Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: CF & S90v Manix2 XL and Yojimbo from KW

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    Price, size, the existence of S110V, would be my top guesses.
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by jalcon View Post
    Anyone else surprised this is taking so long to sell out? I remember people saying 10 days tops at first.. Just curious?
    Their site says they are about to receive 297 more.

I am surprised at the length of time, but then the Para2 and Military are usually much more popular. The Manix 2 XL feels great to me but some people think it is too big, and it is too big for some jurisdictions. It is priced a little high too. I wonder what the S90V Military first sold for.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bdblue View Post
    ..I wonder what the S90V Military first sold for.
    A little wiki work says they were originally $319.95 MSRP.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Quote Originally Posted by jalcon View Post
    Anyone else surprised this is taking so long to sell out? I remember people saying 10 days tops at first.. Just curious?
    I'm pretty surprised they haven't sold out yet, I did my part and bought 2 as soon as they were available . I *really* love mine, but it *is* a pretty large pocket-filler, may be too large for some people/jurisdictions. I'm just glad I don't have to worry too much about blade length in Texas, up to 5 1/2" except some cities like San Antonio.

The CF is perfect to me - Offers a secure grip similar to G10, but looks a bit nicer. I haven't had the opportunity to view any fluted CF in person, that *really* sounds great. I do also like the fluted Ti models I have.
    Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E)

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    "Early 2014" would be ideal for me.
    I think "in my pocket already" would be ideal for me.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker. Waiting on a Squeak, Pingo, and Cliptools with a Split Spring!
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Spyderco Forum Registered User black's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MCM View Post
    (297) more of these will be shipping next week. (130) have been shipped so far & about 500 total orders have been placed.
    (For those who are keeping track)

It's friday now. I ordered the first day they were available. Can't imagine I'm not one of the first 427. Anybody got a shipping notification this week?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Chris_H's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    It's friday now. I ordered the first day they were available. Can't imagine I'm not one of the first 427. Anybody got a shipping notification this week?
    I got mine today in the mail.
    "All your are belong to us."
    ** WTC # 1032 1533 **

Spyderco Forum Registered User TSchloz's Avatar
    You should give them a call.

Tom

Yes, definitely call them. I was at the tail end of this batch of 297. I received my shipping notification on Monday, and the knife arrived yesterday. KW sold a little over 400 pieces when I placed my order on Dec 6.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    I think "in my pocket already" would be ideal for me.
    Man you ain't kidding. I am so excited for this knife. I plan on setting aside some tax refund money for two of them.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_H View Post
    I got mine today in the mail.
    Got my shipping notice last week! I called them the week before that just to confirm my order, which they did! The knife came yesterday and I'm very pleased! I ordered the first day also but I waited till 8PM instead of 8AM like most! You should call them and confirm your order, then ask them about further details. They are nice people!

Spyderco Forum Registered User black's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eric m. View Post
    I ordered the first day also but I waited till 8PM instead of 8AM like most! You should call them and confirm your order, then ask them about further details. They are nice people!

I ordered around 10:30 AM. What am I supposed to confirm? My order has been paid weeks ago. On the other hand I am still waiting for any progress on a 0777 order from '11 as well...

I ordered around 10:30 AM. What am I supposed to confirm? My order has been paid weeks ago. On the other hand I am still waiting for any progress on a 0777 order from '11 as well...
    0777? The original Damascus/Vanax 35 blade 0777 is long out of production and I'm fairly sure the M390 version production run is done too..you will most likely need to go to the secondary markets to get one of those..be ready to dig really deep into the ole wallet if you want the original Vanax 35 version.

Back on track..I've never owned or even seen a Manix XL before so when I got 2 of the CF XL's in a couple of days ago my first thought was wow definitely a big honkin oof dah knife with a big slab of S90V.

Overall I really like this dealer exclusive. The S90V really shines sharpened on the SM medium rods with a toothy edge and the CF has a lot of grip, though it will probably smooth out some with use. Its not a "disappear in the pocket" knife but the width of it seems to help spread out the weight. Carried it all day today with no issues and did forget it was there till I needed it.

Well done KW and Spyderco. It was worth the wait.

Spyderco Forum Registered User MCM's Avatar
    Am surprised to say there are about 60 of these available at KW.
    (740 have sold) To me its a new favorite, but do know the Millie and Para are super popular.
    Guess I just like bigger blades. No problem at all in my pocket.
    It may be one of those that gain traction once they become un obtainable.
    In any case, thanks Sal & Spyderco! What a great blade!

More S90v & CF please.......

Spyderco Forum Registered User salmonkiller's Avatar
    And thanks to Roger and the Folks at KW also!

Really liking mine, a lot. Wish I knew more about any long term testing of the lock. Strength compared to a compression lock etc. The carbon fiber scales are so nice and of course S90V is great. Mine is a keeper for years to come...

Spyderco Forum Registered User MCM's Avatar
    The last 20 of 800 are available. In case anyone here has been on the fence.
    Just a heads up.

More S90v & CF please.......

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    Am surprised to say there are about 60 of these available at KW.
    (740 have sold) To me its a new favorite, but do know the Millie and Para are super popular.
    Guess I just like bigger blades. No problem at all in my pocket.
    It may be one of those that gain traction once they become un obtainable.
    In any case, thanks Sal & Spyderco! What a great blade!
    Yeah, I've heard people saying that they are too big. *shrug*

I carry mine once in a while and think that it's too big to carry all the time.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker. Waiting on a Squeak, Pingo, and Cliptools with a Split Spring!
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

The last 20 of 800 are available. In case anyone here has been on the fence.
    Just a heads up.
    Thanks a lot! (for making me relive my sad negative decision ) But seriously it's always nice to have another chance, and I've happily jumped on such opportunities a couple of times in the past.
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: New Stretch prototype Coyote G-10 slab/ZDP test sprint!

I'm still loving mine. Sure, I don't normally carry it during the work week, but around home and weekends, whittling/fire prep, general use it's fantastic! Tempted to buy a 3rd and 4th while they are available, but I need to same some $ for their Yojimbo .
    Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E)