Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Official Halpern Titanium Mule Team Handle Information

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    Thanks Doug! But heck, all I did was bolt em on...unless you count shamelessly begging for them a few posts previous...
    Well, to tell you the truth, that was part of what I had in mind It was sort of a communications project. I guess that's the way things get done sometimes
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: New Stretch prototype Coyote G-10 slab/ZDP test sprint!

Spyderco Forum Registered User morgaj1's Avatar
    Got my option 5 black G10 handle from Marianne a couple of weeks ago. I have the MT01 and the holes in the metal were slightly undersized for the shafts to fit in. No problem, I drilled them out just a bit and the threaded shafts fit perfectly. When installing it, the threads on one of the shafts was messed up and wouldn't allow a screw to fit. An email to Marianne and she quickly mailed me a whole hardware kit. I am more than pleased with her customer service. The handles are great and are exactly what I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by morgaj1 View Post
    Got my option 5 black G10 handle from Marianne a couple of weeks ago. I have the MT01 and the holes in the metal were slightly undersized for the shafts to fit in. No problem, I drilled them out just a bit and the threaded shafts fit perfectly. When installing it, the threads on one of the shafts was messed up and wouldn't allow a screw to fit. An email to Marianne and she quickly mailed me a whole hardware kit. I am more than pleased with her customer service. The handles are great and are exactly what I wanted.
    Welcome to the forum, morgaj1 -- we can always use another Alabamian! And congratulations on having an MT01. I think those are pretty rare now
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: New Stretch prototype Coyote G-10 slab/ZDP test sprint!

Spyderco Forum Registered User morgaj1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DougC-3 View Post
    Welcome to the forum, morgaj1 -- we can always use another Alabamian! And congratulations on having an MT01. I think those are pretty rare now
    Thanks Doug!

Quick update on mule handles. We have restocked all colors that were sold out and added 4 more colors/materials.
    Black/royal blue alternating layers has returned and we added Cocobolo and Heritage Brown (walnut) Dymondwood.
    A few of you guys suggested natural G10 in option 5 so we made a small quantity.

Check out the cabernet(burgundy) Paperstone in Option 4.

I wanted to get the updates into our shopping cart but I haven't added any new photos. I'll try to get that done next week.

We still have an occasional problem with folks registering. My web designer can help you out or just submit an email through the website and we'll take care of you.
    I promised free handles to a few people who submitted photos to me for our website. I haven't forgotten you.

Thanks for your continued support of our efforts.
    Kyle is ready to pack away and he's only made a few mistakes.
    Marianne

Quote Originally Posted by HalpernTi View Post
    Quick update on mule handles. We have restocked all colors that were sold out and added 4 more colors/materials.
    Black/royal blue alternating layers has returned and we added Cocobolo and Heritage Brown (walnut) Dymondwood.
    A few of you guys suggested natural G10 in option 5 so we made a small quantity.

Check out the cabernet(burgundy) Paperstone in Option 4.

I wanted to get the updates into our shopping cart but I haven't added any new photos. I'll try to get that done next week.

We still have an occasional problem with folks registering. My web designer can help you out or just submit an email through the website and we'll take care of you.
    I promised free handles to a few people who submitted photos to me for our website. I haven't forgotten you.

Thanks for your continued support of our efforts.
    Kyle is ready to pack away and he's only made a few mistakes.
    Marianne
    No option 5 OD green micarta yet?

The only stock of OD green Micarta we have is more than 3/8" thick. Option 5 has a finish thickness of .125-.140.
    Machining thick material to .140 is not a problem, but it would make that model another 7-8 dollars per set due to the machining time and the cost of the thicker material.
    We could process thinner Micarta somewhere down the road and maintain the $30.00/set if there is enough interest.

Let us know the interest level and we will add that option when we machine Option6- smooth 3D machined handles.
    HalernTi

Spyderco Forum Registered User bearfacedkiller's Avatar
    Since I got in on the MT18 and the forum native a set of option 5 scales to match the forum native would be a dream come true.

I am not sure if anybody else would be as interested in this as I am but I really like the scales on my forum native, green is my favorite color and they are very grippy. Not sure if this green checkered G10 is even accessible for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bearfacedkiller View Post
    Since I got in on the MT18 and the forum native a set of option 5 scales to match the forum native would be a dream come true.

I am not sure if anybody else would be as interested in this as I am but I really like the scales on my forum native, green is my favorite color and they are very grippy. Not sure if this green checkered G10 is even accessible for you.

The native scales machined in forest green diamond pattern are only.090" thick.
    We don't have any .140" thick or hardware to work with a handle that is so thin.
    The option 5 ranger green has a coarse texture.
    If we ever have this diamond pattern in .140 we would make a run of handles.
    Thanks for the thought.
    HalpernTi

Spyderco Forum Registered User bearfacedkiller's Avatar
    Thank you for your response and explanation. I am very happy with the scales I received already and will definitely be getting another set. Without you guys I would not be able to enjoy my mules anywhere near as much. Thanks so much!

We have also enjoyed the project fro 4 years now. We have gotten many ideas for styles and colors through the forums. Any head's up on new releases is a great help. It keeps the shipment dates down to 2-3 days as long as we can have the shippers ready to go.
    HalpernTi

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    I don't think he means he wants scales EXACTLY like the Native scales. I think he wants them to look a like, but they should be thicker as required for the Mule to feel good in hand.

The pattern thing is a whole other issue.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

I just mounted a set of cocobolo Option 4's on a S110V mule and I like the color pattern left when you machined the laminate.
    It gives the impression of grain while providing a textured surface for grip.
    Thanks for adding so much style to the mule team project!

Spyderco Forum Registered User hiredgun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancier View Post
    I just mounted a set of cocobolo Option 4's on a S110V mule and I like the color pattern left when you machined the laminate.
    It gives the impression of grain while providing a textured surface for grip.
    Thanks for adding so much style to the mule team project!
    Pictures? The website still doesn't have pics up yet of the new scales.
    You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!

New mule handle options

Quote Originally Posted by hiredgun View Post
    Pictures? The website still doesn't have pics up yet of the new scales.
    We have added Cocobolo Dymondwood, Heritage Brown (looks like walnut) Dymondwood and Cabernet Paperstone (deep burgundy) all in Option 4.
    Halpern Titanium has been all out preparing for Blade Show. We'll be setting up as a manufacturer and Mule Team handles will be shown at our booth. You'll be able to order but we won't be shipping product from MA to Atlanta. Any orders will be processed right after Blade Show.
    We had hoped for pictures but we are going to have to depend on our forum friends to spread by word of mouth or pictures of any of our new colors and materials.
    Later this year we should have Option 6 - a 3D smooth model. We'll start with 3-4 colors and we will be sure to add photos at that time.
    Thanks for understanding.
    HalpernTi

Later this year we should have Option 6 - a 3D smooth model. We'll start with 3-4 colors and we will be sure to add photos at that time.
    Thanks for understanding.
    HalpernTi
    So is this new Option going to be like the CC grips on a Strider? If so that sounds amazing!

Also, is there any possibility of you using an Arctic Camo of Desert Camo on any of the options? People were interested in both in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    So is this new Option going to be like the CC grips on a Strider? If so that sounds amazing!

Also, is there any possibility of you using an Arctic Camo of Desert Camo on any of the options? People were interested in both in another thread.
    Yes, the 3D smooth would be just like Strider CC. There is a lot of time in machining so we want to start with a few basic colors- black of course!

Unfortunately, our camo is one layer of actual camo fabric. We have tried lathering different G10 colors for 3d machining to achieve the same effect. The results weren't satisfactory so we have limited our camo options to flat G10.
    Keep make suggestions- option 5 and the upcoming Option 6 (3D smooth) are customer suggestions.

It's already May, so it's looking like near the end of the year.
    HalpernTi

Yes, the 3D smooth would be just like Strider CC. There is a lot of time in machining so we want to start with a few basic colors- black of course!

Unfortunately, our camo is one layer of actual camo fabric. We have tried lathering different G10 colors for 3d machining to achieve the same effect. The results weren't satisfactory so we have limited our camo options to flat G10.
    Keep make suggestions- option 5 and the upcoming Option 6 (3D smooth) are customer suggestions.

It's already May, so it's looking like near the end of the year.
    HalpernTi
    Well that is interesting. I love the CC handles on Striders so I might have to pick up a set or two.

And I know I wouldn't mind a Camo Set in Option 5. I'm sure others would as well!

The new option 6 sounds great! Only thing better would be OD green option 6.