Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: CF & S90v Manix2 XL and Yojimbo from KW

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    It all comes down to economics! With the Federal Reserve pumping 85BILLION DOLLARS($85,000,000,000) a month into our economy just to keep the bottom from falling out, our dollar is being de-valued greatly!!! Anyone gone food shopping lately? Our dollar buys less so companies have to charge more to continue making their profits, SPYDERCO included! Sal, do you want to chime in?
    Last edited by eric m.; 11-20-2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Spyderco Forum Registered User FCM415's Avatar
    KW is my goto, so it is what it is.

Mine are shipped already, can't wait to get them

Spyderco Forum Registered User rycen's Avatar
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Knifeworks.com View Post
    Spyderco Manix2 XL C95G2, CPM-S90V, Peel Ply Carbon Fiber Handle, Plain Edge
    (KNIFEWORKS EXCLUSIVE), (PRE-ORDER)

Suggested Retail: $274.95
    Our Price: $219.95 Shipped in the USA
    You Save: $55.00

The 1st 100 have sold and will ship tomorrow 11/20/13.
    (100 sold in the 1st 20 minutes this morning)
    Taking pre orders for the rest of the run.

http://www.knifeworks.com/spydercoma...exclusive.aspx

Limited to 2 Per Customer

Limited to 800 Pieces

Free Shipping in the USA
    The large Manix2 is an oversized version of the Manix2 with a blade that is just under four-inches. The blade is locked open using Spydercos patented Ball Bearing Lock. The lock is comprised of a free-floating steel ball-bearing encased in a high-tech polymer cage. When opened, the ball bearing moves forward onto the blades ramp where it is wedged, locking the blade safely open.

The spherical shape of the ball rotates freely allowing the lock to self-adjust across a large surface, ensuring smooth and confident lock-up every time it is opened. The blade is CPM-S90V, ground full-flat and features jimping above the oversized 14mm Spyderco Round Hole. The jimping texture continues from the blades spine to the full-length skeletonized steel liners.

length overall 8.94" (227 mm)
    length closed 5.1" (130 mm)
    hole diameter .56" (14 mm)
    blade length 3.86" (98 mm)
    cutting edge 3.44" (87 mm)
    blade thickness .125" (3 mm)
    blade steel CPM-S90V
    weight 5.9 oz (168 g)
    handle material Peel Ply Carbon Fiber
    We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal

Yep, got my shipping notice on my two! Doesn't usually take to long for packages to arrive to me in Texas from KnifeWorks in Louisiana.
    Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E)

Spyderco Forum Registered User RadioactiveSpyder's Avatar
    Two day shipping!! Awesome, hope to have it hand by Saturday (I only needed one!)! I'm so pumped. Those KW pics rock, it should make a nice mate for the regular size CF S90V Manix...
    It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King

Spyderco Forum Registered User Orangeneck's Avatar
    Ditto. My 2 should get here Friday.
    Last edited by Orangeneck; 11-21-2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: faster shipping

I didn't get my order in till 8PM! I'll probably have to wait 2 months! Thanks for the pictures. It looks great!!!

Scheduled delivery date Friday

Spyderco Forum Registered User Buendia518's Avatar
    Hello everyone,

I have some advice to ask. Will I be able to place my preorder next week? When I originally saw the price of this knife I balked, but I'm changing my mind. Unfortunately I don't have the cash right now and I should be 'comfortable' by next week. I don't now if I'll regret the big investment in a knife I've never handled, but the excitement is worth it to me and I hate getting left out

So what's the consensus on how the preorder list will fill? If I could buy one when they're actually available that would be way more convenient.

Thanks for the guidance, have a good night.

Spyderco Forum Registered User RadioactiveSpyder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jalcon View Post
    Scheduled delivery date Friday
    Me too, thank you KW for the fast shipping! May have to leave work early to meet the mailman for this one!

Buendia518, I would bet that you'd still be able to order one next week. Good luck!
    It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King

Is that pic posted above it shows the blade with heavy lines in it. Are those grind/sharpening lines or something else? They look pretty rough!

Quote Originally Posted by Buendia518 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have some advice to ask. Will I be able to place my preorder next week? When I originally saw the price of this knife I balked, but I'm changing my mind. Unfortunately I don't have the cash right now and I should be 'comfortable' by next week. I don't now if I'll regret the big investment in a knife I've never handled, but the excitement is worth it to me and I hate getting left out

DSo what's the consensus on how the preorder list will fill? If I could buy one when they're actually available that would be way more convenient.

Thanks for the guidance, have a good night.
    I think you should be ok. I talked to someone over at KW this morning, and they sold about 300 at that time. You figure, 800 knives is quite a bit - that's $176K worth of these.

Spyderco Forum Registered User FCM415's Avatar
    They dont charge you till the knife is shipped and it may be awhile till they receive your batch.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Buendia518's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FCM415 View Post
    They dont charge you till the knife is shipped and it may be awhile till they receive your batch.
    Good to know. I'll probably give them a call tomorrow to be sure and maybe ask them about the availability, I'll try to update that info here. I do think I preordered from them a while ago and the charge came right away but the knife took a couple weeks, though I may be wrong.

Buendia518, what FCM415 said, plus, if you wait until they get the next shipment in, they may all sell to people who preordered. (If I really wanted it, personally, I'd be afraid I'd miss it that way) You could give them a call, preorder by phone, but ask if there's any chance that they would come in early next week. More probably, it could be a couple of weeks or more. If it drags on, of course you have to remember to leave the dinero in the account If you get cold feet later on, you could always call back and cancel the preorder.

Edit: Oops, your post above came while I was writing this -- I see that you've come to some of the same conclusions already. Good luck!
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: New Stretch prototype Coyote G-10 slab/ZDP test sprint!

Quote Originally Posted by Buendia518 View Post
    Will I be able to place my preorder next week?
    That would be risky. If you really want one, order it right now. They are taking preorders now, all of them will be sold to preorders well before KW receives all of them.

Spyderco Forum Registered User salmonkiller's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FCM415 View Post
    +1 My Card has not been charged.I suggest that if you want this release you pre-order ASAP.Call them or order it online.KW is a great dealer and very nice folks to deal with.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    I thought I ordered much later. They say I placed my order at 8:42 am. Oh, they're in a different time zone. I ordered 9:42 my time and 8:42 their time.

Well, I got my shipping notice and USPS says it is priority. I might get it by the weekend.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

If anyone is on the fence about getting one of these because they are saving for the S90V Yojimbo I just noticed its saying "Late in 2014" under the S90V Yojimbo "Our Price: Late in 2014" price section.

I'm not sure if this is correct but I'm assuming this means the YO wont be out for about a year?

Yep these XL's aint cheap but in a year or 2 they very well could seem cheap in hindsight..S90V and CF always seem to be recipe for substantial secondary market price markups..