Thread: Knife Display Cases

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Knife Display Cases

With my knives scattered in drawers throughout the house, my wife asked me "Can't you find a nice knife display case?"

I would say that I have [will have] about 30-50 knives in my collection.

All ideas and vendor links welcomed?

Thanks.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    I really like the pelican case option for secure storage and ease of access. The wooden mechanics chests are nice, but also bulky and cumbersome. What were you looking for specifically?
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    I really like the pelican case option for secure storage and ease of access. The wooden mechanics chests are nice, but also bulky and cumbersome. What were you looking for specifically?
    The pelican cases are great for security - I was thinking some more decorative with a glass top, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by shaolinbill View Post
    The pelican cases are great for security - I was thinking some more decorative with a glass top, etc.
    If I had the space and the freedom to do as I please, I would have a shadowbox or humidor coffee table that would allow me to arrange and display my knives for all to see. I may do this one day when my children are grown, but it is not safe for now.

My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

That is beautiful noseoil!
    My 's:

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User defenestrate's Avatar
    Very nice.

I am inclined to probably make something fairly primitive, in stone and wood, and maybe a little metal - those opening holes are excellent for threading a bike lock, strong cord, or other item through so as to keep them secure.
    I don't get mad. I get..Stabby.
    -Fat Tony

I have a few of these cases http://www.customdisplays.com/knife-display-cases.html
    This is one of the 18x24x2 cases full of some Microtechs

micro 004a by bladerunnr40, on Flickr
    "Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace."
    - Milan Kundera

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    I use shadow boxes, which I found in "Home goods" store. Each is under $20.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

Love thaot microtech collection you wanna sell one of those llc.or mtx?jay knives has a couple of knife cases.

Spyderco Forum Registered User LC Kid's Avatar

Thumbs up

This is simply awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by bh49 View Post

Stay Sharp!

Question- for a shadow-box that is going to hang on the wall, how do you hold the knives in place? Are they easily removable if you want to select one to carry?

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Kid View Post
    This is simply awesome!
    thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bdblue View Post
    Question- for a shadow-box that is going to hang on the wall, how do you hold the knives in place? Are they easily removable if you want to select one to carry?
    Set-up is simple and easy.
    Shadow boxes have hardware on the back the same like frames, which allow to hang them on the wall. If they don't, you can buy it in home depot along with hooks which go to the wall. To hold knives I use tailor pins. One through Spyderhole, one through laneyard hole, if such present and one or two to support underneath. Easy to take out.
    Good luck,
    R
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters