Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Your Patina!

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Good, that last statement sounds crazy to me. Super blue stains from cutting up one steak, it stains from the oil on my hands. It stains pretty darn easily!
    I agree that blood will turn Superblue faster than almost anything else (in my experience). I saw rust spots on the exposed portion of the caly the other day after it spent a few hours in my pocket while I was out in the rain working. Just what protruded above the handle. I had a patina on it, but apparently it wasn't developed enough. I told you that to tell you this. I stripped the rust off and polished to a fine satin shine, then started the patina over again. This is the result after cutting about 14oz. worth of steak.

My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Woodworking outside today and the lighting was too perfect not to take advantage of.

My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    super blue still proving it doesn't really want to keep any patina going for me. this has been in my pocket since it was released. it gets covered in chemicals, sweat, food, blood, etc every day.
    my latest hypothesis why it remains nearly stain free is because I cut up dozens of yards of cardboard a say, and any light staining that forms is quickly abraded off.

Still developing. The forwatd portion is now almost completely grey. I use no protectant on the blade. I cut food and other materials daily. I really don't see what all this "high maintnance" talk is about with regards to Superblue. Use it, love it, sharpen it, use it more.

My 's:

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User bearfacedkiller's Avatar
    It isn't a spydie but it is CPM D2/14C28N and when I got it they were both the same color. I use it every day to cut up fruit on lunch break and the D2 has gotten very dark. I just got a Millie in CruWear so if it starts to patina I'll get pics.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Very nice bear
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Thanks!

There isn't a single CruWear pic in this thread. It should be less stainless than D2, right? I am going to use mine a bunch in the next few weeks. We'll see.

Can't wait to see it!
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User phillipsted's Avatar
    My laminated SB Delica is beginning to show the barest traces of a patina. The really cool part is seeing a little patina line forming on the spine between the layers of cladding.

TedP

Spyderco Forum Registered User Minibear453's Avatar
    Carry a sharp knife, and life will never be dull

My laminated super blue developed a patina almost instantly.

The spine patina. You can see it in the second photo above fairly well too. I dropped my camera and have been forced to use my phone lately. Sorry for the bad pics.

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Awesome photos guys!

-Spencer

The Honda with almost 400K miles has some patina to it as well.
    My 's:

*Landon*

-Spencer

That didn't take long Spencer!
    My 's:

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User ourgon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    That didn't take long Spencer!
    Nope! love me some patina
    Isn't it weird how it went up the laminated section?

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User Rwb1500's Avatar
    Anybody have a Super Blue Ladybug with a patina yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbcad View Post
    Change is the only constant...

...Quite enjoyable and satifsying to have the number of knives decrease but the sharpness of the edges increase. The eternal quest for least resistance

Enjoy your edges folks