Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Halpern Titanium Mule Team Handle Information

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewSB View Post
    Got mine, fit is perfect. It's very slightly undersized, but only a few thousands of an inch so it doesn't hang over the edge anywhere. No sharp corners or anything.

This thin knife, with the "number 5" thin grips, is extremly nice in the hand.
    Yea I think that was a good design choice by Halpern to go the undersized route, instead of having to custom make scales for each release as they are probably all slightly different. I actually don't mind it at all, the Gayle Bradley folder uses the same technique with the liners protruding slightly and it's one of my favorite folders.

After emailing Halpern Titanium right after this thread went up, I finally got an email back today. They'd run out of the orange scales entirely, but I've got a one of the Option 4 scales in black coming to me and one of the Option 5 in CF, shipping out today. Can't wait to slap these on the K390 mules.

I have option 2(seem to be discontinued), 4 (earth brown dream out of G10) and 5 (slim, light, perfect for kitchen use) scales for my Mules, option 4 being the most used.
    Actually 4 and 5 were mistaken at first shipment (bought them when MT11 came alive) but the folks of Halpern Titanium did take care of the mistake and all was perfect!
    The fit of those scales is great, included hardware is suitable for multiple screw on/off exercises (I have some Mules to choose from and use the three pairs of scales for whichever one I want to take).
    Maybe those discontinued ones are a little square-ish, some kind of finish-yourself thick G10 slabs but 4 and 5 are ready to use palm delights.
    Canīt go wrong with those!

Nevertheless I am going to wait for the hype to settle as I will get some orange and natural option 4s.

Scales have arrived. I decided to slap on the CF pair first. They look great. Here's the K390 mule fresh from slicing up some roasted pork loin for lunch:

My blue Option 5 are here and I really like them. Yeah HT!
    Mike

I forgot my picure before (Black G10 #5, insane deal at $20)

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewSB View Post
    I forgot my picure before (Black G10 #5, insane deal at $20)

Great shot, it really shows the texture. I still haven't ordered mine but plan to next week.
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: New Stretch prototype Coyote G-10 slab/ZDP test sprint!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Mutt's Avatar
    I talked to them on thurs and they have a new color Black Forest Green. I ordered a set in option 4 along with a set in ranger green. I don't know if BFG is available in option 5, sorry but I didn't ask. I was only interested in option 4. I'll post pics when the scales come in

Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    I talked to them on thurs and they have a new color Black Forest Green. I ordered a set in option 4 along with a set in ranger green. I don't know if BFG is available in option 5, sorry but I didn't ask. I was only interested in option 4. I'll post pics when the scales come in
    I guess that must be the "BLACK/GREEN" #37 at the bottom of the list? I've been wondering what that was. Thanks, I'm curious about both colors. The ranger green seems a little different in every picture I've seen of it, different lighting and exposure, etc.
    Last edited by DougC-3; 08-12-2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: meant ranger grn, not forest

Quote Originally Posted by DougC-3 View Post
    I guess that must be the "BLACK/GREEN" #37 at the bottom of the list? I've been wondering what that was. Thanks, I'm curious about both colors. The ranger green seems a little different in every picture I've seen of it, different lighting and exposure, etc.
    Maybe, whatever it is I like the Black Forest Green and put those scales on over the Ranger Green. Ranger green was very olive drab I took pics of both sets of scales next to my G10 dragonfly and this year's forum native so you could compare with known items Hope these pics upload right
    [URL=http://s1166.photobucket.com/user/Muttlypuppy/media/Spyderco%20handles/IMG_1229.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s1166.photobucket.com/user/Muttlypuppy/media/Spyderco%20handles/IMG_1230.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s1166.photobucket.com/user/Muttlypuppy/media/Spyderco%20handles/IMG_1232.jpg.html][/URL

PS those pics were taken AFTER I did the WD40 / Dawn dish soap / WD40 treatment That's why the scales were sitting on the paper towels in the first place. And No; I don't have anything in British Racing Green to put up there for comparison -- They never came out with a native in brg.
    Last edited by Mutt; 08-12-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    PS those pics were taken AFTER I did the WD40 / Dawn dish soap / WD40 treatment That's why the scales were sitting on the paper towels in the first place. And No; I don't have anything in British Racing Green to put up there for comparison -- They never came out with a native in brg.
    Thanks much for taking the trouble to post all these pics, Mutt -- They're very helpful. I believe I've seen the Black Forest Green before and wondered if the snaky looking central stripe was intentional -- apparently so. Thanks also for the Ranger Green shots. I think I'll give it a try, and maybe Coyote.

Working on getting my set, word is they're out orange, standing by for inventory update.

From the list I just got as of right now, just helping out, I'm not from Halpern or anything:

Opt 4:
    Black -18
    Earth Brown - 15
    Ranger Green - 12
    Natural - 18
    Coyote - 8
    Black/Green - 18

Opt 5:
    Black - 15
    Earth Brown - 12
    OD Green - 12
    Camo - 17

-jason
    Last edited by scorpiomaj27; 08-13-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Thanks Jason -- I've got to jump on this before they're all gone ...and welcome to the forum !

Spyderco Forum Registered User senorsquare's Avatar
    FYI - If you want to order scales from Halpern here is the the email addy to use: mules@halperntitanium.com

Hi S-

Sue will take care of you- we now have a special email mules@halperntitanium.com

Spyderco Forum Registered User senorsquare's Avatar
    FYI - If you want to order scales from Halpern here is the the email addy to use: mules@halperntitanium.com

"Hi S-

Sue will take care of you- we now have a special email mules@halperntitanium.com"

Just ordered my grips by phone: Option 4, Coyote & Ranger Green; and Option 5, OD Green. She had to "go out and check on" the Coyote to verify that they still had some. Stocks are getting low on some of these. I have only one mule but wanted to check these out and have some on hand for future use. I got my USPS Priority Mail confirmation within a couple of hours.

Sadly, I think I'll be passing on the scales...not sure where I will find another option. But the lowest shipping to Canada is $22. That doubles the price and seems very excessive to me.

Bit bummed...but I'm not going to pay double.
    On the hunt for...

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    I would suggest maybe buying multiples for possible future mules.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBySnooSnoo View Post
    Sadly, I think I'll be passing on the scales...not sure where I will find another option. But the lowest shipping to Canada is $22. That doubles the price and seems very excessive to me.

Bit bummed...but I'm not going to pay double.
    That's 3 2/3 times postage to anywhere in the US. Is that coming from our postal department? You should be able to ship at least to Siberia for that.