Thread: Search time out 30 seconds.

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Search time out 30 seconds.

Is it a possibility to remove, or at least reduce, the 30 second search limit on the forum?

If you miss-spell something and search for it by accident, you have to sit there and twiddle your thumbs before searching for the correct term, or if the search yields no results and you want to try something else it seems to take forever..

I also have a problem when browsing on a phone or other touch screen and you accidentally 'double tap' the search and it mistakenly thinks you have searched twice and locks you out for the time limit.

Is there a reason it is in place or just a vBulletin default? The only other forum I am aware of using it has a 10sec limit. Not a big deal but its slightly frustrating.

Thanks

Spyderco Forum Registered User Pockets's Avatar
    I agree it's frustrating, but I have no idea how to fix it. On the plus side, you'll get really good at thumb-twiddling...

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    I have actually left forums for this reason. 30 seconds is a LOT better than some other forums, but it's still a bit long. It's there to prevent spamming.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User angusW's Avatar
    30 seconds is normal on a lot of forums that I go/have gone to. It is a bit irritating sometimes but that's why browsers have tabs now
    Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I'm using the blade clamp that comes with the DMT aligner system and the serrated edge DMT sharpener and guide rod to sharpen my kitchen serrated edge bread knife. The grooves are all large and the same size. This works perfect. Just set the angle so the diamond rod just hits the very edge. The points are staying pin sharp. After doing all the grooves you just remove the burr from the back side. The thing I don't know is if the tip of the diamond rod will fit inside the small serrations of the Spyderedge. I have never used a Sharpmaker to do serrated edges and I bet this way is much slower. But I've heard most ways round the tips off a bit. I have used the EP to sharpen the same knife by sharpening the back side like a plain edge then removing the burr from the inside of each serration. This is ok but will round the points off and the back side angle will not be flat. You need to keep the angle as low as possible but it won't be like the knife was brand new.

Has anyone else used the DMT aligner for serrated edges? They now have an extra fine serrated edge rod in addition to the fine grit. I think they have a coarse one also. For those who like serrated edges and have a hard time sharpening them you might want to check this out if you haven't already.
    jimmy

Spyderco Forum Registered User Pockets's Avatar
    The seconds seem like they're each just a tad too long...