Thread: Issue with Advanced Search Function

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar

Issue with Advanced Search Function

I wish the default for an Advanced Search function was to Search a Single Content Type, namely Posts. Partly because that's where I think most people will want to search most of the time, and partly because the result set returned when you Search Multiple Content Types with only Posts checked never contains as many posts as when you search a Single Content Type specifying Posts.

As an example, try this:

Using the Advanced Search function, on the Search Multiple Content Type tab, tick the Posts checkbox and search for those with 2012 in the title. At the time I write this, that search will return 17 results with a line at the bottom that says "Results 1 to 17 of 18" but no way to access the 18th result.

Running that same search from the Search Multiple Content Type tab with the All Types checkbox ticked returns the same result.

Now go to the Search Single Content Type tab, and search Posts with 2012 in the title. At the time of this writing, this search returned 56 results, on three pages, all accessible.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

I share your frustration Deacon. FWIW it's on my list of things to try and change/fix.
    There is nothing more important than this one day.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I wish the default for an Advanced Search function was to Search a Single Content Type, namely Posts. Partly because that's where I think most people will want to search most of the time, and partly because the result set returned when you Search Multiple Content Types with only Posts checked never contains as many posts as when you search a Single Content Type specifying Posts.
    test king actual exams braindumps file download test king actual exams braindumps file download
    ccna certification latest tests ccna certification latest tests
    ccna exam latest tests ccna exam latest tests
    ccna training latest tests ccna training latest tests
    ccna notes latest tests ccna notes latest tests
    a+ certification latest tests latest tests a+ certification latest tests latest tests