Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Firearms Lovers speak, post, share your favorite pistols

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Commendatore View Post
    When boar hunting I take a S&W 686 Plus with me, don`t want to have 20 rounds in the magazine and a stuck slide with a big pig around
    I have a SW 686 myself, but don't have a problem carrying a Glock when I am out
    and about in the woods. I have spied a Mt Lion on my property and never worry about
    the slide sticking if the cat or anything else decided to visit while I was fixing fence.

What if there are more critters than 6 can take care of.

But you're not alone in your opinion. I love the 686, I have it ready in the house in
    case the wife (or I) needs to get to it quick. I trust our lives to it as well.
    Last edited by BAL; 05-21-2013 at 04:14 AM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3f8's Avatar
    TC Contender 4x Leupold. Military Ti. Good friends.
    cmti2.jpg
    Last edited by 3f8; 05-20-2013 at 07:22 PM.

and lovers
    swmmti.jpg
    Last edited by 3f8; 05-20-2013 at 07:23 PM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3f8 View Post
    TC Contender 4x Leupold. Military Ti. Good friends.
    That's not one you see everyday. What is it chambered in?
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawks, D'fly (H1,G-10), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V[2],XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleaf, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Caly (JR's,3,3.5-SB), D3, Para-2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescue, Dyad Jr, Pingo, Southard, AIR, Jess Horn, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II
    Mules> MT05,08,09,12,15,16,17, 18

*Landon*

The contender barrel is interchangeable. This one is 22LR. You can go up. 4570 GOV if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by 3f8 View Post
    The contender barrel is interchangeable. This one is 22LR. You can go up. 4570 GOV if you wish.
    I am familiar with the contender, just couldn't read the caliber written on your barrel. Thanks for sharing.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawks, D'fly (H1,G-10), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V[2],XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleaf, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Caly (JR's,3,3.5-SB), D3, Para-2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescue, Dyad Jr, Pingo, Southard, AIR, Jess Horn, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User raven's Avatar

Take Very Good Care and Be safe Always .

God Bless

-raven-
    ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.

Raven,

That's a Jericho pistol right? How do they shoot? Is it a light single action trigger like a 1911?
    My 's:

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    Raven,

That's a Jericho pistol right? How do they shoot? Is it a light single action trigger like a 1911?
    I've shot a few of those baby eagles, the single action is like most single actions maybe 3.5-4 pounds trigger weight. The Jerichos are pretty nice when the trigger is well broken in though. Very smooth but still heavy unless you do a trigger job and change out the mainsprings.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jolfe's Avatar
    Hi, all. This is my first post and a great chance to show you my favorite gun, bought yesterday, together with my favorite knife, bought 3 days ago.
    Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jolfe; 05-29-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Business casual is an airweight S&W in a pocket holster. Night outings and more anticipated shady possibilities are a Sig 232 with nite sites carried AIWB with a reload. I tried carrying evrything from a Diddle Eye Joe to Damned if I know and these are what I ended up with. Glock 17,19, 26 all would work and Sig 239 is a good weapon as well. These were the weapons I owned when I had twins and got gun poor

Quote Originally Posted by Jolfe View Post
    Hi, all. This is my first post and a great chance to show you my favorite gun, bought yesterday, together with my favorite knife, bought 3 days ago.
    Thank you!

DSC05762 Very Small.jpg
    Welcome Jolfe. Nice combo there. I am a Glock fan myself, there are several of us here
    that carry Glocks. That looks like a G17. Any trouble getting ammo in Indiana.

Spyderco Forum Registered User raven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    Raven,

Hey... Sorry for the late response . Yes, that's a Jericho 941 double action pistol with a SS barrel and polygonal rifling. One of the best pistols I've ever owned. Heavy as a brick and crazy accurate .

While on-duty I carried an HK USP 9mm for about 7 years and later switched it out for my Baby Eagle/UZI Eagle (when it was distributed by Mossberg) and later the Baby Eagle/Jericho (distributed by KBI) with the accessory rail and also used it while on a ERT. Amazing weapon and have full confidence in using it. I'd put it against any other brand out there without hesitation... but, that's just me . Take Very Good Care and Be Safe Always.

God Bless

-raven-
    ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    I've been into firearms for as long as I can remember. These are two of my current favorite pistols:

My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbelleh View Post
    I've been into firearms for as long as I can remember. These are two of my current favorite pistols:

Is that the squeeze cock HK? Never saw one in the flesh...

Yes, that one is the P7M13. It's an incredible shooter. Extremely accurate, thanks to the fixed barrel. A very nice, crisp, single action trigger. Fast mag changes (on slide lock, after ejecting the mag and inserting a new one, squeezing the front strap drops the slide, chambers the round and cocks the striker). The only downside is it gets extremely hot around the trigger area after a few mags of fast shooting, due to the gas piston. Great guns, and some very impressive engineering under the grips. I also find it interesting that if you squeeze and hold the trigger, then squeeze the front strap, it will fire. So you can use the squeeze cocker as a sort of double action trigger.

A very interesting pistol, but for carry, I prefer smaller guns, usually a Kahr PM9 with a Seecamp .380 backup.

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Nice to see another HK aficionado!

Yes, I'm an HK fan.

Currently: P9S, MKE-94k, USP .45c, P7M13, P7 PSP

I have a few as well. They're all great to shoot.

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BAL View Post
    Any trouble getting ammo in Indiana?
    Yes! Getting ammo around here is pretty crazy. For instance, my wife and I frequently visit our local Gander Mountain and are amazed (and saddened) to see the ammo shelves nearly empty week after week. Sure, you can still purchase a lot of centerfire ammo pretty easily (e.g. 7mm, .30-06, .270), as well as shotgun rounds, but trying to find 9mm, .380, .45, .357--or even .22's, is nearly impossible. Most stores around here, including Wal-Mart, have a two box limit on most ammo. It doesn't take but a few hours for most of the pistol ammo to sell out entirely. Doesn't look like we'll be doing much shooting this summer, unfortunately. May have to start re-loading from scratch again just to have some ammo on hand.
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi