Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Firearms Lovers speak, post, share your favorite pistols

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Acquired a taste for these recently.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Gunslinger's Avatar
    My summer carry is a Ruger LCP and my normal carry is a G23 gen3.
    My next purchase will be a Kimber stainless pro tle.

Quote Originally Posted by noseoil View Post
    Acquired a taste for these recently.
    Does it have the LEM as well?

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar

I sold this recently and I'm still kicking myself over it.

I always heard that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, but then you catch even more flies with poop

http://sharpthings.net/chat

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45696

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck_roxas45 View Post
    I saw this earlier today on Tumblr and I knew it was one of your photos. Thanks for sharing Chuck!
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    I saw this earlier today on Tumblr and I knew it was one of your photos. Thanks for sharing Chuck!
    I'm honored that you like it X.
    I always heard that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, but then you catch even more flies with poop

http://sharpthings.net/chat

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45696

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Student's Avatar
    Firearms are my first love, Spydercos are a relatively new passion of mine. Lately I have been tracking down late 70's early 80's Sigs, and a first gen Glock 17. But my favorite would have to be the good old 1911. Kimber super match is my comp gun and it has done me well.

Jeep, yes, this is the V1 lem, about 4.5# in single action. Have a green laser, light & night sights.Have this one and a couple of others. Really enjoy the reliability, engineering and run for ever aspects, as well as off the shelf accuracy.

The P30L w/ LEM in9mm is my favorite HK - I just can't afford it, or justify the prices of the gear that's associated with them. Excellent pistols to say the least, argueably amongst the best for production pistols.

I am a Glock fan, have a 26 and 19. The 26 is always will me.
    The 19 is set up in my truck always ready. I like that the the Glock
    mags can swap, I guess I should pick up a 33round to toss in the 26.

I'll add the my Beretta 92 FS Inox (stainless steel) on my side
    at times or pocket an LCP. I have to give kudo's to the ole
    SW 686 357 magnum, it's locked and loaded in a Gun Vault
    finger release vault ready for action if need be.

Do you feel you get adequate grip without the pinky magazine extension ?
    Yes I do--- I don't have huge mitts though. I shoot the stock mag base just as well as a pinky extension. That being said, I don't practice super long range shooting. I am sure the pinky extension might make a difference at that point.
    -Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
    -Wicked Edge

I carry the Glock 26 as well without an extension due to the conceal factor, but my spare mag
    is a 12 and I have the mag cover that makes it feel like a 19. However, I find it very comfortable
    to have the pinky wrapped underneath. I actually saw on one the many gun shows that I
    watch or read in one of the many gun mags that I get where someone was going over the
    benefits of using the underneath pinky to balance the gun. I can’t recall where I saw this,
    but found it interesting, because I feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by rg02 View Post
    Yes I do--- I don't have huge mitts though. I shoot the stock mag base just as well as a pinky extension. That being said, I don't practice super long range shooting. I am sure the pinky extension might make a difference at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by BAL View Post
    I carry the Glock 26 as well without an extension due to the conceal factor, but my spare mag
    is a 12 and I have the mag cover that makes it feel like a 19. However, I find it very comfortable
    to have the pinky wrapped underneath. I actually saw on one the many gun shows that I
    watch or read in one of the many gun mags that I get where someone was going over the
    benefits of using the underneath pinky to balance the gun. I canít recall where I saw this,
    but found it interesting, because I feel the same.
    I only ask because I am planning to purchase a Glock gen 4 or an M&P Pro eventually. I know the full size vs. compact really makes my question irrelevant, but I have a short reach and normally find the Glock grip to bulky. If I get one without the interchangeable backstraps, I may have to get a custom mod done. The 21SF was not so bad in my hand, but I was also able to wrap all four fingers around. This could have made the difference.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

You'd be suprized at the minimal difference between the fullsize and compact M&P's. Go full size.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    You'd be suprized at the minimal difference between the fullsize and compact M&P's. Go full size.
    I have a great option for concealed carry, I think I am going to get the 5" barrel model like below.

OR THIS

My 's:

*Landon*

Personally speaking, the .45 M&P is probably the best sub 600 buck .45acp out there. I've shot and enjoy red dot pistols, and I'm sure its cheaper to get it that way from the factory, but the long slide 9's have had locking block issues (not sure if the .40's ever had) - something to consider.

I used to run a 5" 9mm M&P, and it was awesome until it couldn't group a papaer plate at 30 yards. Carried it daily too.

Personally speaking, the .45 M&P is probably the best sub 600 buck .45acp out there. I've shot and enjoy red dot pistols, and I'm sure its cheaper to get it that way from the factory, but the long slide 9's have had locking block issues (not sure if the .40's ever had) - something to consider.

I used to run a 5" 9mm M&P, and it was awesome until it couldn't group a papaer plate at 30 yards. Carried it daily too.
    I have never been a fan of 9mm personally. I have owned both 40 S&W as well as 45 ACP in pistol and carbine configurations. The M&P felt great in hand and I think the features make it top of the class for value.
    My 's:

*Landon*

I really hate .40S&W. I shoot .45ACP a bit better than 9mm typically speaking, but generally speaking I'll get 4-8 more rounds by going with a 9mm over a .45 with the trade off being a little less performance going through intermediate barriers (like auto windshields). I'll take that trade.

I guess that it depends on how you are going to use it. I agree that there isn't a great
    difference in feel, but there is a slight weght difference. THe main difference to me
    is the size if you are going to conceal.

It's funny how a little bit of size difference can make a huge difference in concealability.
    I can carry the Glock 26 and it is unnoticeable, where the Glock 19 slide is a bit longer as
    is the grip which can stick out just enough to print.

It's no issue in the winter, but summer time can be a different issue. It would be the same
    issue with a Glock or M&P. I guess the "knife" answer would be to get both.
    to

I have never been a fan of 9mm personally. I have owned both 40 S&W as well as 45 ACP in pistol and carbine configurations. The M&P felt great in hand and I think the features make it top of the class for value.
    One huge thing to think about though, especially now, is ammo. 9mm is more available and cheaper.
    I can also find better deals on 50 box 9mm or even bulk. Or should I say that I "used" to be able to
    find deals. Lately I can't find much of anything, including 22.

To me th emain thing is to get something that makes "you" happy, nit anyone on here or your
    best friend, or dad, or brother, or the guy at the gun shop. It's your money and you are the one
    carrying and shooting it...and buying ammo for the rest of its life.