Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Halpern Titanium Mule Team Handle Information

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by arjay18 View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I've been wanting to order from them for some time now but their site was down.

To those with the option 5, how's the ergos? I'm learning towards them since they are significantly cheaper and thinner.
    Option 5 ergos seem fine to me. All edges and corners are rounded. Have never felt any hot spots. In template, they look similar to the carbon fiber scales (see above) but are thicker. Mine make the total handle thickness 0.62" (carbon fiber option 5 are about .40" thick but more expensive). The contoured, 3D scales are about the same thickness at their widest point. Mike

Then again, you may call to check on the option 5 thickness. My scales are older and maybe these newer ones are thinner. I seem to recall another scale option at one time.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Mutt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by akaAK View Post
    Thanks for this post. Very helpful. Just sent off an e-mail for three sets (option 4, natural, grey and black).

I currently have the option 4's on two mules (orange and brown micarta) and love the grip they give. Didn't go with the thin scales cause this gives me the option of using the two sheaths i got interchangeably. At least until I get new sheaths made.

Thanks again.
    Do these handles come with sheaths?

PS the part about very helpful +1
    Last edited by Mutt; 07-26-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    For everyone who emailed in their order, did you get any confirmation email or reply from them? I sent my order in to the email provided on the picture in the first post and haven't heard back from them is this normal or should I send another one to Mariannes just in case? Thanks in advance!
    I would probably give the order confirmation emails a 3 working day cushion. They are very small remember.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User BSBG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    No, you will have to source one separately.
    I have too many expensive hobbies to even consider another one.

I sent for scales yesterday morning as soon as I saw the post, so I'll let people know when things begin to happen. No email back yet, but I did get confirmation about the paypal transaction. Planning on making a sheath for mine out of leather, so I'll post a thread about it with pictures, when I start making one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post

PS the part about very helpful +1
    No sheaths came from Christina Gere in Colorado. I will post the e-mail address. Her sheaths are specific to the mule handles. When you or if you order from her she will request what the specific handles are. Perfect fit without having to send the mules to her. Fantastic service when I last bought from her (I have no affiliation with her but found her contact details here on the forum).

Spyderco Forum Registered User JR in CT's Avatar
    Thank you xceptnl for posting this and maintaining the list. I just ordered 3 handles! The last time I was ready to order their website went down and never returned.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Cheygriz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by akaAK View Post
    No sheaths came from Christina Gere in Colorado. I will post the e-mail address. Her sheaths are specific to the mule handles. When you or if you order from her she will request what the specific handles are. Perfect fit without having to send the mules to her. Fantastic service when I last bought from her (I have no affiliation with her but found her contact details here on the forum).
    +1
    E-Mail:
    sheathpro@aol.com
    303-886-0834

Thanks for an enthusiastic response to the recent mule team release. Halpern Titanium has a good supply of G10 handles in stock and we are working as fast as we can to process orders.

I am hiring a temp office worker next week to get your orders out the door! Please call 1-888-283-8627 next week 10-4 Eastern time to speak with a real person.

The inventory posted a few days is a good reference for availability. The Ranger green Option 5 and all orange are out of stock.
    Please hang on. This is the only CNC machined handle we ship directly to end users and this last release caused some kind of frenzy.
    Marianne Halpern

Spyderco Forum Registered User dgebler's Avatar
    Thanks Marianne; I appreciate your willingness to work with us Spyderco nuts...I guess you get a taste of the frenzy surrounding coveted knives.
    Anyway, I got my tracking information yesterday, one pair of Natural G-10 Option #4 (contoured) scales on the way.
    Also, I emailed Christina at Sheathpro this morning, waiting to hear on cost/availability now and will post on this thread when I hear back.
    Looking forward to making this MT-17 a user (just can't make myself carry the forum native...yet).

Good Morning
    We are definitely in business !
    Our business is focusing on our manufacturing capabilities. Our production machining is 99% within the knife industry and this is the only item we manufacture for the end user in partnership with Spyderco.

A new temp office worker has been hired to keep up with orders. You can call 1-888-283-8627 to speak with a person from 10-4 Eastern time next week. Emails back and forth has been getting crazy and orders may have gotten missed.
    Please do not pay through PayPal before we have guaranteed stock on your option and color choice.

Thickness answers for you. Option 5 is machined using .140" G10. The texture is the same as Spyderco uses on their folders.
    Option 4 G10 starts at about 1/4" thick and is 3D machined to fit in the palm of your hand.

The flat carbon is solid carbon .

All our handles are machined in our shop to fit Spyderco's mules.

I registered on Spyderco's forum last night to give this update.
    I will say I'll get back on for updates but most likely my business demands will not allow the time.

Please spread the word we are in business!
    Thanks for great reviews for the last few years.
    Marianne Halpern

Good Morning
    We are definitely in business! Our web site including a video will be up and running in a month- I hope.

I got your order and we are trying to stay up with requests, questions, orders etc etc.
    I 've actually hired a temp office worker to respond by phone.
    Anyone who doesn't get an answer in a few days should call next week From 10-4 Eastern time to speak with a person. 1-888-283-8627.

Melanie isn't with us anymore, so it has been my job to keep up with orders. That plan isn't working too well so I hope I can get a new person up to speed.
    Some of you will speak with Julio or Chris who are helping me out.
    Yes, our response to emails or calls will be erratic but we should be able to fill most of your request.
    Ranger green option 5 and all orange is out of stock.

Thanks for hanging in with us. This is our only direct manufacturer to end user so please bear with us!
    Marianne Halpern

Spyderco Forum Registered User phillipsted's Avatar
    Marianne - Thanks for offering these to the community. We very much appreciate your dedication and customer service!

TedP

Love the pics.I'm a chef and you're dicing needs allot of work but I'm very anal about that.lol

Spyderco Forum Registered User Cheygriz's Avatar
    The orders are shipping!

Thanks, Marianne!

thanks for coming in and giving us the info, Marianne!

This release has caused quite a frenzy, no doubt. Many will be anxious to get their scales, but your transparency should help w with ppl exercising some patience... I'll wait a bit for you guys to get caught up.

Again, thanks for stopping by!

Matt

Latest update- cf, orange and ranger green option 5 are sold out. Still good stock on most colors. Still crazy so I am hiring a temp office worker to get out the handles.
    Don't panic - everyone will have handles shipped within a week.
    Marianne Halpern

Quote Originally Posted by Cheygriz View Post
    The orders are shipping!

Thanks, Marianne!
    Shhhhh yours went out today!
    Marianne

I just got my natural G-10 option 4 scales today. They look beautiful, can't wait to get them on my Mule!!! These really have a great texture and should give plenty of purchase on the handle. I will post pictures soon (now I need a sheath).

Name:  Smaller_Ghost.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  81.8 KB

Just put on my natural G-10 option 4 scales and they look awesome.
    Stopped by the house at lunch to put them on and have a fresh tomato.