Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruwear Military ETA

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    I've bought thousands of dollars worth of optics from OpticsPlanet.com.

I've seen them oversell before, and when that happens refunds have been quick and painless.

I wouldn't hesitate to give them my CC info if I wanted to order this knife from them.
    I see now that they sell lab equipment, microscopes, telescopes, as well as hunting optics. Actually looks like a pretty reputable place.

By the way, they still haven't debited my bank account for the knife, even though PayPal says they've sent the payment to them... and I couldn't help noticing that one day wasn't subtracted from the expected 6-17 days before shipping
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: New Stretch prototype Coyote G-10 slab/ZDP test sprint!

Spyderco Forum Registered User jeru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DougC-3 View Post
    or, if it's OK to post stuff like that, I could post it...
    I think that is an excellent idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeru View Post
    Sorry about the delay. I plan to PM the list tomorrow and run it by Tazkristi before posting (it's not a complete list, etc.)

Doug

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    Sorry about the delay. I plan to PM the list tomorrow and run it by Tazkristi before posting (it's not a complete list, etc.)

Doug
    I've never been censured for posting the full name of a Spyderco dealer here, and I've done it more than a few times when answering a question for a newcomer. PM Kristi, to be certain, but AFAIK and IMHO, store name acronyms are used for the same reasons all the other acronyms are used.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deacon View Post
    I've never been censured for posting the full name of a Spyderco dealer here, and I've done it more than a few times when answering a question for a newcomer. PM Kristi, to be certain, but AFAIK and IMHO, store name acronyms are used for the same reasons all the other acronyms are used.
    Who would dare censure you Paul?
    I always heard that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, but then you catch even more flies with poop

http://sharpthings.net/chat

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45696

Quote Originally Posted by The Deacon View Post
    Thanks very much for the input Paul. I've used individual names too, but, as for my list, I haven't been around (in this hobby) very long and I'm sure I've overlooked some worthy dealers. I wouldn't want it to appear to anyone as a forum endorsed, complete, or exclusive list. Of course, I could just state that when/if I post it

Quote Originally Posted by chuck_roxas45 View Post
    Who would dare censure you Paul?
    Well, one time, in a story at least, three rabbis put God on trial, so it's possible

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    I would be very grateful if you could either post that list or message it to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeru View Post
    I'd like to apologize once more about the list delay. I wouldn't go so far as to say I have a "real life" but things have been very hectic for the last few days. My yard looks almost like Chuck's "before" picture of the area behind his fence, with a dozen yard-high mimosa saplings, and the neighbors will probably soon put "CUT THE GRASS" signs in my yard

I'm typing it up now, but somebody will probably post a much better one about the time I finish

I'd like to apologize once more about the list delay.

I'm typing it up now, but somebody will probably post a much better one about the time I finish
    I've PM'd the "quick" & dirty list and inquired about the advisability of cleaning it up and posting it on the forum

There is this other knife forum on the net that prohibits repeating the name of any retailer that doesn't give them money, so some people get in the habit of using the abbreviations or pseudonyms.

Is the opticsplanet price of $183 a fair one? This is the first sprint run I've followed closely and plan on buying, so I'm still a little green. I've heard other estimates as low as $140 or so. What do you guys think is a fair price?

Quote Originally Posted by BatCountry9 View Post
    Is the opticsplanet price of $183 a fair one? This is the first sprint run I've followed closely and plan on buying, so I'm still a little green. I've heard other estimates as low as $140 or so. What do you guys think is a fair price?
    My personal take is that, including shipping, they seem to be running around $157 at some of the reputable dealers that usually carry sprint runs. I think $183 is a bit high (they had a coupon code for $5 off --> $178). But IMO, the demand for these Cruwear Millies will exceed the supply, so I think a lot of people will be willing to pay $20 or $25 extra if they really want to ensure getting one. I think their price will be doubled or more in the secondary market.

Personally, I've asked 4 or 5 places to email me when they become available and have got my name on the backup preorder list (with option to cancel) at one place that doesn't email.

Good luck!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Clip's Avatar
    I don't think $183 is too bad, considering what they'll probably go for on eBay once they're released.
    Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly3, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, M390 Para2, Cruwear MT12, Techno, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, Manix2 Ltwt, Salt I, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Forum Native5, Squeak, Manix 83mm, 440V Military, Gayle Bradley, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, Cruwear Military, VG10 Jester, Terzuola SlipIt, XHP Native Ltwt, Domino, CPM154/S90V Para2, SB Stretch, D2 Para, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by bdblue View Post
    There is this other knife forum on the net that prohibits repeating the name of any retailer that doesn't give them money, so some people get in the habit of using the abbreviations or pseudonyms.
    Thanks for the info; I had the feeling there was something going on influencing people to say "fleabay" and so on. There could be reasons to do the same on this forum that don't immediately meet the eye.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Cheddarnut's Avatar
    Thanks for the info; I had the feeling there was something going on influencing people to say "fleabay" and so on. There could be reasons to do the same on this forum that don't immediately meet the eye.
    To confuse the noobs and lower the competition for coveted items.
    I collect knives, my knives collect dust.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddarnut View Post
    LOL .... this is why i speak in code
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Haha, it did occur to me to wait until after I have a shot at the Cruware sprint to give out any information

Spyderco Forum Registered User Mutt's Avatar
    ok to both put this thread back on track and bump it back to the front page, has anyone heard anything recently bout when THIS knife is going to drop?

Why did the chicken cross the road?

CAUSE THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE TO DO WHILE WAITING FOR THE CRUWEAR MILITARY TO SHIP.

*pant pant pant*

Need soon. Pwease ;/

Spyderco Forum Registered User senorsquare's Avatar
    *pant pant pant*

Need soon. Pwease ;/
    arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethe reyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?ar ewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethere yet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?

Quote Originally Posted by senorsquare View Post
    arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethe reyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?ar ewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethere yet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?
    ^ this

Why did the chicken cross the road?

CAUSE THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE TO DO WHILE WAITING FOR THE CRUWEAR MILITARY TO SHIP.

*pant pant pant*

Need soon. Pwease ;/

Knock knock

Who's there?

Not the mailman with your Cru-Wear military