Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manix 2 XL Black Blade???

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar

Manix 2 XL Black Blade???

Any word on the release of this? I've been waiting for this one to be my first manix.
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!! X 2, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 2
    Grail: A.T.R.

Nothing?
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!! X 2, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    Most recently acquired: Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 2

Spyderco Forum Registered User DRKBC's Avatar
    I haven't been following it, I must admit I thought it was out. I just bought the regular Manix 2 all black from S&R and I have to say it is well worth waiting for the all black.

Is it ffg?

Spyderco Forum Registered User DRKBC's Avatar
    Nope G10 like the XL. This isn't my photo but the one in the middle below the XL, I held out for the one with the black button.

I was talking about the blade. Full flat ground, I guess it wasn't. Nice to see the hardware is black too though.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Zenith's Avatar
    Image from knifecenter:

Only up for pre-order.
    "If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive"
    "the perfect knife is the one in your hand, you should just learn how to use it."
    If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all

My Youtube knife use videos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/mwvanwyk/videos
    Knife makers directory: http://www.knifemakersdirectory.com/

Which brings us back to...has anybody heard when it might be released?

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Oly up for pre-order. As far as I know there is nothing set or nothing that I have seen.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Fresh Eddie Fresh's Avatar
    I have been using my black Manix2s a bunch recently... I like that the black blades seem to draw less attention. Originally I thought the opposite, that the black blades would look too high speed, but they are a lot less flashy in real word usage (I live in a city.)

I preorderd mine the begining of Feb., sent bladehq an email about it and this is what I got, "Unfortunately we do not yet have an accurate ETA on that knife, but I have been told to expect it sometime around the end of this summer."

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Eddie Fresh View Post
    I have been using my black Manix2s a bunch recently... I like that the black blades seem to draw less attention. Originally I thought the opposite, that the black blades would look too high speed, but they are a lot less flashy in real word usage (I live in a city.)
    I have been trying to drive home this point for a few years. I believe there's a mental connection between the reflection of a blade and the fear that a knife creates, and the black blades tend to ease this. It's easy to assume that being black it would be more menacing, but I found that carrying and using my black Para 2 drew a lot less attention than the satin bladed Para 2 that it replaced.

As for the DLC Manix 2 XL, that might have to be a future purchase.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Bah. That's disappointing. There is a chart in a sprint run thread that says April/May release. Now I don't know who to believe.

Evil D. I'm 50/50 on which is more threatening looking. But your post made me think about just how much I think about what others perceive to be scary or overkill etc where blades are concerned. I'm going to try really hard not to give a s&@$! anymore. Which will be nice I think. I carry a second less offensive spydie on me for just such an occasion. Maybe it's time to give it up lol.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Cobra View Post
    Evil D. I'm 50/50 on which is more threatening looking. But your post made me think about just how much I think about what others perceive to be scary or overkill etc where blades are concerned. I'm going to try really hard not to give a s&@$! anymore. Which will be nice I think. I carry a second less offensive spydie on me for just such an occasion. Maybe it's time to give it up lol.
    Just think about any slasher horror movie you've ever seen, how many times have you seen that blade reflecting light into the camera? When you think of blades/razors/chainsaw teeth/spikes/etc, you don't think of them as being black and subdued, you think of them as being chrome and glistening in the light. If nothing else I'm sold just on the fact that black draws less attention, and less attention means less threatening.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

I'm sold. You're totally right lol. I went to freaking film school. Why didn't I think of that!

In stock here and mine just shipped from bladehq

http://www.gpknives.com/spydercomanix2xlblack.html

Mine is on its way I lve it

Spyderco Forum Registered User Fresh Eddie Fresh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    Just think about any slasher horror movie you've ever seen, how many times have you seen that blade reflecting light into the camera? When you think of blades/razors/chainsaw teeth/spikes/etc, you don't think of them as being black and subdued, you think of them as being chrome and glistening in the light. If nothing else I'm sold just on the fact that black draws less attention, and less attention means less threatening.
    So very true... silver also instantly communicates "steel" whereas black might also be plastic or rubber or something.

Why does the DLC option cost $30 on this model?
    It's only about a $15 option on the Paramilitary series, and about $10-15 for the full size military.