Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your User Sprints!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodEyeSniper View Post
    What are you cutting that has the blade scratched up like that? I know 420J2 scratches very easily, but my ZDP/420J2 Caly 3 has seen a lot of cardboard and isn't near as scratched up as that. I like it actually, and I kinda wish all my knives would develop a nice even wear pattern like that.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusH View Post
    SB Caly 3.5 after 2 years of use

My god has it been 2 years since that came out? That's crazy talk.

~David

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    What are you cutting that has the blade scratched up like that? I know 420J2 scratches very easily, but my ZDP/420J2 Caly 3 has seen a lot of cardboard and isn't near as scratched up as that. I like it actually, and I kinda wish all my knives would develop a nice even wear pattern like that.
    my my caly3 looks about like that and its seen mostly cardboard. might just be the lighting of the photo that brings it out more
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    love how much character your delica has goodeye
    thanks, so do I.

my knife cuts it all. cardboard, leather, soft rubber, hard rubber, plastic, soft wood, hard wood, zip ties, etc... but it's the cardboard that really scratches it up. I cut up at least a couple dozen feet of cardboard bike boxes a say. some days hundreds of feet.

The Forum Native counts as a sprint right? Hopefully, because it saw some use today.

Not much use, I just quartered the brown carpet and eigthed the blue one, but we all know how much carpets can do to an edge, and these are probably dirtier than the usual carpets. They have been my doormat/hookah-ash-catcher carpet that has been sitting outside for about 2 years collecting all manners of dust, dirt and ash with not many cleanings in between. The S110V took this all in stride though, and was still sharp enough to slice that receipt cleanly.

oh man, i love the forumknife.. i totally missed this one!
    Opinel Nr.8 Inox, Svord Peasant, Mule k390, Gayle Bradley Air, Gayle Bradley, S90V Military, Cruwear Military, Cruwear Military Collectors #13V, SuperBlue Stretch, Butch Vallotton Subhilt, Manix2 CTS-XHP, CPM-M4-Ti Military CF Scales, Para2 (xhp,m390,20cp,204p) , Laguiole Mandailles, Laguiole BrutdeForge Lame bélier doublePlatines, Laguiole enAubrac 13cm Lame Horn handle, Benchmade MINI ONSLAUGHT 746-1201 (Nr. 166 of 500)

Spyderco Forum Registered User All-R-Crazy's Avatar
    I'm so jealous of all of u
    I just wish
    delica ffg,endura ffg,pm2 black/black,delica sb,caly3.5 g10,caly3 sb,S90V military

Quote Originally Posted by JAfromMN
    My favorite Spyderco is the one that I used the most Today

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Still carrying, still using, still loving!

My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    Far too many sprints live their lives in a box and never get to stretch their legs. Not mine. Just hours out of the box it got reprofiled (which i did a terrible job of because it was only the 2nd knife i sharpened on my Edge Pro) and has since been little more than a beater. I really feel that this is what sprint knives are born for. I've just finished doing the bevel at 20 inclusive. It isn't quite as polished as it looks, it still has plenty of scratches in it. At this low of an angle, it is ridiculously sharp but will need some micro bevel to prevent chipping.

It looks like you used to have the same problem with the edge pro that I'm having. I did the exact same thing to my new CF PM2 laminate blade including the dulled tip. Any pointers (no pun intended) on how to not lose the tip on the EP?
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!! X 2, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 2
    Grail: A.T.R.

Picked this up today for a steal of a price, I plan for it to be a new user of mine. Already put it to use in the kitchen tonight.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Cameron's Avatar
    I've been carrying this since I got it.

Assist VG-10 Dodo CPM S30V Endura4 VG-10 Manix2 CTS: XHP, BD1 - CPM: M4, S110V, S30V Manix2 XL CPM S30V Native CPM S30V
    Para-Military2 CTS 204P - CPM S30V Tasman Salt H1 Temperance2 VG-10 Yojimbo CPM S30V Yojimbo2 CPM S30V

Spyderco Forum Registered User MadRookie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Cobra View Post
    It looks like you used to have the same problem with the edge pro that I'm having. I did the exact same thing to my new CF PM2 laminate blade including the dulled tip. Any pointers (no pun intended) on how to not lose the tip on the EP?
    Do not let the stone slide off the tip - stop on the tip & work your way backwards towards the heel.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Cobra View Post
    A lot of what you see on the tip was a chip that's slowly sharpening out. As for rounding off the tip just make sure your passes stay level as you come off the point. If you let it roll off the tip that's how you round it off. I've done it a bunch of times but it really doesn't bother me a lot because it makes the tip stronger.

~David

Spyderco Forum Registered User PanChango's Avatar
    My camera battery died, sorry for the crappy quality cell phone pic. Here is my SB Caly 3.5, my most used knife since 11/2011. I broke the tip off the CF ZDP Stretch and just did my first blade swap last night with my SB Stretch. I haven't had a chance to use the new blade yet. I'll try and get some better pics over the weekend.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    I've been carrying this since I got it.
    How long have you had it?
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Spyderco Forum Registered User Cameron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    How long have you had it?
    Only a couple weeks. It may soon be replaced by a new sprint (or exclusive) Para2 in CTS-204P

Assist VG-10 Dodo CPM S30V Endura4 VG-10 Manix2 CTS: XHP, BD1 - CPM: M4, S110V, S30V Manix2 XL CPM S30V Native CPM S30V
    Para-Military2 CTS 204P - CPM S30V Tasman Salt H1 Temperance2 VG-10 Yojimbo CPM S30V Yojimbo2 CPM S30V

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Just sharpened up my dads para that he abuses and chips al the time

Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    Just sharpened up my dads para that he abuses and chips al the time

Your dad beats the hell out of that thing. All these great photos make me want to go to town on my knives.
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!! X 2, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 2
    Grail: A.T.R.

Spyderco Forum Registered User MarcusH's Avatar
    Two User Sprints and one true classic, also a user

My small collection: http://www.araneomorphae.de
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and beautiful knives. The rest I just squandered."
    Slightly modified, R.I.P. George Best.