Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Show Your Patina!

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Cobra View Post
    This patina was achieved so far from cutting apples, peaches and plums. I quite like it.
    I have not tried the sweeter fruits with mine. Perhaps I will use one of my unused 1095 traditionals on some sweeter stuff.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Patina on Air

Spyderco Forum Registered User Cameron's Avatar
    Manix2 CPM-M4
    Assist VG-10 Dodo CPM S30V Endura4 VG-10 Manix2 CTS-XHP, CPM-Cruwear, CPM-M4, CPM-S110V, CPM-S30V, CTS-BD1, 154CM Manix2 XL CPM-S30V
    Native CPM-S30V Para-Military2 CTS-204P, CPM-S30V Sage3 CPM-S30V Tasman Salt H1 Temperance2 VG-10 Yojimbo CPM-S30V Yojimbo2 CPM-S30V

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench, SE SuperHawk
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench, Black ZDP Caly Jr.
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    I cut up some Steak on the weekend. It took a little processing for it to show up. It's a pretty faint patina.

-Brian
    A distinguished lurker. Waiting on a Squeak, Pingo, and Cliptools with a Split Spring!
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    I cut up some Steak on the weekend. It took a little processing for it to show up. It's a pretty faint patina.
    Nice!
    I haven't been able to get my CruWear Millie to stain at all. Used it at a BBQ to cut up some hot dogs, sausages and cheese and nothing. I'm really liking it as a steel though, takes a nice edge and holds it well. All the cutting at the BBQ was done on top of the actual barbeque and after there was no visible damage, and it still shaved.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    Nice!
    I haven't been able to get my CruWear Millie to stain at all. Used it at a BBQ to cut up some hot dogs, sausages and cheese and nothing. I'm really liking it as a steel though, takes a nice edge and holds it well. All the cutting at the BBQ was done on top of the actual barbeque and after there was no visible damage, and it still shaved.
    That's cool.

I used the factory edge to cut it, and the edge seemed to wear a bit. It felt tougher to cut near the end. It was marinated in something sweet, I imagine the blood and sugar both did their work on the blade. It's pretty sharp now, I'll pay attention to the edge retention. Also, the EDGE could have been corroding because of what I was cutting.

It was maybe 20 or so cuts through a 1" thick piece of meat. I was cutting it in 1/4" thick slices so that everyone could eat it.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker. Waiting on a Squeak, Pingo, and Cliptools with a Split Spring!
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Manix 2 LW, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User wrdwrght's Avatar
    I like my Spydies shiny and have been reluctant to let a patina form on my non-stainless ones.

But, having more Spydies than I can easily rotate in and out of use (I know, I know, a first-world problem), some have languished in storage and, despite their thin coat of oil, my M4 Manix2 and Superblue Caly 3.5 developed pits: miniscule ones, but pits nonetheless.

To slow if not stop this worrisome trend, I have relented and forced patinas on my M4s and Superblues.

I think I'll let a patina form naturally on my Cruwear Manix2 and my ZDP Stretch.
    Marc

USUAL CARRY: Air/Techno plus one from Manix/Native/Para/Caly/Stretch series. RECENT ARRIVAL: Cruwear Manix2. ON MY RADAR: CF S110V Native5 (pre-ordered); VG10 Caly 3.5. HOLY GRAILS: Superhawk; Manix (C95 FFG PE); S90V Manix2 (C101 "Mini" or 80mm). DREAMS: Tatanka (the long-awaited Bison!); Sage5.

Spyderco Forum Registered User wrdwrght's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdGenRigger View Post
    I wish my Superblue Stretch was as nicely ground and nicely patina'd as yours. Uneven as mine is, the other side is also uneven but differently. Thinking aloud, I wonder if I can send it back for a regrind, for which I would gladly pay...
    Last edited by wrdwrght; 08-01-2014 at 08:36 AM.
    Marc

USUAL CARRY: Air/Techno plus one from Manix/Native/Para/Caly/Stretch series. RECENT ARRIVAL: Cruwear Manix2. ON MY RADAR: CF S110V Native5 (pre-ordered); VG10 Caly 3.5. HOLY GRAILS: Superhawk; Manix (C95 FFG PE); S90V Manix2 (C101 "Mini" or 80mm). DREAMS: Tatanka (the long-awaited Bison!); Sage5.

my little kitchen aid

Spyderco Forum Registered User M80's Avatar
    Love the Hinderer pen

Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Manix 2 LW, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

-Spencer

Got color on K390

-Spencer