Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: CF & S90v Manix2 XL and Yojimbo from KW

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    I can decide if i want the Manix2 xl... hard to pass up on s90v, but its just so freaking big!
    -----Dreaming of: M4 Bird & Trout collaboration with Phil Wilson-----

Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User FCM415's Avatar
    I'm passing unfortunately. XL is too big, it would end up in the case.

Holland, I noticed you got another S90v Para2! Congrats. I regretted not picking it up, I was hesitant because of the condition and you jumped on it before me. I have yet to have one, at least I have the fluted version to look forward to!

Spyderco Forum Registered User MCM's Avatar
    Its been a while, looking forward to adding these two to the herd.

More S90v & CF please.......

Spyderco Forum Registered User black's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MCM View Post
    looking forward to adding these two to the herd.
    I thinks that's what most of us do But i'm always just adding one specimen each. Hopefully the next Native 5 will match the gang...

Quote Originally Posted by FCM415 View Post
    I'm passing unfortunately. XL is too big, it would end up in the case.

Holland, I noticed you got another S90v Para2! Congrats. I regretted not picking it up, I was hesitant because of the condition and you jumped on it before me. I have yet to have one, at least I have the fluted version to look forward to!
    Thanks! im excited to put this one to work! im happy its all scratched up cause i wont feel bad at all adding more scratches to her was thinking i might stonewash it? what do you think?

Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User

WOW! I have no one of this family! I said in the dream EDC poll that those Spydie are really my dream!

cool picture. you ever think about getting peel ply cf scales made for the mules?

Quote Originally Posted by God'sMyJudge View Post
    cool picture. you ever think about getting peel ply cf scales made for the mules?
    +1

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User defenestrate's Avatar
    I did land the job, jabba, thanks! O one of the ones I was looking for anyway. I don't know whether I will get both but I am strongly considering getting at least one.
    I don't get mad. I get..Stabby.
    -Fat Tony

Spyderco Forum Registered User Zenith's Avatar

All those on the left are fake and need to be sent to me for proper disposal at once

Awesome collection!
    "If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive"
    "the perfect knife is the one in your hand, you should just learn how to use it."
    If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all

My Youtube knife use videos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/mwvanwyk/videos
    Knife makers directory: http://www.knifemakersdirectory.com/

Might as well send this to the first page

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User CarbonFiberNut's Avatar
    MSRP on the normal satin blade Manix 2 XL is $175. MSRP on the CF/S90v is $275. So I guess we're looking at about a $160-200 out the door price, roughly speaking. If it lands somewhere in the low end of that range I could definitely see myself being tempted. Here's hoping I get a job lined up before preorders open.
    ◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
    ◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
    ◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?

I would guess it's around 190.

The Manix2XL should be between $155 and $159, and Yojimbo2 should be between $168 and $175, assuming KW already knows what they're going to be pricing them at. Arrange the Spyderco on KW by price and then compare the prices of the items around the S90V sprints and you'll see the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    The Manix2XL should be between $155 and $159, and Yojimbo2 should be between $168 and $175.

Never!!! Dealers don't price their exclusives like regular production knives. They have their own mark-up. Look at other dealer exckusive runs and not other production Spydercos.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    I estimated this price earlier based on previous pricing.

I anticipate it will be (within a dollar of) Manix 2 XL - $202, Yo 2 - $220.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    I'm still on the fence about this Yojimbo 2. Not really interested in the XL. If I got the Yo 2 I would have to do the same modifications that I've done to my standard Yo 2, and they took a LOT of work to get it where it is today. I'm not sure if I want to bother with all that again. Then again, that would make this the ultimate Yo 2 for me...It'll probably come down to having the cash when they're released.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Never!!! Dealers don't price their exclusives like regular production knives. They have their own mark-up. Look at other dealer exckusive runs and not other production Spydercos.
    Hmm I didn't think about that. Well I hope I was right, but your prices are a lot more likely. I didn't get into Spyderco until after the previous S90V knives had dropped so I was just going off of placement in KW.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    I'm still on the fence about this Yojimbo 2. Not really interested in the XL. If I got the Yo 2 I would have to do the same modifications that I've done to my standard Yo 2, and they took a LOT of work to get it where it is today. I'm not sure if I want to bother with all that again. Then again, that would make this the ultimate Yo 2 for me...It'll probably come down to having the cash when they're released.
    Why not just swap the S90V blade into the G-10 handles? At least for me, I can barely notice the difference between peel-ply CF and peel-ply G-10, for me the big difference in the KW Yo2 will be the S90V blade, that's what I'm really looking forward to.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post

Why not just swap the S90V blade into the G-10 handles? At least for me, I can barely notice the difference between peel-ply CF and peel-ply G-10, for me the big difference in the KW Yo2 will be the S90V blade, that's what I'm really looking forward to.

The thought crossed my mind, but I would still have to do some grinding on the tang of the blade to open up the index choil to match the shape of the scales. If I do buy one and modify it, I'll be using the G10 scales as a template to match how much I need to grind off. Also my Yo 2 is out getting a regrind right now, and depending on how that turns out I may not be able to live with the hollow grind, so I'd also be looking at having the S90V reground too. Still, it would make for one crazy good knife. Might have to look into selling off some of my least used knives to ensure I have the cash for this one.

For what it's worth, if you guys haven't handled the XL, it really is a good knife. Even though it's obviously a Manix 2 of sorts, I think there's enough different about it to see it as a completely different model. There are obvious similarities, but even the grip ergonomics felt different to me. It's a good knife, but not one I would EDC, and so not one I would buy.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

That grind sounds interesting evil, keep us updated

I am excited for these, but definitely at half the rocket boost I was for the para 2 [simply being my fav of all time as much with you all]. And knowing theres another cf para 2 in the future , if these 3 [yo/man/para] crash land around the same time, I will have to do some triage with my funds and allocate it to the para as well. But then again it may end up like you evil, if I have the cash at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    The thought crossed my mind, but I would still have to do some grinding on the tang of the blade to open up the index choil to match the shape of the scales. If I do buy one and modify it, I'll be using the G10 scales as a template to match how much I need to grind off. Also my Yo 2 is out getting a regrind right now, and depending on how that turns out I may not be able to live with the hollow grind, so I'd also be looking at having the S90V reground too. Still, it would make for one crazy good knife. Might have to look into selling off some of my least used knives to ensure I have the cash for this one.

For what it's worth, if you guys haven't handled the XL, it really is a good knife. Even though it's obviously a Manix 2 of sorts, I think there's enough different about it to see it as a completely different model. There are obvious similarities, but even the grip ergonomics felt different to me. It's a good knife, but not one I would EDC, and so not one I would buy.