Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ali Express / Alibaba.com

Quote Originally Posted by ugaarguy View Post
    Sal, has there been any effort by the Spyderco legal team to directly contact US Customs or file complaints or requests for enforcement through the OIG of the US Postal Service? It seems most of these knives are shipped to individuals via international mail with shipping within the US handled by the USPS through reciprocal international mail agreements. Would that not fall under the jurisdiction of the US Postal Inspectors who are under the Inspector General of the USPS?
    Hi ugaarguy,
    We can't get into specifics, but I can say that we've utilized every possible avenue and will continue to do so. It's a very complex and challenging issue with factors that seem to change from day to day. We do appreciate the support and all the efforts of everyone who watches out for us. The posts that are made in this area of the forum are a huge help and a great resource.

Kristi
    There is nothing more important than this one day.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HK-Fr...516137845.html

Also Ti Military now.... And I do not see any difference!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomelly View Post
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HK-Fr...516137845.html

Also Ti Military now.... And I do not see any difference!
    They wouldn't be very good at counterfeiting if you could.

I'm sure the actual product is quite different...the picture might even be photoshopped or a stolen stock photo.
    Blake

Listing of Blade-Length Laws by State/County (Not My Website)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Blerv View Post
    They wouldn't be very good at counterfeiting if you could.

I'm sure the actual product is quite different...the picture might even be photoshopped or a stolen stock photo.
    I hope...

Spyderco Forum Registered User systemofadown's Avatar
    I just got into this a couple weeks ago, but now that I've taken in enough info to form IMO a decent idea of how to differentiate a real Spyderco product from a counterfeit (Mostly pm2's) but some carry over to other models. I've noticed A lot more selling them on ebay as the real deal to unsuspecting buyers hungry enough to look past the red flags just to have that Hot model in hand Now.. This also correlates to the increased orders on the "China" Express Site - more people are buying lots instead of singles which indicates to me that they are reselling.... Taking advantage of the pm2's shortages & taking advantage of potential new customers wallets (not to mention Spydercos reputation for high quality cutlery). I know all this has to have come up before but I just had to get it out of my system... I think it stinks..

Spyderco Forum Registered User Xcellent's Avatar
    Even worse, apparently Alibaba.com is going public and is listed in New York. I just did a quick search on their website (alibaba.com), typed in Spyderco and found nothing trustworthy. A Spyderco Warrior that costs $85 a piece and they're able to supply 100.000 a month.. Maybe it's just my inability to do a decent search, but that doesn't sound very comforting.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Pinetreebbs's Avatar
    If they have a US presence they can be hauled into US courts.
    Have you joined Knife Rights yet? Go to: www.KnifeRights.org
    Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jeremy_A_Neel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinetreebbs View Post
    If they have a US presence they can be hauled into US courts.
    Hopefully.. This whole situation is sickening.
    "If you have a difficult task, give it to a lazy person - they will find an easier way to do it." -Hlade's Law