    Could be , I never got an email from Howe's when they sold the six supposed CCs, but then, if they'd notified everybody on their list, with only six knives on hand, there would have been total chaos, confusion, consternation, castigation, and repugnation, if not shock and awe

Spyderco Forum Registered User nccole's Avatar
    I have a Super Blue Delica in my pocket right now because GP sent me an email notification and I logged in and bought it. It was sold out fast, but I have it so my phone alerts me to emails, so I logged on my phone and bought it within an hour of the notification. I like GP, so what I will do a lot of times is pre-order KC and if I can get it from GP cancel KC.

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DougC-3 View Post
    + one for the scientific method -- nothing like experimentation to get more data. Anybody want to volunteer to not get everything they want?
    Except for the 1 percenters, I'm.sure there are enough data points from.people who don't get everything they want.