Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Firearms Lovers speak, post, share your favorite pistols

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    No worries, in another couple of months it will loosen up again. Our LGS was selling 5.56 (or trying to) for $30 a box for 20 rounds at the peak of the demand. Told them they could keep it! We're still in good shape for now, but not doing as much practice as I did last year. It's like money in the bank, you just can't have too much.

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbelleh View Post
    Yes, that one is the P7M13. It's an incredible shooter. Extremely accurate, thanks to the fixed barrel. A very nice, crisp, single action trigger. Fast mag changes (on slide lock, after ejecting the mag and inserting a new one, squeezing the front strap drops the slide, chambers the round and cocks the striker). The only downside is it gets extremely hot around the trigger area after a few mags of fast shooting, due to the gas piston. Great guns, and some very impressive engineering under the grips. I also find it interesting that if you squeeze and hold the trigger, then squeeze the front strap, it will fire. So you can use the squeeze cocker as a sort of double action trigger.

A very interesting pistol, but for carry, I prefer smaller guns, usually a Kahr PM9 with a Seecamp .380 backup.
    Thanks! That is interesting. If you have a loaded chamber and you let go of the squeeze cocker(?), say to holster, what happens? Does the gun "uncock"?
    I always heard that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, but then you catch even more flies with poop

http://sharpthings.net/chat

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45696

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    Yes, it safely decocks whenever the grip is un-squeezed.
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

I see. So if you then squeeze it again, is the chambered round ejected?
    I always heard that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, but then you catch even more flies with poop

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    No, once a round is chambered, squeezing only cocks the striker. Unsqueezing then decocks it. If the slide is locked back, squeezing releases the slide.
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

No, once a round is chambered, squeezing only cocks the striker. Unsqueezing then decocks it. If the slide is locked back, squeezing releases the slide.
    Thanks, that is a very interesting pistol.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Monocrom's Avatar
    Yes, I'm an HK fan.

Currently: P9S, MKE-94k, USP .45c, P7M13, P7 PSP
    I just fainted.

Those are gorgeous!
    "The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

-John Cleese-

Spyderco Forum Registered User racer88's Avatar
    FNP-45 Tactical is my favorite.

Spyderco Forum Registered User jmh58's Avatar
    S&W MP Compact .40.. It goes where I go.. John
    A great rabbit chase ends with a.. BANG!!!

Never too old to relive your youth!!

Life is to short to carry a cheap knife!!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Yoko von der Rasierklinge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raven View Post
    Hey... Sorry for the late response . Yes, that's a Jericho 941 double action pistol with a SS barrel and polygonal rifling. One of the best pistols I've ever owned. Heavy as a brick and crazy accurate .

While on-duty I carried an HK USP 9mm for about 7 years and later switched it out for my Baby Eagle/UZI Eagle (when it was distributed by Mossberg) and later the Baby Eagle/Jericho (distributed by KBI) with the accessory rail and also used it while on a ERT. Amazing weapon and have full confidence in using it. I'd put it against any other brand out there without hesitation... but, that's just me . Take Very Good Care and Be Safe Always.

God Bless

-raven-
    Excellent! I have the same steel railed Jericho, but I had the factory curved trigger switched out for a Henning flat bar lever. One of my favorites for sure out of my collection.

Spyderco Forum Registered User eitenbuffalo34's Avatar
    My first pistol CZ 75 BD

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Psi of Phi Kappa Tau. Hoorah Phi Tau. Psi or Die.

's: Paramilitary 2 Satin Camo, Caly 3.5 Carbon Fiber, Translucent Blue Manix, Pacific Salt SE, Tenacious, and Paramilitary 2 M390 Blue

's Awaiting: Gayle Bradley, Native 4, Military, Endura, Delica

Spyderco Forum Registered User Monocrom's Avatar
    A very nice first gun.
    "The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

-John Cleese-

Spyderco Forum Registered User Yoko von der Rasierklinge's Avatar
    Agreed, fantastic first gun!
    Lovin the mix of CZ's and CZ clones (baby eagles) in this thread.
    ...now someone just needs to post a pic of their Tanfoglio Witness!

I own a Glock 17, 19, and 26 and I will take the Glock 9mm hands down over anything made. I have owned pretty much every kind of hand gun worth taking a look at and the Glocks are what I ended up with in the end

Quote Originally Posted by RanCoWeAla View Post
    I own a Glock 17, 19, and 26 and I will take the Glock 9mm hands down over anything made. I have owned pretty much every kind of hand gun worth taking a look at and the Glocks are what I ended up with in the end
    I'm with you dude. I have a G22 and a G19, thinking of a G26.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Gunslinger's Avatar
    My new Kimber Compact Stainless II with new Cocobolo grips and magwell. Also put some night sight on her.

My favorite would be a Glock 17 with Glock light and built in laser, night sights, 33 round magazine loaded with Cor-Bon 115 grain +p hollowpoints.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    My new Kimber Compact Stainless II with new Cocobolo grips and magwell. Also put some night sight on her.
    If you decide those sights are not for you, I know where you can get rid of great stainless guns. See my page for email contact info...
    Seriously, that is a great looking piece.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User Gunslinger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    If you decide those sights are not for you, I know where you can get rid of great stainless guns. See my page for email contact info...
    Seriously, that is a great looking piece.
    LOL Thank you, but I think I'll keep her.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck_roxas45 View Post
    Thanks, that is a very interesting pistol.
    THey're very nic epistols - just wear gloves if you plan on shooting more than two mags through, especially the double stacks. Suckers get HOT really quickly.