Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Firearms Lovers speak, post, share your favorite pistols

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BAL View Post
    One huge thing to think about though, especially now, is ammo. 9mm is more available and cheaper.
    I can also find better deals on 50 box 9mm or even bulk. Or should I say that I "used" to be able to
    find deals. Lately I can't find much of anything, including 22.

To me th emain thing is to get something that makes "you" happy, nit anyone on here or your
    best friend, or dad, or brother, or the guy at the gun shop. It's your money and you are the one
    carrying and shooting it...and buying ammo for the rest of its life.
    It has been fairly easy going here. I have been able to find 45 acp and 357 sig in most gun shops I frequent. I was prepared for this with lots of stock in 22, , 40 and 45 as well as 20 and 12 guage shotshells.

The 40 caliber has always felt a bit snappy in my hand, but I can manage it and from my carbine exerts similar ballistics to a 357 magnum from a 6" barrel. What really makes me happy is shooting steel with my 1911.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User Kev83's Avatar
    I'm not a huge gun guy but I do own a few firearms. The gun I like the most is actually a very cheap piece. It's an old H&R revolver chambered in .32 S&W. I like it not for its monetary value, which is very little, but it was the last gun I shot with my father before he passed last year which subsequently became mine after his passing. Ill probably always keep it for that reason alone.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    G19 of course...

Quote Originally Posted by Henry - get both View Post
    G19 of course...
    Very nice, much respect for the threaded barrels!
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Have you noticed a difference between the KKM barrel and the factory one? Was the APEX extractor replaced out of necessity on your part, or a 'gee whiz' part?

Same recoil, point of impact, accuracy, reliability, velocity, etc,,, as far as I can tell. The KKM fits in the slide a little tighter but doesn't feel any different when pulling the slide back. Im very happy with it. I should have a suppressor to put on it before too long.

I bought the APEX out of necessity. It has worked beautifully. I went from having a stovepipe malfunction in every 50 shots to having what seems like Glock reliability. Before the apex it didn't work with anything from federal champion to buffalo bore +p+. I would much prefer to have my "working parts" stock on any gun.

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Student's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry - get both View Post
    I should have a suppressor to put on it before too long.
    What suppressor(s) are your considering, or have already purchased. I have been having a hard time choosing as it is a big purchase with no guarantee of actually receiving it. Right now I'm torn between the AAC ti-rant and a YHM cobra m2 the cheaper being the latter. My local dealer has also been trying to persuade me to buy a cheaper suppressor that they already have in their shop, not sure what it is.

Take a look at the Osprey. It can be used with the factory sights, as it isn't a simple "can" type but is actually off-line with the axis of the bore. Silencerco is a great company to deal with. http://www.silencerco.com/?section=Products&page=Osprey

I have an Osprey in impound still and hope to have it this year, but with the current climate, it's taking a fair amount of time at the local level to clear and get where it needs to go.

Im waiting on an Osprey 9. From the right dealer they are $675. Go with that or the ti-rant. The price differences are a bit swamped out by the $200 tax stamp. Its kind of a "well your already taking a bath" situation. Especially since you have to wait 9 months for something you've already payed for.

The only problem with the osprey is that it protrudes too far down on some guns keeping you from being able to put on a pistol light.

this is different. les Baer commander with a tussey stealth comp.

different view.

Spyderco Forum Registered User IrishSpyder22's Avatar
    I have my Ohio CCW and I carry whenever it's legal. Most of the time I carry my springfield XDS .45. When I want to go with something a little smaller and lighter I carry my Kahr CM9, I really love my Kahr! When I want really small I carry my Sig Sauer p238 for such a small gun it shoots great!

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    I like the zombie-theme on your P-238, Irish. I didn't know Sig had that variation available. (Although I shouldn't be too surprised; seems like they have about 20+ different variations of the P-238 available now!)
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by arnold ziffle View Post
    different view.
    So stunning, I have a soft spot for 1911's
    My 's:

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User IrishSpyder22's Avatar
    Thanks Spydernut! I found that at a local gun shop and had to have it.

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    ^^^ Heh heh. I know what you mean. Sometimes the zombie-themed guns and knives really catch the eye.
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Spyderco Forum Registered User Gunslinger's Avatar
    This is my G23 gen3. It has TruGlow Fiberoptic/Tritium green front and yellow rear sights. Best sights ever IMO.
    Most people think that Glocks are fugly but I love the look of the compacts and sub compacts.

My next firearm purchase will be a Kimber stainless Pro TLE 2 and the first thing I am going to do is put some beautiful redwood grips on it. I love 1911s and really love the Commander size 1911s.
    One day I will own an Ed Brown Kobra Carry, That is my dream gun.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Doc Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    Do you feel you get adequate grip without the pinky magazine extension ?
    I do with mine. If you think about it, the old Colt single action forced most people to put their small finger under the bottom of the grip and no one ever complained. It shoots great in 9mm. I have a Hip Clip on mine and Lumiglow tritium front sight (it has tritium and phosphorescent insert you can enhance with your flashlight. Bright as the moon at night).
    NRA Life Member

Until we meet again, may the good Lord take a liking to you.
    (Roy Rogers)

When boar hunting I take a S&W 686 Plus with me, don`t want to have 20 rounds in the magazine and a stuck slide with a big pig around

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    One day I will own an Ed Brown Kobra Carry, That is my dream gun.
    Aluminum frame...