Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Halpern Titanium Mule Team Handle Information

Spyderco Forum Registered User md8232's Avatar
    Pic of Option 5 carbon fiber please?

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    Landon,
    Thank you for help and special thanks for pictures.
    R
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    Thanks for the info!
    Does anyone have pictures showing the difference between ranger green and OD green?
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbelleh View Post
    Thanks for the info!
    Does anyone have pictures showing the difference between ranger green and OD green?
    I don't have either in hand yet, but IIRC the OD is lighter than the ranger. See more pics below (borrowed from Marion David Poff and his BF review of the Halpern Scales)

My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Thanks so much for posting that information, I am happy to see that Halpern is still producing these, even though it is not their main business. I still have a bunch of Mules that I still haven't made scales for, so I ordered several even though I do still hope to make some scales for some of them.

I like all my other Carbon Fiber handles I have, so I thought I would try one of their CF scale sets also.
    Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E)

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    Thanks for the pics, xceptnl.
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Quote Originally Posted by md8232 View Post
    Pic of Option 5 carbon fiber please?
    I've got to run out the door, but here are a few shots with carbon fiber. The handle total thickness with the carbon fiber scales is just a few thousands shy of 0.40". I like them, they are smooth, feel good in the hand, fit well, and look good in my opinion. I think I might order some for this latest mule also. Thanks. Mike

Spyderco Forum Registered User md8232's Avatar
    Mike157,
    Thanks for these shots. I've just emailed Halpern to order some.

Mike

Thanks for those pics Mike, that CF looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by salimoneus View Post
    Thanks for those pics Mike, that CF looks great!
    Thanks from me, too, Mike. CF scales look sweet, I just placed an order for a pair thanks to your photos.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Clip's Avatar
    Thanks again Ted! Here are the Option 4 Ranger Green on an Elmax Mule.

Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly3, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, M390 Para2, Cruwear MT12, Techno, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, Manix2 Ltwt, Salt I, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Forum Native5, Squeak, Manix 83mm, 440V Military, Gayle Bradley, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, Cruwear Military, VG10 Jester, Terzuola SlipIt, XHP Native Ltwt, Domino, CPM154/S90V Para2, SB Stretch, D2 Para, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by md8232 View Post
    Mike157,
    Thanks for these shots. I've just emailed Halpern to order some.

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade and Flame View Post
    Thanks from me, too, Mike. CF scales look sweet, I just placed an order for a pair thanks to your photos.
    You are all very welcome. I ordered myself a set also. I also ordered a set of the orange Option 4's for the future. Thanks all. Mike

For everyone who emailed in their order, did you get any confirmation email or reply from them? I sent my order in to the email provided on the picture in the first post and haven't heard back from them is this normal or should I send another one to Mariannes just in case? Thanks in advance!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    thanks for posting this!
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    How do I order a pair? And thanks again Landon for this. I'm running up a big favor tab with you...
    I always heard that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, but then you catch even more flies with poop

http://sharpthings.net/chat

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45696

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck_roxas45 View Post
    Gonna have to get some and a sheath too.
    I really need to get a sheath as well
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    I really need to get a sheath as well
    Yep.
    I always heard that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, but then you catch even more flies with poop

Thanks for posting this. I've been wanting to order from them for some time now but their site was down.

To those with the option 5, how's the ergos? I'm learning towards them since they are significantly cheaper and thinner.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck_roxas45 View Post
    How do I order a pair? And thanks again Landon for this. I'm running up a big favor tab with you...
    I find the easiest way to order from Halpern Titanium is to call them. The phone number on the original post works fine. I called this morning and was taken care of immediately. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike157 View Post
    I find the easiest way to order from Halpern Titanium is to call them. The phone number on the original post works fine. I called this morning and was taken care of immediately. Mike
    Upper right hand corner. My location is indicated there.