Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M390 Blue G-10 Paramilitary 2 will return... in 2014

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arjay18 View Post
    I agree Chuck, it will only matter to those whose sole intention on picking a couple up to flip their at some point at crazy prices. Oh! and those who needs to have something "limited edition" to make the feel special and satisfy their ego.
    Yep.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Spyder-fan's Avatar
    Someone mentioned that idea to Cutlery Shoppe and they said it's not happening.
    Wow, a chance to basically print money and they said no. Give someone else the rights to do another orange Para 2

Spyderco Forum Registered User FCM415's Avatar
    I think it is still up in the air with CS and an Orange PM2 second run... It is more about the Golden facility being backed up more than anything that is holding things back. Jeff also said he has a few things up his sleeve with Spyderco he wants to do, but again, the wait list for exclusives are long.
    Upcoming: N5 CF/S110v, N5 LWT, DragonFly SB, Marcin Slysz Bowie, Farid Mehr K2, Peter Carey Rubicon, Manix LWT S110v Blue, Gayle Bradley Fixed Blade, Phil Wilson Sprig, Mule Team 4V

(Some) Wishes: Native5 CHIEF, Sub 4 inch versions of the Mehr K2 and Carey Rubicon, More M4 and Use CPM-154!

Confirmed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    We have, in-the-works; a Phil Wilson B & T....sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User senorsquare's Avatar
    I'm glad they are doing another run of this knife as I might want to pick up another copy without having to pay and absurd price for it. Having recently acquired a Military I am really wishing they would do some more runs of the M390 and M4 versions of this knife too.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Titanium and CPM-M4 would be my grail.

I'm glad this exclusive is coming back, too. The first release was around quite a while but I was focusing my attention on other acquisitions. After a second release was announced I was intent on purchasing one but they disappeared relatively quickly that time (probably due to the general PM2 shortage across the entire market). I won't miss this third release (unless of course the Domino is issued at the same time)!!!
    I always did wonder why people were paying inflated prices for these on eBay when they were still available at BBS.
    PM2 20CP, PM2 XHP, PM2 204P, D4 ZDP-189, E4 ZDP-189, E4 Super Blue, Native 5 Fluted Ti, Military CruWear, Native 5 2013 Forum Knife

Is this only going to be a bentoboxshop exclusive again? I already have one but would like a second. The reason I ask is because I live in New York and bentoboxshop wont ship to NY, so I'm hoping a couple of dealers gets these.

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slvr01Stang View Post
    Is this only going to be a bentoboxshop exclusive again? I already have one but would like a second. The reason I ask is because I live in New York and bentoboxshop wont ship to NY, so I'm hoping a couple of dealers gets these.
    It was and will still be a BBS exclusive. No other dealers are going to have these.

Quote Originally Posted by Slvr01Stang View Post
    And also in my country! Sorry for what I'm going to say but I'm angry: why a knife can't be available for everyone?! Must I pay really more on ebay to have this Para?! It's not right for me... Sorry again, but this is my thought! And really I don't understand this choice!!!

Hey guys! I can't wait for this particular release because I missed out on the other two runs and the ebay prices are a joke. The Para 2 has become one of my favorite designs. It just works. I'll definitely be picking this one up

Quote Originally Posted by Pomelly View Post
    And also in my country! Sorry for what I'm going to say but I'm angry: why a knife can't be available for everyone?! Must I pay really more on ebay to have this Para?! It's not right for me... Sorry again, but this is my thought! And really I don't understand this choice!!!
    Because Bentoboxshop commissioned the M390 para2 plain and simple and they reserve the right to sell to who they choose to. They took all the risk investing in the run and thus has exclusivity to this particular iteration of the para2. Being from the Philippines, I too share your gripe about them not shipping international. You need to pay to play, no one is making you buy it. Also, no need to be angry, I'm sure some forumite would be willing to proxy for you.

Move to the States..Problem Solved

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    this makes me happy, makes it a lot easier to use the exclusives knowing they wont be as difficult to find if u lose or damage one
    Top Picks: Chaparral 2, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2, Ladybug 3

-----Dreaming of: M4 Bird & Trout collaboration with Phil Wilson-----

-Spencer

Don't be angry, it is the 3rd run so Spyderco will probably have the good idea to make an M390 ParaM2 as a sprint run in a near future...or regular production.
    I don't like much the ParaM2 for it's blade (cutting edge length) to handle ratio and above all for it's blade shape, I would much prefer an M390 PPT or fix blade knife. Hopefully there is going to be a K390 mule team to play with.
    | C10PGRE Endura 4 | C28GPFG Dragonfly | C36TIP Military | C41GP5 Native 5 | C54GPBN Calypso | C65CFP Lum Chinese | C90GFPD Strectch | C94TIP UK Penknife | C113GPGY Caly 3 | C122GPBL Tenacious | C123TIP Sage 2 | C126GPFG Rock Lobster | C135GP Perrin PPT | C136GPBL Persistence | C144CFPE Caly 3.5 | C163PBK Pingo | C164GPBN Nilakka || MT16P MT17P MT18P Mule Team |

Because Bentoboxshop commissioned the M390 para2 plain and simple and they reserve the right to sell to who they choose to. They took all the risk investing in the run and thus has exclusivity to this particular iteration of the para2. Being from the Philippines, I too share your gripe about them not shipping international. You need to pay to play, no one is making you buy it. Also, no need to be angry, I'm sure some forumite would be willing to proxy for you.
    Good idea! Volunteers wanted Someone want to help me?
    And Philo Beddoe, I would like, but I think is too late for me for a change like this... I saw on Google earth the place where I would like to live: Spyderco Avenue, Golden, Colorado

but it appears to be confirmed based on the website update:
    Prooflink pls, can not find.

Spyderco Forum Registered User 78lilred's Avatar
    I see its a slight necro bump but theres no pix in this thread...

Still enjoying my first run one.

M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.

I remain utterly confused by anything sprint related and CS...

Quote Originally Posted by twinboysdad View Post
    I remain utterly confused by anything sprint related and CS...
    It's an exclusive, not a sprint

If you are more specific about what confuses you, perhaps someone will be able to explain it well.

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    Exactly. Cutlery Shoppe doesn't enter into this...and because it's an exclusive and going into a second (or is it third?) run, there won't be any CC knives this round.