Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco A.T.R return please!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar

Spyderco A.T.R return please!

Sal, what are the chances of a sprint of the ATR? Or possible a modern take on it with G10 scales over the compression lock? I love the blade shape. To me the tip looks strong like a tanto without actually being a tanto so it would be easier to sharpen.

I think this knife would be a big hit due to the success and popularity of the compression lock and the demand for more "tactical" type blades. Sorry to use the word tactical lol.

Not my pic

Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!! X 2, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 2
    Grail: A.T.R.

Spyderco Forum Registered User jmh58's Avatar
    Ya know.. Every time I log on here I learn/read/see something new!! WOW!! Thanks.. That is 1 KOOL knife there!! John
    A great rabbit chase ends with a.. BANG!!!

Never too old to relive your youth!!

Life is to short to carry a cheap knife!!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Pockets's Avatar
    Count me in as interested!
    Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    ive always wanted one, but im not a fan of VG10 and the Ti s30v versions are far outside my price range. So count me in!
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    I'm in !
    Blake

Listing of Blade-Length Laws by State/County (Not My Website)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Pretty good response so far, let's keep it going!
    Anyone actually own one of these bad boys?
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!! X 2, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    Most recently acquired: Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 2

Spyderco Forum Registered User AndrewDanielson's Avatar
    Ive always wanted an atr. Can we have them made in Golden?

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I'm in X2.

I don't own any. It was released before my time and, as noted earlier, is extraordinary expensive in all the variations I've come across.

But I'm definitely in...

-Zach

My favorite Spyderco of all time. I would buy another, maybe two. Need a new EDC.

Count me in as well. Would love to be able to afford one of these and have it as a daily user. Could dislodge the para 2 I carry most of the time these days.

Spyderco Forum Registered User 9blades's Avatar
    I'd buy one in a heart beat, I've liked the ATR since I first saw it.

Spyderco Forum Registered User M80's Avatar
    Compression lock A.T.R with grey G10 please

Spyderco Forum Registered User dgebler's Avatar
    I like the blade shape, but not so sure about the clip or handle style...but with G-10 and comp lock that changes things.
    Could you still call it an ATR without the cobra hood?

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    I'm in because I missed the originals. I would be happy with any configuration. Surprise us Sal.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Quote Originally Posted by M80 View Post
    Compression lock A.T.R with grey G10 please
    This was my thought exactly. We seem to be on the same page more often than not!

So... I don't really get this knife. I don't want a handle full of holes. The blade shape is interesting but the edge isn't all that different from more conventional spy dies like the PM2, it just has the belly a little farther forward. And the clip would need to be replaced with a modern hourglass clip.
    All God's critters have knives.

Quote Originally Posted by zhyla View Post
    So... I don't really get this knife. I don't want a handle full of holes. The blade shape is interesting but the edge isn't all that different from more conventional spy dies like the PM2, it just has the belly a little farther forward. And the clip would need to be replaced with a modern hourglass clip.
    From Spyderco's product description:

We precision machine a fistful of steel into a handle then drilled it full of holes. The holes lessen weight, doubling as indexing divots in order to rotate the folder from one grip position to another. A second set of holes machined from the contoured pocket clip line up with the handle's holes for balanced indexing. Curvy expansions on opposite ends of the handle flare outward into a choil and a pinky shelf insuring the hand remains gripped on the folder in any draw. Rated suitable for heavy or MBC-use, the Compression Lock is integrated, actually part of the handle scale. The VG-10 blade is hollow-ground with a sloping unsharpened swedge down the spine. As the tip sweeps down, the belly sweeps up to meet it, making a thick substantial tip for aggressive penetration and cutting. Seated above the Spyderco Round Hole is a Cobra Hood. While deploying the blade the thumb naturally positions itself under the overhang of the Cobra Hood properly positioning the thumb pad over the hole by feel (rapid deployment). Once opened, the textured Cobra Hood functions as a support/control seat for the thumb while cutting. Clip fastens into pre-tapped positioning holes for tip-up, left/right-hand carry. Discontinued Product - No Longer Available.

It's a self defence knife with edc qualities, in my mind anyway.

Oh yes, ATR with Ti handle, no cobra hood and deep wire clip definately would be a dream come true.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Brock O Lee's Avatar
    I will definitely get one!
    Hans

Tuff, Military (S90V, M4, S30V SE), Paramilitary 2 (20CP, M390, 204P), Gayle Bradley, Manix (LW S110V, M4), Forum Native 5, Caly 3 (ZDP, SB), Delica SB, Sage 2, Salt 1 SE, Dragonfly H1 SE
    South Fork, Mule Team (Elmax, S110V), Aqua Salt SE

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I like the cobra hood. I say keep it!