Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Official Halpern Titanium Mule Team Handle Information

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HalpernTi View Post
    That sounds like a great idea for another option for us down the road. That's the first request so help me out. Anyone else like that idea? I'd like to get a sense of overall interest before we make hundreds of a new option.
    Just Micarta and wood or also G10.
    We could machine in any of our option 4 colors or materials.

Let me know so I can get them planned for the end of this year.
    Marianne Halpern
    Pesonally, I'd be most interested in Dymondwood, and more specifically, in their "wood tone" colors and any other that stay within the tan/brown color family.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Smooth/polished micarta would be great to see. Also more of those thicker option 3 would be good too.
    On the hunt for...

Polished G-10 option 4 would be nice too, but given the choice between G-10 and Micarta, I think I would usually choose Micarta.
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: New Stretch prototype Coyote G-10 slab/ZDP test sprint!

Spyderco Forum Registered User bearfacedkiller's Avatar
    Since I got in on the MT18 and the forum native a set of option 5 scales to match the forum native would be a dream come true. :-)

Option 3 mules handles

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBySnooSnoo View Post
    Smooth/polished micarta would be great to see. Also more of those thicker option 3 would be good too.
    We have a few option 3 in stock. Email me through our website and I'll see what we have left.
    Marianne Halpern

Spyderco Forum Registered User paladin's Avatar
    Dear Marianne,

Is there a chance you guys could craft some Option 5's in the natural or jade G10? I am a fan of the translucent effect of that material and I think seeing the skeletonized tangs of the Mules subtlety showing through would be a neat feature visually. And while I'm making out my personal wish list with you, I prefer the coarse texture like on your Ranger Greens. Yeah, I know you guys aren't Burger King...but if you already got the natural G10 stock laying around...just sayin', lol! Grandad told me the squeaky blade pivot gets the oil, or something like that.
    Have Kiwi, will travel...wire Paladin...Hotel Carlton, San Francisco

Spyderco Forum Registered User hiredgun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    Dear Marianne,

Is there a chance you guys could craft some Option 5's in the natural or jade G10? I am a fan of the translucent effect of that material and I think seeing the skeletonized tangs of the Mules subtlety showing through would be a neat feature visually. And while I'm making out my personal wish list with you, I prefer the coarse texture like on your Ranger Greens. Yeah, I know you guys aren't Burger King...but if you already got the natural G10 stock laying around...just sayin', lol! Grandad told me the squeaky blade pivot gets the oil, or something like that.
    Yes, I was hoping for the same thing. I'd like to see Option 5 in Jade G10. Good call.
    You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!

Your grandfather is a wise man. We started 4 years ago and have grown our options from ideas within our shop and Spyderco customers. In a month we will be adding option 5 OD Micarta, heritage brown and cocobolo dymondwood and a return of option 4 black and blue alternating layers.
    The Swick addition was a request from Spyderco and the 4 color options came from the forum suggestions.
    Right now I only have 125-.140 but it doesn't have a texture . I think a flat slab would be too slippery.
    Dud you know the Camo is made on natural G10. It's a layer of Camo cloth pressed with the g10. I wouldn't recommend trying to get it off, just a FYI.
    I'll keep the idea of natural option 5 in mind.
    You also like coarse- we don't have much coarse in stock. Time to finish packing for IWA
    Marianne

Thanks for the timely reply Marianne!

I have sanded off the camo effect on a Camo Military with great results ( with respirator, of course ). I considered this with your product, however I think it would make the stock too thin for my usage.

I know you will keep my request in mind. You are sure to sell at least one pair, or two, to me & hiredgun.

I did more than keep it in mind. My machinist has a list of mules to make while I'm in Germany. I added 2 sheets of non-textured natural G10 to his list.
    It's .125 or .140" and we'll see what happens. I am not sure if I am going to add it to the website, but you can submit a request to me through the website and I will sell it to you directly.

Your grandfather would be proud.

Marianne

Now that's what I call customer service folks! If it happens, I will post the pics!!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User bearfacedkiller's Avatar
    Another satisfied customer.

Fast shipping and a quality product.

Got my Swick scales, yesterday. They're very nice. Unfortunately (my bad), I didn't realize how much difference there is between my sprint run Swick and the current version. Still love the scales, just need to figure out how to fill in the gap along the forward finger groove. Maybe some JB Weld?

Hello all, may I know what is the normal delivery time for the mule handles? I ordered several pieces on the 2nd and have only received a receipt of the order. Sorry if this had been covered already, I come to this thread late. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bchan View Post
    Hello all, may I know what is the normal delivery time for the mule handles? I ordered several pieces on the 2nd and have only received a receipt of the order. Sorry if this had been covered already, I come to this thread late. Thanks.
    Please resend your order to me directly mh@halperntitanium.com
    Because we shipped all orders received before my travel to Europe. If you didn't get a tracking notice when it shipped, I didn't have your order. The shopping cart is new for us and this sounds like an order was forwarded to me bit in my rush to get everything out, you got missed.
    I'm back on the 17th but I have remote to my office computer and try to find out what happened. Please follow up this discussion through my direct email. Thanks
    Marianne Halpern

We are back from a great trip to IWA in Germany and a few extra days in Poland.

All mule handle orders have been shipped and we are ready for more! In 2-3 weeks our shopping cart will include a few new offerings: Cocobolo Dymondwood, heritage Brown Dymondwood, black/ royal blue G10 Option 4, OD green Option 5.
    Paladin will be getting some special Option 5 Natural G10 handles this week.
    This option might not make the shopping cart but we are machining 12 sets. Let me know what you think.
    Thanks for all the positive comments about our products. I even saw a photo of 15 mule blades with 15 different Halpern handles. He doesn't even work for us- much appreciated.
    Marianne

The Nature Boy

got my Natural G10 Mule Team Scales from Marianne today...couldn't wait to outfit them...

The S110V Mule (MT18) is a hair under 3 mm according to my calipers, I know...it didn't happen if there aren't pics...

here it is for us who use the English System of Measurement...

Next we have the thickness of Halpern's Natural G10 in inches, ( coincidentally, almost identical to the MT18's tang ) Marianne's machinists ground these extra thin for me!!!

Last, but certainly not least--an X-RAY exposure showing a "Mule Skeleton!" Thanks Marianne and everyone at Halpern Ti for making such a fine American product!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HalpernTi View Post
    In a month we will be adding option 5 OD Micarta,
    Marianne
    Can't wait!!! Will be on the next mule!

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    got my Natural G10 Mule Team Scales from Marianne today...couldn't wait to outfit them...

[....]

Last, but certainly not least--an X-RAY exposure showing a "Mule Skeleton!" Thanks Marianne and everyone at Halpern Ti for making such a fine American product!!!

Nice work, paladin and Marianne!
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: New Stretch prototype Coyote G-10 slab/ZDP test sprint!

Quote Originally Posted by DougC-3;928297[B
    ]Nice work, paladin[/B] and Marianne!
    Thanks Doug! But heck, all I did was bolt em on...unless you count shamelessly begging for them a few posts previous...