Page 7 of 95 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll see your Spyderco and raise you another!

Spyderco Forum Registered User GSO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbelleh View Post
    I would say as long as the model, handle material, color, and blade type match, it's ok. For example, a black, PE, 154CM Manix 2 = a black, PE, S30V Manix 2.
    In my ambitious wish to see the models in every variation covered, I'm reluctant to let things slide this way. I also like the illusion that the person matching you has the very same knife, as if he or she grabbed yours to take another picture. In your Manix example, are they both visually identical such that you couldn't tell the difference save for the small engraving on the blade?

If so, you should've just flipped the knife on the other side when taking a picture and no one would've been the wiser.

Anyway, for the sake of pacing, carry on. We'll just have to recognize that both a 440V and S30V showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Reject View Post
    It only specifies model, blade type and colour. I would think handle material would come into it too. Eg: Carbon fiber, FRN or G10.
    Yes, handle material too. Really, anything you can discern by eye. For example, I think the Bradley Folder comes in different generations based on different milling of the liners and hardening of the steel. Those I believe you cannot discern by eye. They would not be considered different.

Spyderco Forum Registered User yablanowitz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GSO View Post
    In my ambitious wish to see the models in every variation covered, I'm reluctant to let things slide this way. I also like the illusion that the person matching you has the very same knife, as if he or she grabbed yours to take another picture. In your Manix example, are they both visually identical such that you couldn't tell the difference save for the small engraving on the blade?

If so, you should've just flipped the knife on the other side when taking a picture and no one would've been the wiser.

Anyway, for the sake of pacing, carry on. We'll just have to recognize that both a 440V and S30V showed up.
    That may not be such a good idea. At last count, I had 21 variations of the Police Model, and I believe that is less than half of all they have made.
    I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by yablanowitz View Post
    That may not be such a good idea. At last count, I had 21 variations of the Police Model, and I believe that is less than half of all they have made.
    I wasn't aware, but that is indeed a lot. I understand patiently checking for someone with the exact variation is time consuming and slows down the thread, but are we in any sort of rush?

Valid concern though. Open to suggestions how to handle variations. Match by generation, edge configuration, blade grind, etc.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Reject's Avatar
    Australia. Just left of the middle of no where.
    List so far updated Located on Page 6 Post 105.

I think; if we average 1 a day, in 4 years we show be getting close.

Or may be not.
    Last edited by Reject; 07-12-2013 at 01:44 AM.
    How much can a Koala bear?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Senate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GSO View Post

Valid concern though. Open to suggestions how to handle variations. Match by generation, edge configuration, blade grind, etc.
    i think identical match (steel, handle, color etc) like you asked in first place is the way to go... otherwise it's just a show what you have thread (we already have plenty of them), no game. and there's always the possibility for an unmatched knives to be replaced by the poster.
    let's keep it that way IMO
    Alexandre.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Spyderco WTC#1978

Spyderco Forum Registered User Reject's Avatar
    Australia. Just left of the middle of no where.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senate View Post
    i think identical match (steel, handle, color etc) like you asked in first place is the way to go... otherwise it's just a show what you have thread (we already have plenty of them), no game. and there's always the possibility for an unmatched knives to be replaced by the poster.
    let's keep it that way IMO
    If this is going to be the how it is done.
    Every raise should be clearly identified with model name, number, steel and handle material required for the match.

As the numbers grow we are definitely need the list. Which it seems I have some how volunteered to do, unless some one else wants to jump in and do it?

I think I will change the list order to model number, rather than the order in which they were submitted. It will make it easier to read and keep track of.

If that is ok with you GSO.
    How much can a Koala bear?

Spyderco Forum Registered User IG-88's Avatar
    Every raise should be clearly identified with model name, number, steel and handle material required for the match.

As the numbers grow we are definitely need the list. Which it seems I have some how volunteered to do, unless some one else wants to jump in and do it?

I think I will change the list order to model number, rather than the order in which they were submitted. It will make it easier to read and keep track of.

+1

From now on I'll put the sku number in the discription.
    Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IG-88 View Post
    +1

From now on I'll put the sku number in the discription.
    Sounds too much like work.
    Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they've found it.

http://sharpthings.net/chat

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45696

24 hours past and no raise so I go from old to brand new, maybe this one will get raised quicker

Dragonfly Orange FRN VG-10 PE C28POR2

24 hours past, very surprised nobody has the lovely orange D'fly, let keep it orange, this one must be easy

C80GPOR Dodo Orange Sprint

Spyderco Forum Registered User yablanowitz's Avatar
    Okay Sherman, time to set the Wayback Machine to the 80's.

C01S Worker.
    I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar

SC01 - serrated.
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Didn't expect a worker to be matched so fast.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Me either, I bet the card takes a bit longer.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    Me either, I bet the card takes a bit longer.
    I remember wanting one a few years back. I've since learned I appreciate slim wallets.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jay_Ev's Avatar
    <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    That was fast... maybe we should keep commenting. The replies come faster when we do.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I keep an eye on the thread waiting patiently for my turn lol.
    ~~~~ USn Catcherman ~~~~ Tasman Se ~~~~ Centofante 3 ~~~~ UKPK blue SE ~~~~ Goddard OD Sprint Pe ~~~~ Ambitious Pe blue~~~~ Zdp Ladybug ~~~~ Manix 2 lwt Pe ~~~~ Delica orange Pe ~~~~ Swick 3 fb ~~~~ Native brown xhp ~~~~ Persian 2 ~~~~ Tenacious green ps ~~~~ Drangonfly Sb ~~~~

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    It seems like the older ones are getting matched faster than the newer ones.
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat