Thread: Difficculty posting

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Difficculty posting

Any reason why it often takes many attempts to get a single message posted? Each time when it happens it spins its wheels for a long time as though processing and I finally get an error message either saying the page can not be displayed or one saying I can only post one message every 30 seconds and I wait the allotted time, try again and the same thing happens. Eventually it posts or I give up and try again later or give up entirely. It doesn't happen on any other web site. Is there forum server down at certain times of the night and I'm trying to post at those times? I can still view anywhere at anytime; it only happens if I'm trying to make a post.

Hmm.. no our servers don't shut down. I haven't heard any other reports from anyone having the issue so it's possible it's something on your end. Your post count is beyond the spam filter check so that shouldn't be causing any issues either. If it continues please let us know and include the time of your attempted post and I can have our webmaster check for any errors on the servers at that time.
    There is nothing more important than this one day.

Thanks. Will do.

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    FWIW, I've gotten the "page cannot be displayed" and the "30 seconds between posts" error messages when trying to post early in the AM (4-5AM Eastern) both here and on BladeForums. However, I figured out a while back that if I simply open the forum in another tab or browser, I find that my initial reply did post successfully.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

I had tried many times over and over in a new tab as well (it hadn't posted), but didn't try another browser. I tried about 15-20 times overall and was getting pretty frustrated. My replies never posted successfully until I gave up, waited an hour or two and came back and then that post and subsequent posts went through right away. Another day at a similar time of night it took a half dozen tries but then went through. A couple others I believe also in the wee hours took 2 or 3 tries.